Sword Coast Stratagems v28 bugfix thread

Mad Mate

If anyone happens to have handy a copy of a late version of SCS-II, could they email it to me at david dot wallace at philosophy dot ox dot ac dot uk - and then post that they've done so, so I don't get lots of them? (I have backup copies, but not with me right now).

If anyone happens to have handy a copy of a late version of SCS-II, could they email it to me at david dot wallace at philosophy dot ox dot ac dot uk - and then post that they've done so, so I don't get lots of them? (I have backup copies, but not with me right now).

You can download them all from here:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=914

On the right side there are previous versions all the way to v19, if that is what you want

Thanks for your work Made Mate, I appreciate it but I have one small suggestion. I think you should add installation instructions to the first post to inform people that they need to apply the patch before installing SCS. I had assumed I would be able to patch it afterwards as usual, but now I realize I'll have to reinstall (and SCS takes a very long time to do that).

Is it safe to use the weidu uninstaller for this and then reinstall all of SCS? Or should I just do a complete reinstall of all mods.

No crash. Just installed SCS v28 with Mad Mate's fixes on BG2:EE 1.3 for OSX and (besides the oddities noted in this post) nothing else went bad (the Lizardmen's weapons aren't visible but at least the game doesn't crash).

Also, all components check for dw#setup.mrk in /override/, while if you use the .ini options "Put_Labels_In_Workspace 1" the .mrk files go to /stratagems_external/workspace/, and causes all the other components to fail to install.

Another oddity...

Install Component [Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls] [v28]

Copying and patching 1 file ...

Appending to files ...

[stratagems_external/workspace/SFO_warnings.txt] loaded, 497 bytes

stratagems_external/workspace/SFO_warnings.txt copied to stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/2160/SFO_warnings.txt, 497 bytes

Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/SFO_warnings.txt]

Copied [.../stratagems-inline/blank] to [stratagems_external/workspace/dw#extra_scrolls.mrk]

Including and running function(s) bonus_spell_scrolls

[stratagems/spell/bonus_spell_scrolls.tpa] loaded, 1109 bytes

Copied [stratagems/spell/bonus_spell_scrolls.tpa] to [stratagems_external/workspace/bonus_spell_scrolls.tpa]

Scroll %WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC_SCROLL% doesn't actually seem to exist

[stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 536 bytes

Appending to files ...

[stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 536 bytes

Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt]

Patching WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC_SCROLL.ITM into store...

Copied [trmer04.sto] to [override/trmer04.sto]

Patching SCRL1J.ITM into store...

Copied [ribald.sto] to [override/ribald.sto]

[./override/trmer04.sto] loaded, 1912 bytes

Patching SCRL8X.ITM into store...

Patching SCRL8B.ITM into store...

Copied [scrolls.sto] to [override/scrolls.sto]

[./override/ribald.sto] loaded, 4348 bytes

Patching SCRL8C.ITM into store...

[./override/trmer04.sto] loaded, 1940 bytes

Patching SCRL8R.ITM into store...

[./override/trmer04.sto] loaded, 1968 bytes

Patching SCRL8V.ITM into store...

[./override/trmer04.sto] loaded, 1996 bytes

Patching SCRLB1.ITM into store...

[./override/trmer04.sto] loaded, 2024 bytes

Patching SCRLB2.ITM into store...

[./override/trmer04.sto] loaded, 2052 bytes

Patching SCRL8G.ITM into store...

[./override/ribald.sto] loaded, 4376 bytes

Patching SCRL9A.ITM into store...

Improved Fiends with 50% more HP gave these error messages (besides failing to compile a script also because of missing animations):

Component with label:dw#setup

Component with label:dw#pro_NM

Component with label:dw#spellstrikevsPM

Component with label:dw#breach

Component with label:dw#ironskin

Component with label:dw#spellimm

Component with label:dw#blades

Component with label:dw#skulltrap

Component with label:dw#PWblind

Component with label:dw#meteor

Component with label:dw#nerfinquisitor_1-5

Component with label:dw#insectplague

Component with label:dw#mantle

Component with label:dw#sequencer_universal

Component with label:dw#extra_scrolls

Scroll %WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC_SCROLL% doesn't actually seem to exist

