Salk

Koveras' Ring

I have written the item description already and while it's not ideal, it's decent enough as it is, I think. If people want to expand it somehow, I am all ears...

In my mind, the description's reference to Koveras would actually be more fitting in the unidentified description, as essentially the +1 Luck ring is a Stone of Luck. PS, look at the link, it says: "Price 20,000 gp."

If I were to make the item, the description should include that the stone is made of Agate. And while making it, I could use a modified iring22.bam(vanilla ring of Holiness) with red/multicolored stone instead of the blue. And yes, it's price would be 20 000. But considering I am against this item, simply cause it's way too powerful... :devlook: ... I'll just leave this info here. :jump:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I have written the item description already and while it's not ideal, it's decent enough as it is, I think. If people want to expand it somehow, I am all ears...

In my mind, the description's reference to Koveras would actually be more fitting in the unidentified description, as essentially the +1 Luck ring is a Stone of Luck. PS, look at the link, it says: "Price 20,000 gp."

You mean you use the same source (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ring_of_Invisibility) that sets the price of a Ring of Invisibility to 20.000gp too?

I find 5000gp to be a fair value for the ring, considering that the Ring of Protection +3's value is 7000gp in the unmodded game.

And I already have the .bam for the ring done. I am just waiting for Demi to tell me whether or not he wants it.

You mean you use the same source...that sets the price of a Ring of Invisibility to 20.000gp too?

Well, the difference between the BG ring and that ring is, the BG ring has 1 charge per day in vanilla, while that doesn't, you did notice that, right ? So it's the vanilla staff of mage ability... To which quoting Demi now: "the first thing I've done without regret was to remove the cheesy invisibility at will effect (one of the most exploitable things ever)."

I find 5000gp to be a fair value for the ring, considering that the Ring of Protection +3's value is 7000gp in the unmodded game.

That's a +2 ring, the +3 is 9000. This is by vanilla BG2EE of course.

Ah well, I won't need to even put effort to this, you are almost defeating yourself, by yourself.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola,

you're right about the price of the Ring of Protection +3. It is indeed 9.000gp. It doesn't change anything. If the price of such a ring is 9.000gp you can't demand 20.000gp for the Ring of Opportunity because of the Luck +1 bonus. Let me guess you don't work in anything that is related to market values or if you do, I bet you don't sell much if you set the prices. :punch:

About the Ring of Invisibility, that price (20.000gp) would be absurd no matter how many uses per day you have. The vanilla Ring of Invisibility in BG2 costs 3.000gp. You think having unlimited uses instead of one per day justifies a 700% cost increase?

About "defeating" and "effort", I do agree you shouldn't put any more effort. :devlook:

Edited by Salk

Darn it, the quoted message changed between what I read and it being quoted. It was supposed to be something to this effect by Salk:

"...for the Ring of Opportunity because of the Luck +1 bonus. While insisting it to be useable only by Paladins." ...or something to that effect. What I have to support my claim is the original quoting time: 10:37, while the last edit was submitted in 10:55 which the above post is of.

Excuse the expression but: WTF ?

I never said THAT, EVER ! Just that if we go with the save throw bonus, then we should to restrict if from paladins. Is there something wrong with your undestanding of the English language ? Or how did you ever came to that conclusion? Ah, the insanity defense seems more and more likely.

About the Ring of Invisibility, that price (20.000gp) would be absurd no matter how many uses per day you have. The vanilla Ring of Invisibility in BG2 costs 3.000gp. You think having unlimited uses instead of one per day justifies a 700% cost increase?

Yes, definitely, as using it the right way allows your thief to backstab enemies 8 times per fight, I think it's fair. Just for that. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

About "defeating" and "effort", I do agree you shouldn't put any more effort. :devlook:

Excuse the expression but: WTF ?

I never said THAT, EVER ! Just that if we go with the save throw bonus, then we should to restrict if from paladins. Is there something wrong with your undestanding of the English language ? Or how did you ever came to that conclusion? Ah, the insanity defense seems more and more likely.

You're known to be offensive and an agitator on top of not making often much sense, Jarno Mikkola. This goes often beyond the line of what's acceptable in a Forum since you need to make personal attacks on a regular basis.

Ah well, I won't need to even put effort to this, you are almost defeating yourself, by yourself.

What I wrote was in reference to what you wrote. Since we are OT and this is also pretty much useless, I suggest we stop here.

Edited by Salk

@Salk, let me see your edited bam pal. ;) The item's background can be found on this topic right?

A +1 luck is a +3 enhancement bonus imo (thus 5000gp within IR), maybe even +4 (7500gp), but I'm fine with using the former considering I don't want to encourage players to sell it.

Demi,

the item background is now in the first post. I also added a link with the .bam file.

Glad to see you agree on the pricing for the ring.

Btw, just checking: how'd that thing interact with SR True Strike? Will one overwrite other when used?

Ehm...I was actually thinking of not using True Strike (don't kill me Salk) but there would be no issue if I do. I would just make the item use its own custom version of the spell (just in case one install IR without SR) and the two version of the same spell would not stack.

Ehm...I was actually thinking of not using True Strike (don't kill me Salk)

TS might indeed be OP, with the way Luck works. I'd go with either Luck or kresos variant + TS.

Guys.... do whatever you like... I am kinda burned by discussing this much around a ring... :D

Actually, I don't like the idea of making it the same +1 ring but that can be worn with other magical items improving AC. It feels weird.

But if TS 1 / day seems too much just keep the Luck bonus only.

Do you think it can make it into the next IR Beta version, Demi?

Edited by Salk

Do you think it can make it into the next IR Beta version, Demi?

Yes it will. It's already packaged. ;)

Guys.... do whatever you like... I am kinda burned by discussing this much around a ring... :D

:blush: yeah sorry

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.