Compatibility with BGT/BP / BWS ?

eden

I know there is already NEJ, who do not care (much, even if it is a somewhat improved with latestet version), but having access to Icewind Dale campaign somewhere while into BG1 (close to the end ?) would be giant.

Then, of course, the way the mod is accessed need to be changed (from directly at launch to integrated to the game flow).

Possible / any idea / input ?

Ok, would have been quite another addon for the already quite big world possible theses days (as to ingame map, I guess Morrowind with the Tamriel Rebuild mod = 1st, then, Skyrim could have better, in some years (..) but as OpenMW is coming along (theses days, they opened the replacing of meshes (as to be more up to date), 1.0 is close and from there, OpenCS should take some more month (or weeks as quite some new developers are currently joining as to the editor).

Thanks for the reply CamDawg, some years I read you from time to time, nice to see you are there.
Btw; are you the project manager as to this mod ?

Definitely not compatible. IWD-in-BG2 was not designed to play well with others, and pretty much takes over the BG2 install that hosts it, serving as a new platform to be built upon.

Erhm, but but...

The v8 doesn't actually use the BG2 install at all, after the initial copy-ing of the resources. The player can play the two adventures, by exporting the primary character(there's a certain restrictions to this that you need to know about, mostly concerning installing custom kits and rule changes). You just have to install the IwD-in-BG2 first before the BWS, and then install all the kits and rule changes the same way to both of the games...(it can be a nightmare, I promise you).

The best part is, that you can use the Kulyok's and the IwD-in-BG2 fix/tweakpack mods to add NPCs to the IwD-in-BG2, so you don't have to make a custom 6 player character multi party to play the 2 different games. Now, of course none of this says that you can finish the IwD-in-BG2 part, as the mod even on it's own is a beta, so it can take skills that a normal player doesn't always have to actually finish a game.

@CamDawn: Btw; are you the project manager as to this mod ?

The project is probably ..., see the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition is coming out, and a part of the IwD-in-BG2's code was supplied to be used as part of the base IwDEE's start, but as they have the access to their own source code builder kit, they can do a lot of the stuff the IwD-in-BG2 can only dream about archiving.

Now, the primary coder of the IwD-in-BG2 mod (DavidW) has been checking into a few places that have talked about the Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition, and it's likely that the project is ...

...dead in the water.

Now, that doesn't say that no one can't take the DavidW's mantle and annihilate the competition by taking the current code and make it their own, or lure DavidW back ... as long as you don't make money out of it.

The Beamdog's position in this is that as they supply their own engine, work and they have the IP contracts, they can make money out of it. (This is an stretched assumption...)

Of course it could be that at some time in the future the Beamdog will make a game that will allow you to play all the various Infinity Engine games at the same engine(well the PST would be an exception)... and if the IwD-in-BG2 hasn't been developed to conclusion by then, it never will be, as at that point, the though of it has been annihilated.

Thanks for the reply CamDawg, some years I read you from time to time, nice to see you are there.

Btw; are you the project manager as to this mod ?

I started it, but really it's DavidW's baby nowadays. He's done the heavy lifting to get it working, and I nibble around the edges on it. It's probably not going to see much progress any time soon, as both David and I have seen our available modding time substantially reduced.

Definitely not compatible. IWD-in-BG2 was not designed to play well with others, and pretty much takes over the BG2 install that hosts it, serving as a new platform to be built upon.

Erhm, but but...

The v8 doesn't actually use the BG2 install at all, after the initial copy-ing of the resources. The player can play the two adventures, by exporting the primary character(there's a certain restrictions to this that you need to know about, mostly concerning installing custom kits and rule changes). You just have to install the IwD-in-BG2 first before the BWS, and then install all the kits and rule changes the same way to both of the games...(it can be a nightmare, I promise you).

I don't define cross-import ability as compatibility--by that definition BGT and Tutu are compatible, which is not true. It's also a very dangerous and easily misunderstood statement that will do nothing but cause players headaches.

You could use BWS to add some mods that change rules and add kits with some success, I'm sure. In general, the majority of mods presented by BWS are not going to work or maybe even break the install (BGT certainly would, which is one of the mods eden asked about). Unless BWS has added a custom detect and mod list for IWD-in-BG2, I'd stick to the existing list of compatible mods.

I started it, but really it's DavidW's baby nowadays. He's done the heavy lifting to get it working, and I nibble around the edges on it. It's probably not going to see much progress any time soon, as both David and I have seen our available modding time substantially reduced.

Just as long as it doesn't end up on the dead-mod pile. IWDEE is good (I know thanks to you), but I've found if my ISP is down so is the game. I like the idea of being able to play as long as my computer is running, whether on or off line.

