Installation issue

Guest Tyrion77

Guest Tyrion77

little iritant while trying to install this very neat sounding add-on. Anyway, i installed tutu and the fixpack ran the exe to make it all go. Then tried to install this. All i'm getting for the main part of the mod (as in.. the banter) is

error installing yadda yadda rolling back to previous version

will uninstal ect..

unistalled ect..

ERROR : Failure ("resource [FW2300.are] not found for 'COPY' ")

PLEASE email yadda yadda.

anyway. i've downloaded it a few times with no joy. So, can anyone give me a little pointer. Or show me the embraresing and incredibly stupid way i've gone wrong so i can blush, fix it and never darken your monitors again.

No need to feel bad - what the error tells you is that a certain area file is missing from your TUTU install. The first thing I would like you to do is to try is this - check your override folder and see if file FW2300.ARE is in it. If it is not, then:

Please reffer to this thread:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17613.0

What it does it lists all the files that have to be on your hard drive after install of BG1. The software sometimes 'misses' the files if a disk is damaged, and sometimes you can 'fix' it by manually copying missing files to Hard drive.

ahhhh, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Though knowing my luck it'll be on fire. Anyway thanks i thought it might be something like that. Just to help me out. which disks should i go through? The BG2 or the BG ones?

What you need to check is the Override Folder on your Hard Drive in your BG2 directory (ie something like C/ProgramFiles/BG2-SoA/Override). It will be full of files starting with FW. See if FW2300.ARE is there.

Guest Tyrion77

Yeah, i did that. It's not in there so i'm going to try the old grab it off a disk and shove it in. But because of all this..well.. wierdness to do with tutu i've no idea which set of disks to look in. Eh, i'll just go through the lot. Thanks for the help.

WAIT! If it is not there, it means it was not converted - ie it was not copied before you run TUTU. What you need to do now is to:

- unconvert your install (run TUTU uninstall.exe

- force all of the content from BG1 CD's to your hard drive (it is BG1 content that is missing)

- rerun TUTU installer.

Sorry if I am overcoaching you, I just do not want you to have an offputting experience with mods. :)

Archived