SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Then,

I can say why (maybe) the BWS could have done this report, it s probbably due to my personnal use error.

When i opened the mod list, as i m a bit clumsy, i deselected one of the category - then i would like to REselect all the default recommended mod but i missed using " Mark > ..." .

Maybe the old fashionned interface has pulled me to commit this mistake.

I have checked the cure medium spell and it s level 2, as i have checked strenght of one which give +2 to all my companions (you include :jump:)

I know SCS has a french version but as i can understand english when it s small text (at least less than a book) i will give a try for now.

Here some of the message i have recieved during installation (retry with items revisions : it seems to work)

ERROR: error copying [override/sw1h20.itm]
ERROR: COPY ~item_rev/itm/sw1h20.itm~ ~override/sw1h20.itm~ FAILED: cannot open target
ERROR: [item_rev/components/main/items.2da] -> [item_rev/components/main] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(24, "open", "item_rev/backup/0/sw1h20.itm"))
ERROR: error copying [item_rev/backup/0/sw1h20.itm]
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(24, "open", "item_rev/backup/0/sw1h20.itm")
Item Revisions by Demivrgvs (Main Component) - Installs all items (Item Revisions v4 (pre-release)) was not installed due to errors.

And few uninstalled mods :

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Xan NPC
Component: Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
Component: NPCs go to inns

Mod: SoD Banter Restoration
Component: SoD Banter Restoration

Thanks for sharing so much work.. I hope my Druid will shine again.

Edited by malax83

Then,

I can say why (maybe) the BWS could have done this report, it s probbably due to my personnal use error.

When i opened the mod list, as i m a bit clumsy, i deselected one of the category - then i would like to REselect all the default recommended mod but i missed using " Mark > ..." .

Maybe the old fashionned interface has pulled me to commit this mistake.

I have checked the cure medium spell and it s level 2, as i have checked strenght of one which give +2 to all my companions (you include :jump:)

I know SCS has a french version but as i can understand english when it s small text (at least less than a book) i will give a try for now.

Here some of the message i have recieved during installation (retry with items revisions : it seems to work)

ERROR: COPY ~item_rev/itm/sw1h20.itm~ ~override/sw1h20.itm~ FAILED: cannot open target

ERROR: [item_rev/components/main/items.2da] -> [item_rev/components/main] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(24, "open", "item_rev/backup/0/sw1h20.itm"))

ERROR: error copying [item_rev/backup/0/sw1h20.itm]

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(24, "open", "item_rev/backup/0/sw1h20.itm")

Item Revisions by Demivrgvs (Main Component) - Installs all items (Item Revisions v4 (pre-release)) was not installed due to errors.

And few uninstalled mods :

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Xan NPC

Component: Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems

Component: NPCs go to inns

Mod: SoD Banter Restoration

Component: SoD Banter Restoration

Thanks for sharing so much work.. I hope my Druid will shine again.

The last error in your list (SoD Banter) is now corrected in BWS, the mod should not be selectable for non-SoD games.

Hello,

Some description spells seems to be false, is there some description spells which are from previous version ?

For example, the lightning bolt should make 1d8 / level but the description says 1D6 / level.. Is my mod correctly installed ? Do you have the same description ?

Regards

Can't vouch for spell descriptions (lot of work)

So, you're not going to make this mod fully compatible with BG:EE, right?

There're currently lots of errors in names, tooltips, descriptions and so forth.... (for example, a good number of opcode 139 (Display String) strrefs in spells are hardcoded to BG2EE strings and are therefore invalid in BGEE. For example, strref 44916 points to "Saving Throws Lowered" in BG2EE, but results in an invalid string in BGEE)

It does say in the readme that this mod was designed for Baldur's Gate 2

With EET installed you're on the BG2 engine so, technically, it would be compatible with BG1 at that point ;)

Luke never actually asked about EET, just the regular BG1EE. Like kreso says, it's going to take a lot of work to update things to go through ... but, this is things that need to be done for a "full compatibility". Not that, that's nessasarily needed, as there are the EET, but that assumes that every player uses it, which is not compatiblity, but lazy-ass-ness, kinda.

And yes, the BG1EE uses the BG2's enhanced engine, but it doesn't have the same/extended dialog.tlk file attached, so the discretionary texts will be off by a mile in most cases.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Sorry this is taking so long. I started playing the damn game, found bugs, fixed, started playing again.....eheheeh. Old habits. Anyhow, I'm not keen on mantaining SR for EE1 alone. Making it work on old engine + new is already a lot for me and my time, let alone adding another game where all that is messed up is a few strings (a game which I hardly even played as a standalone).

You've got a stable EET version guys, play that. So much more convinient...

He means play within EET.

As in, the current version works best in BG2, and thus also in BGT or in EET, as they contains the BG2's original files. As the BG1EE doesn't... as it has no use for the BG2's dialog.tlk natively, for obvious reasons..yes, this is where the problem stims out from. The mod uses the old BG2's exported files in the primary component and adjusts them in the further components. Yes, that's how mods are made still, surprice.But then again, you couldn't make complete new files until very recently. And that's mostly too much headache anyways.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola