Will new strongholds be added?

Domi

I could see the Slaver Ship, but the circus is a place that holds a lot of painful memories for Aerie. It's also, not to put too fine a point on it, beneath her. Entertaining isn't her calling--she's shy, and serious. She's also potentially very powerful. In the Temple of Lathander, she can really help people. Side quests where she helps Quayle with trouble with the circus sound more like Quest Pack material than a stronghold for Aerie.

She seems to be quite taken by the idea of acting, and she seems to regret deeply for what have been done to Kalah and her. That could be a strong motivation for taking over the management and reforming the circus. It is to the circus that she returns if PC kicks her out - not going away. So yes, I see a strong connection there. Lathander, on another hand is not her god. But helping people does sound like her calling :)

Well, I have to agree that it should be possible to add more things for like the circus...

However, given the scope of this proposed Module, I would have to agree with Kish that it should only be kept with the accepted classes. Everything else would do better as a quest pack, for example.

Well, providing that there are no monc BioWARE NPCs... I am only thinking about new Strongholds to accomodate NPCs that are otherwise would be left out of the pie-sharing. I am not sure which NPCs exactly qualify for which stronghold though. I just remeber that Kish said before that only single-classed NPCs will get one (and Anomen), so I was thinking about Aerie... and Korgan does not seem like a person to whom Nalia would offer her castle.

I just remeber that Kish said before that only single-classed NPCs will get one (and Anomen)

I think you misread what he said :).

Instead of "only single-classed NPCs will get one", it should be "dual- and multi-classed NPCs will only get one". i.e. Aerie can't simultaneously own the Planar Sphere and belong to the Temple of Lathander, but that doesn't mean she can't have either.

Well, later he indicates that it would be logic that dictates if an NPC can accept a Stronghold. It would be nice to see his plans regarding every NPC :)

Every in-game NPC will be included in some fashion, as dictated by his or her class/classes and personality.

I just remeber that Kish said before that only single-classed NPCs will get one (and Anomen)

I think you misread what he said :).

Instead of "only single-classed NPCs will get one", it should be "dual- and multi-classed NPCs will only get one". i.e. Aerie can't simultaneously own the Planar Sphere and belong to the Temple of Lathander, but that doesn't mean she can't have either.

Yes. Thank you, NiGHTMARE.

Well, later he indicates that it would be logic that dictates if an NPC can accept a Stronghold. It would be nice to see his plans regarding every NPC :)

Well, I don't want to give away everything about the mod--particularly things that, at this early date, are still subject to change. I will say, however, that 1) the vast majority of the NPCs will qualify for at least one stronghold, 2) you really don't have to worry about Aerie, and 3) as Neriana says, even those NPCs who can't get strongholds won't be completely left out.

Guest Cantrip

Just a thought...

How about giving Haed'alis the Circus IF he's finished the Aerie romance?

That way, you give the circus to a performer, and Aerie gets to help make it a "better place"...

He could get it at chapter 6, so it wouldn't interrupt the normal quests.

How about giving Haed'alis the Circus IF he's finished the Aerie romance?

That way, you give the circus to a performer, and Aerie gets to help make it a "better place"...

He could get it at chapter 6, so it wouldn't interrupt the normal quests.

OK, if it will be as you suggest, can this stronghold work in MY game, where Aerie is happily killed at our first meeting, and Dalis is the leader of my group?

Ohh, I sincerely hope, my little one will take his theatre and have fun... :)

Archived