Bug reports in v30

haze, this seems to be unrelated to EET (mentioning it since you also posted in this board) - I can install it just fine. There was similar problem reported back in 2014 but unfortunately the link to solution mentioned in the following topic is no longer available: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26149&page=1

Thanks. After hours and hours (4 days) of installing, uninstalling, reinstalling (SCS takes forever) .... it does seem be an SCS issue. I got EET to install on a clean install of BG2EE. I tried SCS with and with out EET, with and with out other mods, with subtledoctor hot fixes, with BWP fixpack ...

Long story short. SCS is always the culprit. It keeps happening over and over on Smarter General AI. Seems to be the same issue as this poster: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28802.

Anybody still maintaining SCS? Have any ideas?

DavidW is working on v31, but that priest badly means no more fixes for v30.

I just followed a long rabbit hole, linking through about six different threads going back to 2014... and I noticed that one of the posters talked about using the SCS 'auto-installer.' Have you been trying with the auto-installer, or did you use setup-stratagems?

Because, I advised people a long time ago that the v30 auto-installer is (sometimes? often?) not working. So try the normal installer, if you haven't already.

Thanks subtledoctor, but I have been using the standard installer. Weird thing is that I had a working install of BGEE and BG2EE from about a year ago with SCS, but no EET. It looked like EET was finally stable enough so I deleted my old install (Doh!) and proceeded with an EET install.

I guess I can run without SCS, but I haven't done that in a LOOOOONG time. I have the original BG and BG2 with box and discs for both Windows and Mac, the GOG version of both games (was doing BGT with wineskin), and now BGEE and BG2EE. I even Torment from when it originally came out. Been playing off and on for years, but probably a decade since I went without SCS.

I do not personally like this solution much because of its randomness.

Variety is welcome but to me this is still immersion breaking. Why would the AI be partly infallible and partly completely clueless?

The only good solution (form what DavidW said it is too complex and requires too much coding to work decently) would be to have the AI learn about party protections by making them first fail in their standard attacks and then learn from their mistake (if intelligent enough to do it).

From what I understand instead (someone correct me if I am wrong), the party has a short "grace period" under which the AI is not aware of all the protections. Afterwards the AI becomes omniscient.

Personally, I rather keep the AI "dumb" because I find it is still preferable to the default alternative.

The focus should be separate enemies AI, rather than letting them all detect, or learn party status, it's not like ogres can learn something from battle. Solutions may vary, this I agree.

Edited by islandking

haze, this seems to be unrelated to EET (mentioning it since you also posted in this board) - I can install it just fine. There was similar problem reported back in 2014 but unfortunately the link to solution mentioned in the following topic is no longer available: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26149&page=1

K4thos I have been doing more testing. SCS will install on a clean install of BG2EE using the hotfix from subtledoctor: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385#Comment_732385. However, as soon as I introduce EET, SCS won't install. However, I can install EET on OSX and it works. I loaded the game and tested it out.

After lots of different variations of SCS installs, it seems something must not be patching correctly using the Big World FixPack on OSX.

• If I install EET, then SCS using the hotfix from subtle doctor it will crash.
  • If I install EET, then SCS using the Big World FixPack it will crash.
  • If I install EET, then SCS using the Big World FixPack followed by manually moving in the hotfix from subtle doctor it will crash.
  • If I install SCS on a clean install of BG2EE without EET and using using the hotfix from subtle doctor it will work.

Looks like I'll have to go without EET. I was stoked to try it. Before BGEE I ran BGT or Tutu forever. Both Windows and OSX. Maybe if SCS v31 won't require patching for BGEE and EET to work, Until then, I am out of ideas since I am not a modder and don't know the coding aspect and OSX has limited users/modders.

I found a solution. I hate when I search on forums and people say they fixed it, but don't tell you what they did. So, if anybody else has a similar issue to me and google brought you here .... Below is my fix.

For some reason SCS files weren't being moved to /stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out with the Big World Fixpack. Luckily, I had an old BG2 install on an external HDD with the necessary files in /ssl_out. I copied them over manually, reran the SCS installer, and voila .... success. 4 days and many, many, many attempts it was as easy as that. If you don't have those files ask a forum member to zip for you and unzip into the folder. Now off to see if the game will actually play. It did start .... crossing fingers.

@islandking

I installed the most current version of BGEE/SoD and BG2EE. 2.0+. I used subtledoctor's Easy Mac Mod installer to install the various mods including EET. Here is the order I installed the games and mods:

When you get a permission denied error with weidu you need to open Terminal and type chmod u+x then drag weidu into terminal and hit return. The easy mod installer will use that version of weidu for all subsequent mods and you shouldn't get a permissions error anymore.

BGEE
BGEE SoD
BGIIEE
BGEE Mods
BG1NPC
BG1NPC Music
BG1NPCs
BG1 Unfinished Business
EET *Setup Initialize
Big World Fix Pack
Ascension
BGE Mini Quests and Encounters
Lure of the Siren’s Call *Couldn't this to install
Assassinations
Back to Brynnlaw
Amber *Couldn't this to install
Kivan
Angelo
Isra
Keto
de’Arnise Romance
Imoen Romance
Crossmod Banter
Unfinished Business
Alternatives
The Wheels of Prophecy
Dungeon Be Gone
IWDification
Divine Remix *For some reason the option to install kits was not showing up
Song & Silence
Rogue Rebalancing *No HLA options. Install HLA after SCS.
WSR *No HLA options. Install HLA after SCS.
Refinements
Tweaks Anthology
SCS *Had to manually cope files from an old backup of /stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out to /stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out in the BG2EE folder
Rogue Rebalancing & WSR HLA
Biffing
NPC EE
EET *Setup Finalize

Biffing

Can you say that this has a beneficial effect to your EE game(s) ?

Cause on PCs, it hasn't been verified, but it hasn't been seen to have an effect either, as the game engine works well either way and even works with .zip(the DLC) files well enough.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Biffing

Can you say that this has a beneficial effect to your EE game(s) ?

Cause on PCs, it hasn't been verified, but it hasn't been seen to have an effect either, as the game engine works well either way and even works with .zip(the DLC) files well enough.

No I haven't. I just saw it on the Big World list awhile back and have used it the past few installs. I chose the minimal option. Maybe I should leave it off in the future. I haven't noticed a difference either way.

I found a solution. I hate when I search on forums and people say they fixed it, but don't tell you what they did. So, if anybody else has a similar issue to me and google brought you here .... Below is my fix.

For some reason SCS files weren't being moved to /stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out with the Big World Fixpack. Luckily, I had an old BG2 install on an external HDD with the necessary files in /ssl_out. I copied them over manually, reran the SCS installer, and voila .... success. 4 days and many, many, many attempts it was as easy as that. If you don't have those files ask a forum member to zip for you and unzip into the folder. Now off to see if the game will actually play. It did start .... crossing fingers.

So I don't have those files, mind sending them :D

No I haven't. I just saw it on the Big World list awhile back and have used it the past few installs. I chose the minimal option. Maybe I should leave it off in the future. I haven't noticed a difference either way.

The list for the BGT and EET are two different beasts. And you shouldn't use the BGTs list in the EE games at all. Instead, you should use the noted EET's compatible list as a base. From which the BWS should draw it's iterations.