>_< How do I get a mod dialogue to trigger?

Thank you, Jastey. I tried the Global you gave me and it didn't work. One loaded game he did the same thing - he turned to my pc, the music started, and then nothing.

I reloaded and set the Global and then no music came at all. I even tried doing the first challenge over again both times and both times his dialogue failed to trigger. One time with the music and the next time nothing happened.

:(

I'll wait for a new version, I guess. It's very disappointing, but things happen. I even went to a previous save toward the end of SoA and tried to force his dialogue by setting "AdvanceRealTime("999999") and he didn't say anything. I'm really perplexed.

I think I'll cross my fingers that my game isn't in vain and just wait.

Thank you so much for all your help. :)

Hm, but in the save you sent me, the variable "B!KR_ToBc1" is not set, so the pocket plane challenge dialogue did not trigger, yet? (It should start with ~Beware of deception, my friend. Not all of Gavid's assertions were factual. You are no murderer.~.)

What was the last dialogue you had, and when did it happen? Can you quote the first sentence?

I know. :( I reloaded that game just now (the one that I sent you), set the Global, then did the Challenge. Nothing happened at all; not even the music.

I'm so sorry about all of this. I'm despairing now.

The last dialogue I had in SoA (iirc) was one where he asked about my pc's favourite colour. I hope that I am recalling correctly. I know that I had at least one dialouge after my pc got the ring from Keldorn. I know that the ring is key to the romance's success, so I remember waiting until at least one more talk before I finished the SoA portion and went into ToB.

The last dialogue I had in SoA (iirc) was one where he asked about my pc's favourite colour.

If I remember correctly, that's about two-thirds through the SoA romance track, where he starts actively flirting. Maybe if you advanced the LoveTalk global?

The last dialogue I had in SoA (iirc) was one where he asked about my pc's favourite colour.

If I remember correctly, that's about two-thirds through the SoA romance track, where he starts actively flirting. Maybe if you advanced the LoveTalk global?

Whoa...wow...if that's so, then I dragged my way thru SoA and still wasn't slow enough, possibly?

Hmm...I'll check how to advance the Global and give it a try but also be careful to not overwrite my last SoA save. I was pretty sure the romance was done! He did confess his love but then say that he could not hold my pc back from love with someone younger.

If there are indeed more talks then I may have missed something important.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm so happy to have help with this. I'm determined to get it sorted out and get my poor little pc some ToB Keldorn love. :D

The variable Global("B!KelLT","GLOBAL",71) shows me that you had all relevant dialogues in SoA, actually. The ring is indeed the most important (but it should have happened after the favorite colors, actually). There are more dialogues after this, but the core path is finished, so you can move on to ToB to get the full romance.

In ToB, the Challenge in question a fat man called Gavid should talk to you (in the Challenge). After this challenge, the relevant variable is set for the Keldorn talk to trigger. (The relevant variable is Global("GavePocketPlane","GLOBAL",1) ).

I'll try to play your savegame tonight to see when it triggers.

But so far, everything looks good in your save, theoretically.

Ankhesenpaaten, I played with your savegame, and it all worked flawlessly for me. We went up the stairs, did the (tedious, I must say) challenge, Gavid says something about blood on my hands etcpp, and the moment he disappears, Keldorn says his lines. We rest, and on goes the romance night talk.

No idea what goes wrong for you, but it doesn't seem to be the mod's fault.

Now I just had a crash to desktop. >_<

I have the exact game (still) that I sent you. I just tried again and loaded the variable, then did the challenge with Gavid. After, Gavid said his lines, vanished, and nothing happened. I hit "Rest" and then my game crashed.

I don't blame the mod, at least not anymore. I think I just don't have the knowledge of when to set a variable... or something like that.

I'll keep that saved game and continue trying. I'm sure it must eventually work! It's probably "operator error," tho. :)

Thank you for everything. I'm shedding a few tears of frustration at the moment, but I'll get over it. If I have to replay the entire game, then so be it. Maybe in about a week I can reach ToB again and this time maybe Keldorn will work for me.

Thank you to everyone here. If I can get this to work I'll jump back and let you all know. It has to be me since my game and install is apparently all right.

Archived