Sword Coast Stratagems v28 bugfix thread

Mad Mate

Got this error when trying to install.

ERROR: Failure("You are trying to edit avaricem.CRE, which does not exist in the game")

Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.

Any idea what the problem is?

Installing into Tutu

Sorry, for Tutu support you'll have to wait for DavidW to comeback.

In mean time, you could try fixing it yourself. Some of problems and solutions related to Tutu is in this post and few after it:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25893&page=4&do=findComment&comment=221339

I can't answer anything related to Tutu, cause I never used it and I don't know how it works.

Renaming files on my own could break something else.

EDIT: I think ljbo posted fix for your problem here:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25893&page=5&do=findComment&comment=226093

but, as I said before, I can't test it. :(

Just got this error installing into BG2:EE on my Mac:

ERROR: illegal 8-byte read from offset 119600 of 1540-byte file CMGMIR25.CRE
ERROR: [CMGMIR25.CRE] -> [override/CMGMIR25.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CMGMIR25.CRE: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 41 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 4240.
Uninstalled 41 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 4240.

If you can, I would suggest that you --change-log the file, as there's high likelihood that a previous mod ruined the files indexing system or the original file is corrupted... yes, the procedure is a bit different on a Mac.

If you can, I would suggest that you --change-log the file, as there's high likelihood that a previous mod ruined the files indexing system or the original file is corrupted... yes, the procedure is a bit different on a Mac.

Calling WeiDU from the Terminal (in the directory where WeiDU and the game are) with a ./ prefix and using that same argument should be enough... And by that I mean...
$ cd /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition/Game\ Data/00782/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/Resources
$ ./weidu --change-log cmgmir25.cre
Get WeiDU from here if you don't yet have it.

Thanks for the easy way to do this!

Mods affecting CMGMIR25.CRE:

00000: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v16 00001: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v28 00002: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v28

Got a bigger problem, though, as the Unseeing Eye quest won't start past the very first journal entry (never met anyone who would start the quest) and I'm getting a CTD when entering the slums at night while trying to complete Korgan's quest and collect the ransom for Lady Elegea. I doubt that these are related to SCS, but rather to some of the other mods that I've got installed. Happy to take suggestions on how to identify the problems before I nuke my current installation, though.

00000: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v16 00001: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v28 00002: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v28

I just checked, and CMGMIR25.CRE is mod added creature from Vampire Tales mod. Many things could be happening here: faulty cre, incompatibility between mods or something else, but may I suggest that you install any tweak mod (BG2 Tweaks included) after SCS.

I just checked, and CMGMIR25.CRE is mod added creature from Vampire Tales mod. Many things could be happening here: faulty cre, incompatibility between mods or something else, but may I suggest that you install any tweak mod (BG2 Tweaks included) after SCS.

I would suggest an exception to the rule changes and Convenience Tweaks -components, cause the SCS reads the same .2da tables.

Jarno,

I'm not sure what you mean. Install the rules changes and convenience tweaks before SCS and the rest of it afterwards?

While the vampire thief from Vampire Tales is an intriguing option for my evil party, I think that a F/M/T protagonist is a better option and so I'll be deleting it in the next installation. Not least because I had to control-Y my way out of a random encounter with 3 ancient and 3 fledgling vampire while still only 9th level. While I'm not entirely certain that that was from Vampire Tales, it was ludicrously out of line for a party not long out of Irenicus' dungeon and I don't need the aggravation as I'm still trying to figure out tactics for SCS encounters. The prevalence of invisibility potions in the mod places a real premium on true seeing and other methods of exposing the damn invisible attackers which is taking some real getting used to. So much so that I think that my protagonist is going to need to prioritize his detect invisibility ability over the two stealthy abilities.

I'm not sure what you mean. Install the rules changes and convenience tweaks before SCS and the rest of it afterwards?

Yes, this way the SCS will use the same tables the player uses... so the enemy mages get the same spell distributions as the player, the enemy fighter will get their the same Thac0 table to use and so forth... in the way that the enemy's stats are coded in SCS.

I am in the process of implementing most of this for v29 (hopefully out in the next week, but we'll see.) Many thanks for the exceptionally thorough - and well-documented - job done by Mad Mate, Kreso and others.

A few notes on the fixpack so far (most stuff has no notes, as it's clearly right and I've just implemented it):

- the error in undead_paranoia is that gatem should be basum, not gatep. (It's an incomplete set of changes, not a typo.)

- I haven't fully implemented Kreso's detectable-items changes as I prefer my AI to be slightly less omniscient. (This is as always a judgement call). In general I'll risk the AI not being able to detect petrification since it's reasonably unlikely that an enemy will sequentially use multiple flesh-to-stone effects on the same target.

- I'm leaving SR v4 detection in place, as this was the agreed (between me and Demivrgvs) way by which I was supposed to detect SRv4. As I recall, SR's current beta isn't conforming to that agreement, but I think that's something to sort out on the SR side.

- I haven't fully implemented Kreso's detectable-items changes as I prefer my AI to be slightly less omniscient. (This is as always a judgement call). In general I'll risk the AI not being able to detect petrification since it's reasonably unlikely that an enemy will sequentially use multiple flesh-to-stone effects on the same target.

- I'm leaving SR v4 detection in place, as this was the agreed (between me and Demivrgvs) way by which I was supposed to detect SRv4. As I recall, SR's current beta isn't conforming to that agreement, but I think that's something to sort out on the SR side.

About omniscience - one thing I'd really love to see implemented is Berserker/Barbarian Rage detection. While AI detecting if a full-plated guy is an Inquisitor or has Chaotic Commands on himself so he is a non-valid charm target is debatable indeed, seeing a raging berserker is farily straight-forward thing to detect (even the description of the ability hints that the change in character appearance is obvious "red eyes, muscles get big etc." )

I'm fairly sure this can be made, iirc aTweaks already does that.

About SRv4, yes, I think you can leave it as it is. The only thing that doesn't work properly without modifications is Spell Shield, but removing the .mrk file from SRv4 makes SCS fix the spell again (afaik Ardanis should implement the Spell Shield fix within SR itself).

I am in the process of implementing most of this for v29 (hopefully out in the next week, but we'll see.) Many thanks for the exceptionally thorough - and well-documented - job done by Mad Mate, Kreso and others.

Great! You're welcome, it was my pleasure!

Other than what kreso said (Spell Shield not yet in SR4), main reason that I commented-out SR4-check is that in ardanis_spell_shield.tph there is call for beholder_pnp_antimagic (only there), which is needed for I. Beholders.

If not installed, beholders would be missing some spells.

And there are some problems with Tutu installation. I didn't change anything there, as I'm not familiar with Tutu naming, and didn't want to break anything.

Archived