Install order for BG2:EE

sturmvogel

Sorry, I'm at the end of my rope here. I know how to mod BGEE bought directly from Beamdog (the developer) but nothing about how it works when it's from Steam. Look for Jarno on the forum, he's a wealth of knowledge on stuff like this.

EDIT: From SHS:

Does this, by any chance, work for the Steam version?

Yes, there's a few things though. Not that the game will ever get a steam update. The BWS should have updated itself so you don't have to make a special editing of the baldur.ini to find the "25movies.bif" file, not the renamed patch readme, but it would be good to know about them. There's a text about this here, the 2.Q3 ... I really should clean that.

So. Really try to find a baldurs.ini. Look at the paths there and change to where you moved (copied?) the game.

So. Really try to find a baldurs.ini. Look at the paths there and change to where you moved (copied?) the game.

Ha, that's neat and nice that you use my posts... but that doesn't really apply to the EE games. :D I can't update the posts cause the profile is inaccessible.

First, the file's name is baldur.ini ... not baldurs.ini ... and the file will only be there in the old games directory after the game was run the first time.

Now in the new EE games, the file will actually be in the Windows profile files .. how sad that these things arrived. I HATE THIS.. for reasons I am not parting with now.

Yeah, so on Windows 7(yeah, it's OS specific... "down"-emoticon ), the file is in a place like this: C:\Users\<username>\Searches\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition for BG1EE, and The BG2EE's file is in the documents too... yeah. But that might not be the point in this really.

I'd probably just install them after the BG2 Tweak Pack.

I would install IR before the Tweak Pack, at least/especially if you want to use Tweaks' "2-handed bastard swords" or "2-handed katanas" components.

This was the original question:

I gather from comments on the BWP forums that the main component should be installed quite early, probably even before the quest mods and BP-Ascension, but where should the other parts go? Obviously before SCS, but is there a place where they would be best suited?

Archived