SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Hello

I wanna play with SR and IR with BG2EE.. Does it work with Beamdog version ? should i buy beamdog version ?

I also want to play with french traduction which seems to works with BG2EE v2.3.67.3 ( link : https://github.com/Isaya/bg2eetrans/releases/tag/v0.6.67.3)

So does it work with the final version of beamdog 2.0 ??

Thanks, Regards

Edit : i have installed Spell revision, items revision and revised SCS (and the french translation, and print all your spells and items modification cause they still remains the same) but now i m not sure if i must install Big World Fixpack ? does it override mods .?

Edited by malax83

Hello,

i ve installed BWS.

During the installation i have this message :

The extraction of the following mod(s) failed:
Spell Revisions v4 (pre-release): The Mod itself (Gibberlings3-SpellRevisions-v4b14-0-gc17796f.zip)

Some files were not extracted. Do you want the BWS to run an integrity test on those files first, provide the files
yourself (see remarks) or just continue?
Enter [t]est, [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.
All files seem to be intact.
Enter [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.

Is this a problem ?

Hello,

i ve installed BWS.

Spell Revisions v4 (pre-release): The Mod itself (Gibberlings3-SpellRevisions-v4b14-0-gc17796f.zip)

Some files were not extracted. Do you want the BWS to run an integrity test on those files first, provide the files

Is this a problem ?

Well, if you considert that you didn't actually install the mod, then yeah. By the by, report this at either here, or make a new thread there. The later will likely get a better reception.

Hello,

i ve installed BWS.

Is this a problem ?

Do this

- Go to the folder you have selected for the BWS downloads. Check that Gibberlings3-SpellRevisions-v4b14-0-gc17796f.zip is there.

- Check that the zip file size is 7.169.283 Bytes when you right click on it and ask for file attributes.

- from the zip file just move the spell_rev folder and the setup-spell_rev.exe into your game directory.

- ©ontinue BWS

Otherwise download the mod again from here http://lynxlynx.info/ie/modhub.php?Gibberlings3/SpellRevisions&preonly

Edited by Roxanne

Yo.

I'm back.

All will be fixed, and uploaded tomorrow. Cant vouch for spell descriptions (lot of work) but:

- 328 opcodes that slipped through are removed, so now SR is once again fully compatible wih old engine

- insects are now blocked by fireshields properly (Aura of Flaming Death also blocks them)

- wizard web is now truly a disable (copy-paste is bound to lead to errors)

- clerical spell Dispel magic now affects only enemies, same as wizard version, boo-ya

- petrification code optimized with ONLY_IF_CHANGES

- insects now really make people go berserk (save is allowed, and it will only last for 3 seconds however)

- and some other stuff; mostly from this thread.

I haven't touched Simulacrums or PI spells, and will not be bothered with it, sorry - I hate these spells beyond measure and if I could delete them from the game I would.

I haven't fixed casting graphics, will if I get the time.

@Mike

I'll send you my work, if you can upload it to Git that'd be great. If not, I'll put it on dropbox. I don't have the time, willpower and stamina to go through that again.

I've tested the installer on EE2 and old BG2, works fine.

Edited by kreso

Ok, good to know. I guess I can understand and accept the logic behind it, but the description doesn't match the behavior. Maybe indicate that it protects against all weapon ?

Yes, the description of the spell should be amended accordingly.

It makes sense to me that PfMW protects against non magical ones as well but then the name of the spell itself is rather misleading as well.

Will fix. And yes, it's intended. No more bypassing PfMW with 1gp arrows/darts. Sorry, but that's just

a)lame

b) silly

c) stupid

d) utterly unfair towards AI who never, ever, uses normal weapons to beat your omnipotent pfmw-protected mage. (RogueRebalancing does, but it will make no difference in this case since all weapons are rendered equally useless).

I'm sure Demi will flay me for this, but the spell shall be called (taaa-daaa....)

Protection from Weapons. :cool:

I've seen a number of instances where spellcasting does not break invisibility. The one I see most often, because I replay it most often, is SCS Silke, who casts invisibility and then casts a bunch of buffs without turning visible (even partially visible).

Is this a product of a change made by SR? Or SCS?

If the former, what exactly is happening there? How does it work?

I know about this; Semaj (mage in Sarevok battle) always gets this. I can't vouch for Silke thou. If she uses spells on herself, that's fine, those don't break invisibility.

But, I've witnessed and read reports about True Seeing not working, mages poping in and out of invisibility at will etc.

All I can say is, EE better fix this. It doesn't happen on old engine. It has nothing to do with SR or SCS in any case.

hey kreso, glad to have you back! :D yay!

I agree about PFMW, prismatic mantle has a different use case in SR now, and absolute immunity is completely different anyway. They all have a different flavor.

I was wondering, for SR, I made a short mod for myself which does 2 things:

1. Put gate and summon fiend scrolls back into a SR install (right now the spells exist but have no corresponding scrolls since Monster8 and Monster9 replaced them). The component makes it so those spells are sold by Lazarus in ToB or can drop only from very powerful spellcasters in SoA

2. Replace planetar vorpal insta-kill with bonus big damage (4D6 crushing no save + 8D6 magic dmg with death save at -4), for those who don't like the cheese.

Do you think they would be valuable optional components for SR?

I have done all the code already, with good modding practice (patching) :) it's just a matter of including it into the main SR tp2 file.

I could send the files to you in PM if you want

Edited by Daxtreme

Ehm.

