Unearthed Arcana presents Scales of Balance: a post-hac tweak pack

This mod or atleast the weapon proficiency components. SCS is prepared for the default proficiency system and while Scales's prof revamp can work with and redistribute the corrected SCS proficiency pips, Scales's own prof system would lead to SCS redistributing the Scales pips to the vanilla system, breaking assumptions all over the place. This same rules apply to Tweaks's and Skills and Ablities' own components as well afterall, there's nothing new there.

Edited by Graion Dilach
1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

then I'm done.

A doctor's work is never done!

So, with the Stat Bonus Overhaul, a fighter with 15 INT should get +2 extra proficiencies at lvl 1, correct? Even with the new proficiency system? I just tried creating one, and he only got 1 use of 'advance proficiencies'. Latest version.

Very nice that you managed to add a bunch of mod armors to YARAS, btw!

1 hour ago, Graion Dilach said:

If you update the d5_YARAS.ini to include a list of armors, atleast mention it in the documentation that the older customized INI versions need the list along.

Well the version of the mod with this is still in pre-release state so I don’t want to confuse things… 

On 10/31/2022 at 12:34 PM, Graion Dilach said:

This mod or atleast the weapon proficiency components. SCS is prepared for the default proficiency system and while Scales's prof revamp can work with and redistribute the corrected SCS proficiency pips, Scales's own prof system would lead to SCS redistributing the Scales pips to the vanilla system, breaking assumptions all over the place. This same rules apply to Tweaks's and Skills and Ablities' own components as well afterall, there's nothing new there.

I don’t think this is true. I think SCS can handle altered proficiency setups. But in any event I have taken to installing this after SCS anyway. Some of the later components change XP values and MR stats for all creatures and do should be installed after any mod that adds creatures, including SCS and aTweaks. 

16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I think SCS can handle altered proficiency setups.

SCS will reassign the proficiency points from Attack Speed/Hurling Weapons and the like to the actual weapons. I'm also not sure if it would pick up that Grandmastery pips are wasted either (but that would need a test).

It would still aim towards the correct weapons which is at the character, correct on that one.

1. YARAS armour DR is type 1 flat instead of type 0 cumulative. Presumably an oversight? Definitely doesn't work with characters with intrinsic DR like Haer'Dalis.
  2. YARAS treats the unfinished human flesh as a +5.
3 hours ago, Guest Person said:

YARAS armour DR is type 1 flat instead of type 0 cumulative. Presumably an oversight? Definitely doesn't work with characters with intrinsic DR like Haer'Dalis.

I didn't even know that Haer'Dalis had DR? I thought he has fire/cold resistance, or something. At any rate, "not cumulative" is not the same as "doesn't work." Works fine from my perspective.

3 hours ago, Guest Person said:

YARAS treats the unfinished human flesh as a +5.

I have YARAS installed and the unfinished human flesh is a simple unenchanted leather armor: AC 8, -1 DEX penalty, 8% DR, etc. YARAS reads the item characteristics to apply those settings, and in my game they are applied correctly. Maybe some other mod in your game changes LEAT22 to a +5 armor, or something? It's weird for sure, but I think it is coming from somewhere else...

LEAT22 straight from the biff has an enchantment value of 5, that's why it's doing that. Presumably there are tweaks/fixes that make it 0.

13 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I didn't even know that Haer'Dalis had DR? I thought he has fire/cold resistance, or something. At any rate, "not cumulative" is not the same as "doesn't work." Works fine from my perspective.

He has 15% physical and wearing armor will overwrite it. It's a matter of which is more of a compatibility issue: ignoring natural DR or stacking with it? Anyway, if you're happy with how it is now, I'll just change it locally.

4 hours ago, Guest Person said:

LEAT22 straight from the biff has an enchantment value of 5, that's why it's doing that.

Oh that's super weird. I didn't even know the things was wearable before it is turned into leather (I mean, gross). I'll have to add a special carve-out for it.

4 hours ago, Guest Person said:

He has 15% physical and wearing armor will overwrite it. It's a matter of which is more of a compatibility issue: ignoring natural DR or stacking with it?

Huh I never even noticed that. (I always play with YARAS and every time I probably look at his stats he has armor on, so I didn't even see the base DR.

I don't love the idea of his DR stacking with armor... the idea is that armor is your base state for surviving attacks. Like, chain mail sets your AC to 5, it doesn't give you a 5-point AC bonus. So I applied DR the same way. But OTOH wearing armor should not reduce HD's DR!

Given that this seems like it is an issue with HD and nobody else, it seems like maybe the best thing to do is change HD's DR in his .CRE file to be a bonus rather than a base number. That would seem to have fewer potential unforeseen interactions than changing the way every armor works...