Component with label:dw#truesight_blindness

Component with label:dw#fine_arrows

Component with label:dw#fine_weapons_bg2

Component with label:dw#dispel_arrows2

Component with label:dw#magistaff

Component with label:dw#carsomyr

Component with label:dw#fastbears

Component with label:dw#web_large

Component with label:dw#repslow

Component with label:dw#licenseextension

Component with label:dw#licensecost

Component with label:dw#spellholdcost

Component with label:dw#maze

Component with label:dw#mazenum2.mrk

Component with label:dw#nochimp

Component with label:dw#noammo

Component with label:dw#balduran

Component with label:dw#vhailor

Component with label:dw#mirror

Component with label:dw#vecna

Component with label:dw#bonus

Component with label:dw#moveboo

Component with label:dw#AIsetup

Component with label:dw#genai

C6WULF has ranged but not melee weapon

C6WULF2 has ranged but not melee weapon

DOPTHI01 has ranged but not melee weapon

HABIB has ranged but not melee weapon

HABIB2 has ranged but not melee weapon

JAGA1 has ranged but not melee weapon

JELLGR has ranged but not melee weapon

KINDAI has ranged but not melee weapon

LISSA has ranged but not melee weapon

MAJAN has ranged but not melee weapon

MGAPPR01 has ranged but not melee weapon

MGAPPR02 has ranged but not melee weapon

MGAPPR03 has ranged but not melee weapon

OHHSPID1 has ranged but not melee weapon

Failed to insert script dw#gphlp above gpmerc in file OHRSGUA1

QUAYLE has ranged but not melee weapon

SCHLUM has ranged but not melee weapon

SLIFIS01 has ranged but not melee weapon

SLIFIS02 has ranged but not melee weapon

THRAXI has ranged but not melee weapon

VAELAG has ranged but not melee weapon

WULFGAR has ranged but not melee weapon

Component with label:dw#help

Component with label:dw#hla

Component with label:dw#mage

Component with label:dw#mage_1

Component with label:dw#priest

Component with label:dw#priest_1

Component with label:dw#potion

Component with label:dw#spider

Component with label:dw#golem

Component with label:dw#fiend

Component with label:dw#fiend_hp

Component with label:dw#fiend_innate

Failed to patch demglab2.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch demglasu.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch demosum3.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch dglab01.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch gortan4.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch jondem01.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch jondem03.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch jondem05.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch melsum01.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch teltan1.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch teltan2.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_GLAB")

Failed to patch demosum1.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_MERILITH")

Failed to patch melsum05.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_MERILITH")

Failed to patch gorwom03.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_MERILITH")

Failed to patch dbonef01.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_SKELETONB")

Failed to patch gorbat5.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_SKELETONB")

Failed to patch demcor01.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_CORNUGONSKI")

Failed to patch gorbat3.CRE; error message was Failure("Tried to set nonexistent ANIMATE entry IC_CORNUGONSKI")

Warning: you just tried to remove quotes from an empty string. Deliberate?

No crash. Just installed SCS v28 with Mad Mate's fixes on BG2:EE 1.3 for OSX and (besides the oddities noted in this post) nothing else went bad (the Lizardmen's weapons aren't visible but at least the game doesn't crash).

Great.

Also, all components check for dw#setup.mrk in /override/, while if you use the .ini options "Put_Labels_In_Workspace 1" the .mrk files go to /stratagems_external/workspace/, and causes all the other components to fail to install.

Don't set that option, then. (From the readme: Don't change anything not listed; these are work-in-progress and/or part of the testing framework.)

Another oddity...

Improved Fiends with 50% more HP gave these error messages (besides failing to compile a script also because of missing animations

Both reproduced and fixed locally, thanks. (They're both due to changes in nomenclature between vanilla BG2 and BG2EE - possibly since 1.3.)

Mad Mate's fixes remove the crash by not biffing the files. Did you manually edit abazigal_enclave.tpa to restore the biffing of those files (line 32)? Because, yeah, with Mad Mate's fixes I don't crash either, that was the point. You'll either need to manually edit the file or just install the vanilla unpatched SCS v28 to determine if you're actually having the biffing problem.

From "bugs not fixed":

CrevsDaak

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25893&page=13&do=findComment&comment=228279

There's a bug on stratagems/item/elemental_arrows.tpa, the elemental arrows aren't toned down correctly for BG:EE installs (and their description isn't correctly updated). I don't know how to fix it with SFO but providing a simple WeiDU fix wouldn't be too difficult (the part of the code to update the Enchantment (4-bytes long int at 0x60) and bonus damage (on the extended ability header of the .itm) simply don't exist).

