Report bugs and typos here.

Glam Vrock

For the record, I was able to fix the issue (at least for my game).

Opening GV#TARA.dlg in NearInfinity, I noticed that there was a warning "4: nested OR() triggers not allowed" for state trigger 4. (this is the trigger for the 'what is your business here?' dialogue).

immagine.png.215c02b2479034e0225dc4c203b41aa5.png

I thought this might get in the way of state trigger 5, which actually progress the quest, so I changed the code as follows:

Global("GV#TARAIntro","GLOBAL",3)
OR(2)
Global("GV#DAVEHasIdol","GLOBAL",0)
!PartyHasItem("MISC48")
!PartyHasItem("C0AUIM04")

This allowed the correct dialogue to trigger, and the quest to continue to its end. And I'm pretty glad it did, the ending it's simply great.

@Glam Vrock

Ran into another issue, this time with Flara's quest:

Spoiler

Sigurd and his friends are not showing up inside Sorcerous sundries. There is only GV#WINK.cre, still disguised as Winkelried, that tells me to talk to Sigurd. Checked a few variables:

-GV#FLARQuest is set to 4

-GV#FLARTalk is set to 13

-GV#SIGURDSpawn is set to 2

The journal entry 'The dragon trade' was added correctly. I should also point out that in my game Sigurd had some weird behaviour after the first talk, which happened in Beregost. After the dialogue 'see you in FAI in one day' he kept spawning offscreen and force talking me. Since I immediately went to the FAI and the next quest stage played well, I disregarded the thing. Since then, Sigurd is standing in Beregost doing nothing, I noticed this every time I went through the city.

I tried spawning Sigurd and the others with the console, and the quest played out normally. Which meant that a few seconds later they were all dead. Heh.

I'll let you know when I get to "Transitions."  I avoided the conflict with "Of Wolves and Men" by completing that before recruiting Dave.

Just because the Duke gives it to you doesn't mean you have to visit/use it (he's probably quite put out that Talonites are squatting on his property!),

Apologies for the late ding @Gwaihir But I think I've found something about what you comment here just a bit above after getting the same bug. Did you also install Aura after Glam's?

Looking up in the GV#TARA.d file, the conditions for this trigger are: Global("GV#TARAIntro","GLOBAL",3) OR (2) Global("GV#DAVEHasIdol","GLOBAL",0) !PartyHasItem("MISC48")

Just the way you correct it. But it lacks the "!PartyHasItem("C0AUIM04")". That item is the version of the Idol of Kohah that Aura can make for you. I suspect the origin of the issue lies in Aura's code; clearly it's trying to make Aura's idol a valid option to activate the trigger, but I can't find anything in its files indicating what if changes to the trigger it tries to make and how.

Edited by Connelly
4 hours ago, Connelly said:

Apologies for the late ding @Gwaihir But I think I've found something about what you comment here just a bit above after getting the same bug. Did you also install Aura after Glam's?

Hi! Thanks nevertheless for reaching out and providing additional info (though I'm afraid the mod author hasn't been around for a while). I indeed had Aura installed after Glam's NPC pack in my previuos EET game, had no idea that mod adds another version of the idol. (had that mod installed for 2 playthroughs, never spoke to Aura once 😧 so many mod npcs!)

Anyway, as far as I can understand, you not having the conditional !PartyHasItem("C0AUIM04") might just mean that Aura's current version doesn't add it. Maybe the author decided to handle the idol a bit differently. I still believe the real issue is that nested OR() trigger that Nearinfinity pointed out.. but I should stop saying stuff that I really don't know anything about, good luck for your run!

1 hour ago, Gwaihir said:

Hi! Thanks nevertheless for reaching out and providing additional info (though I'm afraid the mod author hasn't been around for a while). I indeed had Aura installed after Glam's NPC pack in my previuos EET game, had no idea that mod adds another version of the idol. (had that mod installed for 2 playthroughs, never spoke to Aura once 😧 so many mod npcs!)

Yeah, Aura has a system to tinkers with one useless/cursed item and turns it into something different. This means you loose the original item, so you can do it before finishing Dave's quest and screw yourself from completing it. I imagine Artemius wanted to make sure you can still finish it with his version of the idol, but something weird must have gone there.

That nested OR() is definitely a problem, but it must be coming from somewhere. Aura botching the trigger when adding its item is what I believe most likely, but again, I can't find anything to prove it. Might as well be a harmless quirk of Glam's code that only comes up in a situation like this. Contacting the authors would probably be the best, but seems Glam Vrock is MIA?.

8 minutes ago, Endarire said:

What's the proper install order on EET for Glam's and Aura then?

As things stand and if you're able/willing to implement yourself Gwaihir's fix, I'd say you should install Aura after Glam's, because that's the best way to get Dave's quest working, and it's a trivial thing to fix in NI. Otherwise, as in you're playing in Switch or Android, you might want to consider installing Glam's after Aura, and decide from the start if you want Aura's version of the idol or complete Dave's quest.

Even if technically both choices net you equivalent rewards, and I think you aren't supposed to get both, being able to complete the quest at least is clearly the best option.