Jump to content

“Unknown function: set_name_evaluate” error


Asthner

Recommended Posts

I was looking through my .debug files. No problems, until I took a look at the SCS one, where I encountered this passage:

 

 

SFO: Applying patch(es) to ITM file(s) arow08 arowkc... 
[./override/arow08.ITM] loaded, 218 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/arow08.ITM] loaded, 218 bytes
ERROR: [arow08.ITM] -> [override/arow08.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unknown function: set_name_evaluate"))
Stopping installation because of error.


Failed to patch arow08.ITM; error message was Failure("Unknown function: set_name_evaluate")


Failed to patch arow08.ITM; error message was Failure("Unknown function: set_name_evaluate")
[stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 380 bytes
Appending to files ...
[stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 380 bytes
Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt]
[./override/arowkc.ITM] loaded, 218 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/arowkc.ITM] loaded, 218 bytes
ERROR: [arowkc.ITM] -> [override/arowkc.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unknown function: set_name_evaluate"))
Stopping installation because of error.


Failed to patch arowkc.ITM; error message was Failure("Unknown function: set_name_evaluate")


Failed to patch arowkc.ITM; error message was Failure("Unknown function: set_name_evaluate")
[stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 474 bytes
Appending to files ...
[stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 474 bytes
Appended text to [stratagems_external/workspace/sfo_warnings.txt]


...done
The game runs well, but this bugs me. Should I expect something not working? And what is this error about, anyway? :)

 

I‘m on Windows, BGEE, a fresh install. Weidu.log – in the attachment.

 

Thanks for any replies. ;)

 

Edit: further searching revealed that the arrows in question are the flame arrows and the kobold commando flame arrows. AstroBryGuy reported this issue (I think) in December. So I’m guessing this is an actual problem with the arrow replacing component. I’d found out sooner were it not for the item name being ‘aRow08.itm’, not ‘aRRow08.itm’, for which search nor google had no results. xP

 

Edit: fortunately the fire arrows retained their descriptions (which in BGEE mention the high bonuses), so the bug isn’t “hidden”. Still a bug though. ;p

WeiDU.log.txt

Link to post

The set_name_evaluated function appears to be undefined. I made a slight tweak to elemental_arrows.tpa which should work. It's not as elegant as DavidW's code, but it works until he has a chance to upload a permanent fix.

 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/elemental_arrows.tpa.zip

 

Download the file above, unzip it, and copy the elemental_arrows.tpa file into "stratagems/item" before you install SCS.

 

I also updated the enchantment of arow08 to 0, so it won't count as a magical arrow.

 

FYI, Here's the updated section of elemental_arrows.tpa:

       // fire arrow name
       COPY_EXISTING ~arow08.itm~ ~override~
          READ_STRREF NAME2 oldname
          INNER_PATCH_SAVE newname "%oldname%" BEGIN
             REPLACE_TEXTUALLY " *\+.*" ""
          END
       BUT_ONLY
       
       LAF edit_item STR_VAR item="arow08 arowkc" editstring=~patch_ability_inline=>"to_hit=>0 damage_bonus=>0" patch_effect=>patch_data say_description=>16011 set_name=>"%newname%" enchantment=>0~ END

Link to post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...