Class.ids

Grammarsalad

The IESDP seems to erroneously report that entry number 1 detects sorcerers. This does not seem to be the case, at least in bgee. I tested it by putting an ability using #177 in clabma01.2da specifying that entry. I created a mage, wildmage and sorcerer. The ability only appeared in the mage and wildmage character sheets. I have to say that this makes my life a heck of a lot easier, but anyway I thought it would be appropriate to report the discrepancy here.

Do you mean this in BG1EE, BG2EE or in IWD1EE, cause well, you know, the iesdp only has a class entry for BG2ToB.

PS, the sorcerer might not actually use the clabma01.2da, but some other table. Or none at all. As the kitlist.2da has no entry for Sorcerers.

I guess this is just a figment of my imagination:

http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/ids/bgee/class.htm

:)

(BTW it doesn't follow that if it has an entry for bg2, that it only has an entry for bg2. As such, no link could have served as justification for that assertion, as you cannot link to an absence and, as we have just seen, somebody else could have linked another existing entry).

Also, I will bet you 1 million Pasos that the sorcerer uses clabma01.2da.

(Edit: I should note that your logic was good here. It is not at all obvious without testing that the sorcerer uses clabma01.2da. I can report to you that I have tested it, however, and all evidence suggests that they do, in fact, use clabma01.2da. :)

Do you mean this in BG1EE, BG2EE or in IWD1EE, cause well, you know, the iesdp only has a class entry for BG2ToB.

PS, the sorcerer might not actually use the clabma01.2da, but some other table. Or none at all. As the kitlist.2da has no entry for Sorcerers.

Erhm, I am not entirely sure that's the official line, as the main index doesn't give a link to the BGEE Identifiers even though they are still there, it's actually likely that they are just a convenience copy from the BG2:ToB Files. :p

... however, and all evidence suggests that they do, in fact, use clabma01.2da. :)

So you have added an easy to detect +1 Thac0 bonus to the file and in so doing seen the benefit in both classes and subkits ? As that's proper evidence, as nothing else is.

PS: ... without changing anything else, including installing the (G3)BG2Fixpack in the non-EE game. :p

Besides, evidence doesn't suggest, it is either true or not, in case by case study, it's what the word science_of_counting_knowledge_and_it's_weapon "evidence" is meant to represent. :)

Erhm, I hope that this has not deterred your wish to help, what I post is not meant to offend.

Erhm, I am not entirely sure that's the official line, as the main index doesn't give a link to the BGEE Identifiers even though they are still there, it's actually likely that they are just a convenience copy from the BG2:ToB Files. :p

... however, and all evidence suggests that they do, in fact, use clabma01.2da. :)

So you have added an easy to detect +1 Thac0 bonus to the file and in so doing seen the benefit in both classes and subkits ? As that's proper evidence, as nothing else is.

PS: ... without changing anything else, including installing the (G3)BG2Fixpack in the non-EE game. :p

Besides, evidence doesn't suggest, it is either true or not, in case by case study, it's what the word science_of_counting_knowledge_and_it's_weapon "evidence" is meant to represent. :)

Erhm, I hope that this has not deterred your wish to help, what I post is not meant to offend.

Ahh, no offense taken! Why should I be offended when you question what is not obvious! (I get mildly irritated when people dismiss my favorite discipline out of obvious ignorance--that philosophy is 'just talk' is a philosophical position and so, if right, is 'just talk' and so empty/rant--but that is nothing you have ever ever done to my knowledge. :)

I tested with a very easy to detect +2 attacks per round! I would be happy to upload the files if you like

I tested with a very easy to detect +2 attacks per round! I would be happy to upload the files if you like

Yes, I would like to test them. :) PM me if you wish, it's easier to download file from a free to upload site you can link to in PM's...

Ahh, no offense taken!

Good, I just wrote that so that I could make sure ... cause I can never tell what is taken how if I won't ask. :D

Archived