I can't reproduce this; it works fine on my install.

Hi DavidW,

The issue is there for me too. In BGEE, the elemental arrows have THAC0 and damage bonuses, in addition to the extra elemental damage. SCS is only toning down the elemental damage, not the THAC0 and damage bonuses.

An example: the Fire Arrow (AROW08) has +2 bonuses to THAC0 and damage and +1d6 fire damage in BGEE. In BG2 AROW08 has no THAC0 or damage bonuses and +1d2 fire damage. SCS on BGEE only reduces the elemental damage to +1d2, leaving the +2 THAC0 and damage bonuses. However, SCS rewrites the description of AROW08 to be consistent with the BG2 version of AROW08 (i.e., no THAC0 or damage bonuses):

The Arrow of Fire is a magical arrow that will burst into flames as it is fired at an enemy.  The effect is similar to an arrow doused in oil and set aflame.

STATISTICS:

Damage:  1D6
Damage type:  missile (piercing)
Special:  1D2 fire damage (save vs. spell for none)
Weight: 0
Launcher:  Bow 

I assume the intention is that SCS should also remove the THAC0 and damage bonuses of the elemental arrows (consistent with the revised description).

Also, SCS doesn't edit the item names of the elemental arrows. Again assuming you meant to remove its THAC0 and damage bonuses, AROW08 should be changed from "Fire Arrow +2" to "Fire Arrow" in BGEE.

EDIT: PS - A suggestion. Edit AROWKC in addition to AROW08. That way the kobold commandos don't get better fire arrows to use (and are undroppable) than are given out as loot for killing them. That way, they are "playing fair".

I'm afraid knowing that someone else sees the same problem doesn't itself help me, since I don't get the problem on my install. I need a precise reproduction case. If you get the problem on a clean install, let me know and post your WEIDU.log. (& if you don't get the problem on a clean install, but do get it with some mods, post your log anyway and maybe I can work out where the issue arises.)

Mad Mate's fixes remove the crash by not biffing the files. Did you manually edit abazigal_enclave.tpa to restore the biffing of those files (line 32)? Because, yeah, with Mad Mate's fixes I don't crash either, that was the point. You'll either need to manually edit the file or just install the vanilla unpatched SCS v28 to determine if you're actually having the biffing problem.

Yep. Now I got the crash. From the error log I've got from the game I can assure it's not a WeiDU bug—it's just the game that is bugged (and, unless the BG2:EE devs fix this it'll remain, and probably for all new animations).

I'm afraid knowing that someone else sees the same problem doesn't itself help me, since I don't get the problem on my install. I need a precise reproduction case. If you get the problem on a clean install, let me know and post your WEIDU.log. (& if you don't get the problem on a clean install, but do get it with some mods, post your log anyway and maybe I can work out where the issue arises.)

Try with BG1NPC Project (especially with AstroBryGuy's latest release). Now I recall I had that one installed (sorry I didn't said so early, I didn't remember back then--still, you're free to curse my memory if you want :p).

Yep. Now I got the crash. From the error log I've got from the game I can assure it's not a WeiDU bug—it's just the game that is bugged (and, unless the BG2:EE devs fix this it'll remain, and probably for all new animations).

OK, that's fairly decisive. I'll carry on not biffing on OSX installs.

OK, can do! I created a fresh clean install (it can be handy to keep a zip file of the vanilla download!), and yes I still see the issue. The SCS-modified version of AROW08.itm still has the +2 THAC0 and damage bonuses from the vanilla version of AROW08, but the revised item description does not indicate any THAC0 or damage bonuses.

The WeiDU.log is below. I've attached a link to a zip file with my WeiDU.log, SETUP-STATRATGEMS.DEBUG, and vanilla and SCS-modified versions of AROW08.itm, so you can see what was (and wasn't) modified by SCS.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/AROW08-SCS.zip

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Replace BG1-style elemental arrows with BG2 versions: v28
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Replace +1 arrows with nonmagical "fine" ones: v28

Component 3100 splits the healing and resurrection powers of the rod of resurrection into two separate abilities. Currently, the rod disappears when either feature runs out of charges, regardless of how many charges remain for the other ability. Is this intentional, or should the wand remain until you use up both sets of charges (like a wand of spellstriking)?

Archived