Is a newer version than v8 in progress?

Installing ToBEx + Fixpack + BGT + 1PP + Widescreen takes about 15 minutes (to prep a game I will then sink 50-100 hours into) so no I don't give too much credit to EE on that score. Some credit, to be sure... just not much.

Yeah... but how long did it take for you to come to the conclusion that you should install those mods in that specific order, and let me remind that we were originally talking about BG2 Tweaks and SCS... :lalalaalaa: .. or the fact that people like it when it's easy, and 15 minutes can be a good waste, or a bad one, specifically when a nerd from a site then tells you that you did every possible mistake you could have made with a nice devil grin on it's face. :p

And finding those specific mods was not originally easy, was it ? Yeah, we try to make it easier, but there's only so much you can do... and there are still people that write well made article "instructions" that don't instruct but lead to odd install orders and a lot of headaches.

What about the Widescreen mod, BG2 Fixpack, 1PP ... .... .......... There's plenty of mods the EE made essentially unnecessary

Installing ToBEx + Fixpack + BGT + 1PP + Widescreen takes about 15 minutes (to prep a game I will then sink 50-100 hours into) so no I don't give too much credit to EE on that score. Some credit, to be sure... just not much.

Not everyone will use 1PP or Widescreen. Tbh, I actually like Infinity Animations more than 1PP (BG1 avatars are the best there is).

Since we're completely offtopic anyway, let me just say I'm glad you're not picking on gemrb yet. ;) While it's much more customizable than both, it's also not yet ready for as detailed scrutiny as the revisions subcommunity can provide. A day like that will come though.

On the topic of iwd: does anyone know if there are other spells besides vocalize that should be castable while silenced?

Since we're completely offtopic anyway, let me just say I'm glad you're not picking on gemrb yet. ;) While it's much more customizable than both, it's also not yet ready for as detailed scrutiny as the revisions subcommunity can provide. A day like that will come though.

This may be a fairly stupid question, but anyways - is it possible to run gemrb on PC?

Why of course, a better question would be where isn't it possible to run it. :) Caveat: since BD kidnapped Avenger, nobody develops on windows anymore, so we only have robots making those builds and their quality is unknown.

This discussion made me read the tobex docs and I noted some of the features that still need investigation or work for your liking. It's all on our wiki, but I'll open a separate thread on our subforum to ask about some details you may know.

Actually, on SCS installs I *think* the biggest advantage of BGEE is speed. I've only done limited testing but the EE engine seems to handle superlong SCS scripts quite a lot better than the vanilla one.

Yes.

I mean it's like this:

1) Installation time is exactly the same.

2) SCS scripts in the actual EE game/in-game are working faster and better that is true, there's practically no lag at all.

Archived