Unearthed Arcana presents Scales of Balance: a post-hac tweak pack

Yeah, but since I set up an install sequence to install large chunks of my total modlist at a time through PI, I generally only see mod components as they are displayed in the left PI panel. So everything is visible. Of course, luckily the actual installation may still prevent incompatible components from being installed together.

Anyway. This is off topic, but with how many different mods you are the main custodian of, have you considered setting up a Discord channel for them? I'm thinking it might be a good place to gather feedback in a more direct fashion, to complement the forum. As well as discuss ideas and make suggestions.

I know the Artisan has one for his mods, plus there is the general G3 Discord, where a lot of modders hang out and exchange knowledge. Haven't seen you there, that's why I ask.

9 hours ago, Midnight Voyager said:

Okay, been playing for a while, and I have noticed something with the component that adds skills: The power that disables warrior stances duplicates. A lot. For no apparent reason. My main character has 15 of it right now. The last time I checked was like four area transitions ago and it was 13.

It's harmless, just odd!

You mean the one that looks like this?

168092534_ScreenShot2022-10-21at9_25_57AM.png.f5181d4e47fff32dd22a7354db2537f1.png

EDIT - lol, I see it, it's a minor thing. But you probably don't want  that going above 128. You can apply this hotfix to make it go away.

Edited by subtledoctor

10 minutes ago, Midnight Voyager said:

Thanks, that fixed it right up. Haven't found any other problems while I've been playing!

Excellent.

Are you finding the "balance" to be okay? Are you getting enough proficiency points to get some interesting stuff, without starving your actual weapon proficiencies?

Edited by subtledoctor
17 minutes ago, Midnight Voyager said:

The only thing I miss is those rogue skill boosts you could get in Might and Guile

Interesting - those always felt underwhelming to me, I assumed nobody used them. (I never did.) I can probably add those to the ‘Misc Rogue Skills’ category without too much trouble…

Here are some typos in the readme for the new overhaul:

"This component is an alternative to component #121 the older revised Proficiencies." -> #122

impovable -> improvable 

armoor -> armor

Missil Snaring -> Missile Snaring

Fighting Dirty: for -> force

once pr day -> once per day

Finding typos and inconsistencies is basically the only thing I can contribute with, not having any skills in coding. It's my small way of helping to polish the mods that I use and love.

I have done some minor testing of the new combat skills system, and it seems great. Can't wait to use it on my upcoming playthrough.

Some minor stuff:

The description of the scimitar proficiency mentions katanas and other exotic swords, even though in this system those have their own proficiency.

The clubs/maces proficiency doesn't explicitly mention morningstars being included, but I'm guessing they are?

Or are they included with flails? Not mentioned there either.

Unflagging Determination is called just Determination in the character creation screen. Not that it matters, just a very minor inconsistency.

Precise Strike: the description needs a subject.

The various Parry skills all mention "base (missile) damage" instead of their own type of damage.

Question about the Quickstride ability: should it be possible to choose this for those classes that already move faster by default (monk, barbarian...)?

The selection of miscellaneous skills available for mages to choose from is very limited. I know that's intentional, and that this system isn't primarily for them, but even so I hope in the future there will be a couple more things in there to choose from.