Bug reports in v30

I really don't know much about it. If a while component fails - especially the core component - then that's very bad. If the AI isn't applied to a dozen or two creatures, it may be perfectly playable. Everyone has a different appetite for how close they must get to perfection; but with these games you'll never get real perfection. It's just a matter of whether the bugs you find are deal-breakers.

If the AI isn't applied to a dozen or two creatures, it may be perfectly playable. It's just a matter of whether the bugs you find are deal-breakers.

I fear everything is messed up. I installed SCS on BG:EE v2.3 and the component "Smarter general AI" installed fine (simply because I put only this mod)

Here (BG:EE v2.3) Greywolf has 3 pips in Two weapon fighting and 3 pips in long sword (I checked with NI).

BG:EE v2.4 (here "Smarter general AI" installed with warnings) -> Greywolf is different: the two effects Modify proficiencies (233) are missing. He seems to have Large sword proficiency, Active class 3 and Bow proficiency (what??), Active class 4.

This is just an example, other creatures differ from the regular SCS in a similar way..... Is there any modder that is able to explain me what the hell is happening? It'd be really appreciated.....

Edited by Luke

Interesting. Sounds like SCS thinks it is modding vanilla BG1, instead of BGEE. Maybe 2.4 is modding some file or structure that SCS uses to know which game it is modding. Or maybe it's more basic, maybe Weidu's GAME_IS cannot recognize BGEE 2.4.

2.4 means you're modding the iOS version, yes? I have SCS installed on that but admittedly I did not check for any errors... SCS general AI took like 4 hours to install, so I let it run overnight and finished it out and closed it the next morning. It's possible I also have such errors, and just didn't notice. I'll check when I get the chance.

Interesting. Sounds like SCS thinks it is modding vanilla BG1, instead of BGEE. Maybe 2.4 is modding some file or structure that SCS uses to know which game it is modding. Or maybe it's more basic, maybe Weidu's GAME_IS cannot recognize BGEE 2.4.

2.4 means you're modding the iOS version, yes? I have SCS installed on that but admittedly I did not check for any errors... SCS general AI took like 4 hours to install, so I let it run overnight and finished it out and closed it the next morning. It's possible I also have such errors, and just didn't notice. I'll check when I get the chance.

Yes, I'm modding the iOS version, but I get the same error messages even on BG:EE v2.3 -> The issue seems to be related to the number of mods installed prior to SCS. I'm using your Mac WeiDU Launcher (v4.240a)...

Did it take 4 hours to install "smarter general AI"? Seriously? For me that component usually takes 15 minutes... (MacBook Pro Mid 2012)

Anyway, since you said this "Ah ha: I think he (Karlat, the dwarf assassin in Beregost) has specialization with shield-fighting, which means every time I hit him in melee, my attacker is subject to a shield bash in return", it probably means that everything is fine (the 2 pips in Sword & Shield Style are applied via the effect Modify Proficiencies (233)), but yes, you should check in any case...

Edited by Luke

Did it take 4 hours to install "smarter general AI"? Seriously? For me that component usually takes 15 minutes... (MacBook Pro Mid 2012)

The install time is tied to the single core performance of the computer, because of weidu's programming, and the amount of other things the install has to go through before the actual code is compiled and other stuff.

I have a mid-2012 MBP as well, in fact (solid workhorse of a machine, and great upgrade options (dual internal SSDs etc.)... the Pismo of our time. I'm only now finally thinking about replacing it sometime next year.

But I think SCS takes longer the more kits, and the more CLAB features per kit, it has to process. With Monastic Orders, Tome & Blood, Song & Silence, Might & Guile, Divine Remix, and Faiths & Powers (especially), my setup forces SCS to work very hard...

Is the Faster Bears component not supposed to affect druids shapechanged into Black Bears? Just tried the Black Bear shape with Jaheira and she moved at a glacial speed.

That component is supposed to tweak also the druid's bear form -> check the SCS ReadMe

Edited by Luke

Or maybe it's more basic, maybe Weidu's GAME_IS cannot recognize BGEE 2.4.

Speaking of WeiDU, is there a way to use the latest version (v242) on MacOS Sierra? I mean, your Mac WeiDU Launcher v4.242 isn't working on Sierra (I get the message: "permission denied".....)

Moreover, if I use WeiDU v242 with your launcher v4.240a (apparently the only version compatible with Sierra), I get again: "permission denied" -> Maybe the latest version of WeiDU can fix my problem with Smarter General AI... -> Fun fact: your mod Might and Guile is the one that is causing most of the errors [probably because the latest version v3.6.7 is compatible only with WeiDU 242 (as per your change log)]....

Edited by Luke

Speaking of WeiDU, is there a way to use the latest version (v242) on MacOS Sierra? I mean, your Mac WeiDU Launcher v4.242 isn't working on Sierra (I get the message: "permission denied".....)/quote]

I'm pretty sure this is fixed in v4.2401

I'm pretty sure this is fixed in v4.2401

Are you saying it is possible to use Mac WeiDU Launcher v4.240a (what is v4.2401?) with WeiDU v242? If so, could you explain me how?

No - I'm saying I updated the Launcher app from v4.240a to v4.242, which had permissions problems. I have since updated it [/i]again[-i], to v4.24201, and for me at least this has solved the permissions problems. (I manually made Weidu executable before bundling it with the Launcher.)

So in other words, I think you just don't have the latest version of the Launcher. Check the Releases page of the Github project.

So in other words, I think you just don't have the latest version of the Launcher. Check the Releases page of the Github project.

This is the page https://github.com/subtledoctor/OS-X-Weidu-Launcher/releases, right?

As you can see, the latest version is v4.242 (instead of v4.24201). You released it on 6 July. If I'm wrong, please give me the correct link....

Edited by Luke

Oh, whoops, looks like I didn't make a release for the new version. Go to the project's main page (below) and click "clone or download" on the right side to get the newest version. If it works for you I'll make it a proper release.

https://github.com/subtledoctor/OS-X-Weidu-Launcher

So, the launcher works (it uses WeiDU v24201) -> you can make it a proper release.

BUT "Smarter general AI" installed with warnings as usual -> I am forced to blame Might and Guile for this (is it possible? Please, check your mod.....): I mean, I simply installed MnG followed by SCS -> lots of errors (i.e., lots of creatures are broken....). At this point I don't know what to do....

Where is the author of this mod? Not a single word from him....

Edited by Luke