New v8 Beta Version of The Divine Remix Available

CamDawg

That shouldn't matter:

subtledoctor can fork Ardanis repo, clone it locally to his MAC, delete all files (commit "cleanup"), put all files from this file http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=706 into repository (commit "version 8 BETA"), implement his fixes, Big world Fixpack fixes and you new one and finally push it. Later he can transfer repository to https://github.com/CamDawg or https://github.com/Gibberlings3/.

What matters is that it doesn't involve all additional work to create "gibberlings3" release and we can have fixed version instantly, not after x months. Now, since there is someone who can fix mod directly, I'm not gonna put 2x more time into creating patches for Big world Fixapck only to remove them two days after.

Make it happen :beer:

Please don't do that. It violates the policy we have in place for hosting G3 mods on GitHub and it would also be a mess to sort out later. Ardanis' repo started at v7 and its commits were planned for a v8 that was never finished; CamDawg's v8 is something completely different.

Please don't do that.

In case you missed the fact... ALIENQuake asks you & subtledoctor to do things to allow this to happen(aka bring the Divine Remix to GitHub's Gibberlings3 pages), not that he would do a thing. So are you asking him not to ask you to do this ?

Don't worry, I won't do anything that isn't explicitly blessed. Or, if I do (as I have with SCS) then I will happily undo it immediately.

(My SCS version is hosted on Dropbox, where it is super easy to eliminate the download link. GitHub is much more... indelible. So I would be much, much more cautious about posting anything there without extremely explicit permission. See my fork of Refinements, as an example.)

DRV8 on BGEE &SoD v2.3.

I only have oozemaster added, no new spells or sphere system.

Everything works great on the kit except his immunity to acid can be dispelled by friend and foe alike, it never returns. Immunity to poison is not affected.

any ideas?

DRV8 on BGEE &SoD v2.3.

I only have oozemaster added, no new spells or sphere system.

Everything works great on the kit except his immunity to acid can be dispelled by friend and foe alike, it never returns. Immunity to poison is not affected.

any ideas?

Bump

I think what I'll try to do, is to include a bunch of hotfixes for DR in Faiths & Powers. "Abandoned" or not, this mod has a bunch of great stuff and I'd rather make sure people can use DR and FnP together, rather than remake stuff that is already here.

That said, are the current DR bugs (like dispellable Oozemaster immunity) collected somewhere? I'll look through the forums and see what I can find, but if anyone is experiencing any right now that need addressing, maybe re-post them, or PM them to me.

In fact I'll post one myself, which cannot be addressed by a hotfix:

The component "Install New Spells," with two subcomponents, can be buggy on the EEs. When I used the "don't overwrite" subcomponent it caused me problems with later mods. Maybe one of the G3 folks can gate that away for EE 2.0 games...

Okay, here is a little hotfix mod for DRv8b which fixes most or all of the bugs I've seen reported about the DRv8 kits:

1) Problems in the Ogma, Cyric, Red Knight, Corellon and others' clab tables;

2) One of the Oozemaster's immunities being dispellable

3) the Nightcloak of Shar's Darkbolt ability being messed up.

This does not touch the code for the sphere system, because just understanding it would be a whole huge project.

TO USE THIS:

Simply install it like any other mod, immediately after installing DRv8. If you use BWS, I think you can 'pause' the BWS installer to do this.

Cheers.

Edited by subtledoctor

Does anyone know how the Forest Runner's inspire ability is suppose to work? I imagined there would be a button to push, but I don't see one and never got an error message when installing. I tried it with and without the sphere system. Broken code perhaps? I'm also fairly sure the +5% stealth wasn't adding either.

I think what I'll try to do, is to include a bunch of hotfixes for DR in Faiths & Powers. "Abandoned" or not, this mod has a bunch of great stuff and I'd rather make sure people can use DR and FnP together, rather than remake stuff that is already here.

That said, are the current DR bugs (like dispellable Oozemaster immunity) collected somewhere? I'll look through the forums and see what I can find, but if anyone is experiencing any right now that need addressing, maybe re-post them, or PM them to me.

In fact I'll post one myself, which cannot be addressed by a hotfix:

The component "Install New Spells," with two subcomponents, can be buggy on the EEs. When I used the "don't overwrite" subcomponent it caused me problems with later mods. Maybe one of the G3 folks can gate that away for EE 2.0 games...

Another two to add, after the hotfix. Feralan's feral rage adds the +15hp as it should but when it ends, another 15hp is removed in addition. Essentially a 30hp drop total at the end of rage instead of just 15.

Priest of Kossuth does not receive Sunfire at 1st lvl.

There is a now official GitHub repository for this mod. I was able to do: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/Divine_Remix/pull/1

add .gitattributes
add .gitignore
merge fixes from Fixpack
cosmetic fix from Raduziel
remove unnecessary 'setup-'
removed outdated handle_charsets.tpa
use forum instead of email

but there are some other fixes which I was't sure how to implement:

Angel fixes to some items and spells ( tp2 changes are already included) - http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26860&p=242857 - can I just replace files from him?

subtledoctor weidu mod fix - http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26824&page=4&do=findComment&comment=254710 - this one needs to be recreated as direct changes to mod files

anything I might miss?

Edited by ALIENQuake

Phew, been ages since I wrote that fix. I remember there was a variable scope issue (one function trying to use a variable that is set in another), but I can't recall the details, sorry. Best to do a diff on the tp2 and tph file and see what the differences are.

The cdshar2.itm and cdshar2.spl files should be safe to replace. I edited them with DLTCEP and tested them in BGT, I know they work correctly. That was a fix for the infinite dark bolts as I recall.