...but I've found if my ISP is down so is the game. I like the idea of being able to play as long as my computer is running, whether on or off line.

The steam BGxEE's have a way to avoid that, it's to go on offline mode. And I assume the others have their own...

What's the state of IWD-in-BG2 currently? Can I do a full playthrough without any hassle? Any problem adding IR and RR? Other usable mods? :)

Well, no. It's still in beta testing.

You are welcome to try any of the mods you like, but if they fail at install due to errors, you can assume that the mod is not likely to be compatible.

Just as long as it doesn't end up on the dead-mod pile. IWDEE is good (I know thanks to you), but I've found if my ISP is down so is the game. I like the idea of being able to play as long as my computer is running, whether on or off line.

You shouldn't have any problem starting the EE games even if offline. Just use baldur.exe (or icewind.exe) to start them. At least it works fine for me.

What's the state of IWD-in-BG2 currently? Can I do a full playthrough without any hassle? Any problem adding IR and RR? Other usable mods? :)

Version 7 with the latest hot fix is fully playable, even though still in beta. IMO version 8 was a regression.

As for other mods, such as IR and RR, Cam or David would be better suited to answer that question.

Version 7 with the latest hot fix is fully playable, even though still in beta. IMO version 8 was a regression.

As for other mods, such as IR and RR, Cam or David would be better suited to answer that question.

Much obliged Grog! Have you made any run with mods, or clean IWDiBG2 only?

@Dakk - here's my WeiDU .log file for v7.12:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.12
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Game ends when the main character dies: v7.12
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Spawns are always at maximum difficulty: v7.12
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v7.12
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Make Heart of Winter accessible at any level: v7.12
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available: v7.12
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v7.12
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // BG2-style journal [work in progress]: v7.12
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 conversion, v1
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Alternate class for Korin -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // Alternate class for Nella -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // Alternate class for Teri -> Teri, multiclass thief/mage
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2295 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Normal Cleric Spell Table: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v9

As you can see it's not a "clean" install. Aside from Kulyok's IWD NPCs, I used only a few BG2 Tweaks components. I limited what I installed to support beta testing.

As for my name, I'm not Grog. He was around long before me, and I believe is the author of Auril's Bane. Someone some time ago asked me about that...

And here's mine weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System (the bigg) -> Rebalanced Proficiencies (CamDawg): v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // First level characters can put more than 2 stars in any one proficiency: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Install NPCs: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Remove NPC soundsets from list of PC choice options: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // IceTutuTweaks NPCs get basic interjections based on existing IWD content: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Game ends when the main character dies: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // NPCs respond to the main character, not to whichever character talks to them: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Make Heart of Winter accessible at any level: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available - WARNING: they will look very out of place: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v8.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // BG2-style journal [work in progress]: v8.0
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #600 // The High Baptist's Flock: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Minor Item Restorations: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Restored Random Drops: v7
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale NPCs: v4
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // Alternate class for Holvir, IWD-in-BG2 -> Holvir, cavalier: v4
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Alternate class for Korin, IWD-in-BG2 -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger: v4
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // Alternate class for Nella, IWD-in-BG2 -> Nella, berserker: v4
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // Alternate class for Severn, IWD-in-BG2 -> Severn, blade: v4
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // Alternate class for Teri, IWD-in-BG2 -> Teri, swashbuckler: v4
~IMPILATION/SETUP-IMPILATION.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Improved Rule System for BWP: v1.0 beta 2
~IMPILATION/SETUP-IMPILATION.TP2~ #0 #2 // The Imps store price rule and item stack amounts: v1.0 beta 2
~IMPILATION/SETUP-IMPILATION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Ranger-Clerics can use a bow and arrows: v1.0 beta 2
~IMPILATION/SETUP-IMPILATION.TP2~ #0 #8 // Arcane Spell Refreshment: v1.0 beta 2
~GRAY_DRAGON/SETUP-GRAY_DRAGON.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gray Dragon Kit, available for Human, Half Elf, Elf and Gnome fighters in BG2: v0.96
~MEGAMODKITS/MEGAMODKITS.TP2~ #0 #23 // Apprentice Kit, available for Human and Half-Elf Fighters: v1.01M
~IMPILATION/SETUP-IMPILATION.TP2~ #0 #9 // Divine Spell Refreshment: v1.0 beta 2
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v 3.06
// Recently Uninstalled: ~LSTEST/SETUP-LSTEST.TP2~ #0 #0 // Test general causes of slowdown from the game scripts

Archived