I don't know what to do with MSIX. Basilisk is imo a total no-go (and btw, I'm gonna remove all that jazz for SR-SCS, no more free summons for mages).

So why not put a demon there? At least as a "placeholder" of sorts? I've experimented a bit with Werewolfs but wasn't too happy. The thing is, virtually only summons I ever use are skeleton warriors since I like to have my PCs do the bashing, not some summoned crap, hence I rarely see how useful they are in practice.

MSVIII is imo fine.

I'm not sure about planetar. Is it really that OP to warrant such a nerf? I know about their OPness in vanilla game, but never had much issues with them in SR...

Oh, and I've also fixed this crap from occuring. ("Unaffect by effects from..."). Now the message is properly displayed.

Edited by kreso

not sure you understand the scrolls part entirely! :p I'm not replacing monster8 and monster9, the spells are already there, and so are summon fiend and Gate. Feel free to modify them though.

I'm simply putting scrolls back into the game for summon fiend and gate so the players can learn them. Right now only the AI can cast them since you can literally never learn those spells unless you EEKeeper them to your character (no scrolls for them)

> I'm not sure about planetar. Is it really that OP to warrant such a nerf? I know about their OPness in vanilla game, but never had much issues with them in SR...

Well it's still only an optional component. No one forces anyone to install it. And you never died to a random planetar one-shot? I find that hard to believe, they have 2-3 atks per round, it constantly happens to me. Either that or my own planetars one-shot stuff randomly.

It goes through stoneskin/mirror image by the way. Kinda lame if you ask me...

But whatever I guess, it's just that I have this code ready to work on any install, and I know from reading old Spell Revisions threads that some people around here might like it ;)

edit: also, replacing insta-death with bonus dmg is actually a buff against anything that's immune to insta-death ... so not quite a nerf :p Especially since 12D6 (save for half) is no meager damage!

I'm just replacing a mechanic which I think is cheesy with one that is constantly good, yet never feels cheap!

Edited by Daxtreme

not sure you understand the scrolls part entirely! :p I'm not replacing monster8 and monster9, the spells are already there, and so are summon fiend and Gate. Feel free to modify them though.

I'm simply putting scrolls back into the game for summon fiend and gate so the players can learn them. Right now only the AI can cast them since you can literally never learn those spells unless you EEKeeper them to your character (no scrolls for them)

> I'm not sure about planetar. Is it really that OP to warrant such a nerf? I know about their OPness in vanilla game, but never had much issues with them in SR...

Well it's still only an optional component. No one forces anyone to install it. And you never died to a random planetar one-shot? I find that hard to believe, they have 2-3 atks per round, it constantly happens to me. Either that or my own planetars one-shot stuff randomly.

But whatever I guess, it's just that I have this code ready to work on any install, and I know from reading old threads that some people around here might like it

I've had people not only killed by planetars, but chunked by them in no-reload games, so I'm well aware of what a Planetar can do. In vanilla game however.

Isn't that chunky part disabled with SR? The fact vorpal goes through low-level protections isn't something I can change. Also, since SR makes HLAs innates, I tought summoning one per rest isn't as crazy as summoning a new one if the first one dies.

I'll think about it, but I see nothing wrong with adding few more options... ("make Planetars less OP"?)

Like making (Limited) Wish a spell you can't cast in combat :p.

Yo.

I'm back.

Yay!

I haven't touched Simulacrums or PI spells, and will not be bothered with it, sorry - I hate these spells beyond measure and if I could delete them from the game I would.

You should try my versions - in the TnB "Spell Tweaks."

https://github.com/subtledoctor/TomeAndBlood

It installs over SR. Every Clone spell becomes a version of Simulacrum where the clone's spellcasting is limited to some tier of spells.

It also does some funky stuff with invisibility (combines it with Sanctuary) to allow selective invisibility - so the caster if Detect Invisibility can actually see invisible opponents, while others cannot.

If it works, of course. :lol:

But whatever I guess, it's just that I have this code ready to work on any install, and I know from reading old threads that some people around here might like it

I've had people not only killed by planetars, but chunked by them in no-reload games, so I'm well aware of what a Planetar can do. In vanilla game however.

Isn't that chunky part disabled with SR? The fact vorpal goes through low-level protections isn't something I can change. Also, since SR makes HLAs innates, I tought summoning one per rest isn't as crazy as summoning a new one if the first one dies.

I'll think about it, but I see nothing wrong with adding few more options... ("make Planetars less OP"?)

Like making (Limited) Wish a spell you can't cast in combat :p.

No worries eh, I don't wanna sound condescending, it's just a suggestion :p

I will probably post these small tweaks in here even if they aren't included in SR, in case it's helpful to someone. Like I said, they're done already so why not?

And good idea about Wish, just have to rework a few of the spells though since a lot of their uses are combat-oriented.

What about SCS AI with wish though? They use it mid-combat very well.

If it works, of course. :lol:

hahahhahahahahahaaaha.....I'll check it out when I get the time.

What about SCS AI with wish though? They use it mid-combat very well.

I don't mind Wish per se. It's an ok spell for it's level. It's the #Magical rest# option I can't stand since it's cheese galore on par with Boots of Speed.

And AI won't use this particular Wish. Maybe to just remove this option....

Or, maybe even better, altough this is pretty hardcore - remove Wish spell from sorcerer selection list. Make the scroll into such that you cannot learn the spell.

Net effect? You want Wish; great, go get those scrolls; GL finding them. :)

Don't worry, I don't mind suggestions, if they're written in code even better.