Unearthed Arcana presents Scales of Balance: a post-hac tweak pack

29 minutes ago, Quester said:

So if I install the new Expanded Combat Skills System, I should not install the Feats component of Might & Guile? Is that accurate? Sorry, I haven't entirely kept up with the recent developments.

Anything else to keep in mind?

Yes, this is basically a replacement version of MnG’s feats. Had to be moved here solely for install order reasons. 

Probably don’t mix this with other mods that change the proficiency system, like a couple CDTweaks components or Skills and Abilities. 

I did keep totally clear of weapon styles, so you can leave them vanilla, or use this mod’s, or Skills & Abilities, or some other version. 

I like the Expanded Combat Skills system, but is it compatible with the ability for multiclassed Clerics & Druids to get the normal multiclassed proficiencies via mods?

Also, regarding dialog vs. UI for feats, etc., I preferred the UI overhaul because it seemed more graphically appealing and more professional looking.

22 minutes ago, Endarire said:

regarding dialog vs. UI for feats, etc., I preferred the UI

Try using it on IWDEE...

Anyway MnG's feats component is still there, feel free to use it. Options are good.

22 minutes ago, Endarire said:

but is it compatible with the ability for multiclassed Clerics & Druids to get the normal multiclassed proficiencies via mods

I don't know what you are referring to.

Unfortunately, it seems like the INI doesn't quite work all the time for YARAS in the latest pre-release. And I have absolutely no reason why. I installed it once, everything was default. I tried it again, it worked. I didn't change anything, I just double checked that I was using the right INI. I didn't wanna just say it didn't work, so I did a second install. Then I ended up wanting to add on a mod to my setup and did another install and it was all default again. I am positive I used the edited INI this third time, I checked twice before I started because it takes me ages to run my install.

The weidu log for the component install on each one was identical too.

8 hours ago, Midnight Voyager said:

Unfortunately, it seems like the INI doesn't quite work all the time for YARAS in the latest pre-release

I mean, the code is fairly unambiguous:

ACTION_IF !(FILE_EXISTS ~override/YARAS.ini~) BEGIN
  COPY ~scales_of_balance/ini/YARAS_default.ini~ ~override/YARAS.ini~
END

That doesn't really lend itself to working some times but not other times. Either /override/YARAS.ini exists, or it doesn't. It's possible that in the course of installing and uninstalling mods so many times, a version of the file with default values got into your override folder and therefore the mod used that one. What I suggest is one of two things:

1. Edit the default file in the mod folder itself, so that the mod thinks your version is the default. Or,
  2. Edit a a copy of the settings file and name your cope "YARAS.ini" and put that in your override folder before installing any mods - just leave it in the override folder. This way the default values will never overwrite your personal version.
55 minutes ago, Midnight Voyager said:

Oh, it's not d5_YARAS? I think I figured it out then

Huh, that may have changed between v5 and v6. Let me make sure I don't have a mismatch in the code there.

EDIT - yeah, for this file you should omit the "d5_" from the filename. I don't remember why the change... I guess it's a bit simpler; anyone can look at the file "YARAS.ini" and easily see that it likely involves configuration settings for the YARAS component.

39 minutes ago, Quester said:

Am I right to understand that component 122 is more or less included in component 123? So they should not be installed together?

They are alternative proficiency overhauls. You should not - cannot! - install them together. They re exclusive SUBCOMPONENTs of the same component installer should ask you something like,

Install Component [WPO - Weapon Proficiency Overhaul]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
 1] Streamlined Proficiency System      //  <-- this is #122, the old one
 2] NEW: Expanded Combat Skills System  //  <-- this is #123, the new one

You have to choose one or the other (or neither).

Edited by subtledoctor
6 minutes ago, Quester said:

In the readme I think you mean

Yup, good catch thanks!

7 minutes ago, Quester said:

And component 170, Spell Evasion? That's also mutually exclusive with 123?

Yes. There too, it won't let you install #170 if #123 is already there. This is not really something you are supposed to have to worry about - the mod enforces the exclusion on its own, it won't even show you component #170.