IWDEE: New opcodes

Maybe in the new patch. You don't have strref 99389, i guess?

Nice to hear it. BG2:EE patch 1.3 indeed has string 99389 with "Unaffected by effects from <RESOURCE>" but the engine directs this opcode to string 26818 - default one used in IWD:EE.

You could "fake it" by applying 326 first (using another .spl with a single instance of 139) and then 318 (the no message variant).

thanks, I will try it out.

Edited by K4thos
On 10/30/2014 at 2:19 PM, CamDawg said:

Spell Effect: Seven Eyes [335]

Parameter 1: State
Parameter 2: Type

Description:
This effect sets the spellstate defined under 'State', increases the seven eyes stat and grants the special ability named in the resource field.
'Type' selects the blocked spell or effect, the blocking criteria are listed in 7eyes.2da thus works like a very selective spell trap.
The special field may be used to define separate eye groups (it will remove 336 opcodes of the same type).

I don't understand what goes into parameter2.  Is "type" meant to be the row number in 7eyes.2da?

7eyes.2da has its field for spellstate... I assume they need to match?

Yes, the next time the specified row from 7eyes.2da is triggered, the effect will terminate, removing the spell it granted (if any), and decrementing 'parameter1' of any opcode 336 effects whose 'parameter2' matches the 'special' field of the opcode 335 effect.

The spellstate in 7eyes.2da and opcode 335 don't have to match, but for most purposes you will want them to match.

I was thinking for a Missile Snaring ability, if the number of columns is arbitrarily extensible, you could have it block every arrow/bolt/bullet/dart item RES in the game.  But, that might be annoying to set up and finicky in practice.  I probably won't bother.

That's annoying about .EFFs.

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

I was thinking for a Missile Snaring ability, if the number of columns is arbitrarily extensible, you could have it block every arrow/bolt/bullet/dart item RES in the game.  But, that might be annoying to set up and finicky in practice.  I probably won't bother.

It would be far simpler to just trigger it on missile damage.