Ace's update!

theacefes

Hey everyone!

Wow, it's been an insane string of months. I seriously apologize for the link craziness. I moved our domain name to Google Domains with the rest of my domains and well, there's a couple other things that have to happen on the server end of G3 to get the links to direct properly again. Hopefully, it will happen soon but in the meantime, big props to Mike1072 for going through all of our mod pages and changing the links so our SEO ranking doesn't suffer too much or annoy our members.

Some little highlights for what's happened so far this year!

New Work Project Released!

A week ago, my company released the newly designed Apartments.com! I was proud to have led the UI development of the site and to have been on the team that built it. Hopefully if any of you are looking for apartments in the US it'll help you. :)

New Music Project and My First Kickstarter!

That's right! I'm recording a new album and I'm looking for help to do it. I'm using Kickstarter to help fund the project, which should be released sometime in June of this year. I invite anyone interested or who is familiar with my music to check out the Kickstarter page!

That's it from me for now. Hope the year is treating you well so far. :)

New Music Project and My First Kickstarter!

That's right! I'm recording a new album and I'm looking for help to do it. I'm using Kickstarter to help fund the project, which should be released sometime in June of this year. I invite anyone interested or who is familiar with my music to check out the Kickstarter page!

Exciting!

I'm a little unclear on how the $100 tier would work regarding the bonus song. I assume the idea is that backers at the $100+ level will have a bonus song included on the albums they receive. Right now, it sort of implies that each $100 backer will have a song composed specifically for them but I'm not sure that's the intention. Also, would the bonus song appear on just 1 album or all albums they receive?

Can you provide some additional details on how the money will be spent? "Recording the album in the highest quality possible" = purchasing new equipment, etc.?

I'm curious if you've considered offering licensing for the music from the album. You might be able to get some backing from indie game developers if you made it possible for them to use the music in games.

Hi Mike,

Your assumption is correct but I see your point so I've revised the description a bit (in the main area - can't update the pledge!) to make it a tad more clear, though I honestly don't think it was super implied.

"Recording the album in the highest quality possible" = purchasing new equipment, etc.?

Among other things, yes. The story provides some backstory and talks about the costs that come with a pastime like this.

I'm curious if you've considered offering licensing for the music from the album. You might be able to get some backing from indie game developers if you made it possible for them to use the music in games.

Interesting but not really the goal. It's a stand alone album, much like the latest album from "Your favorite indie rock band". I've always offered consulting or licensing to people in general and this whole project is really just for 1) my own challenge and fun project and 2) getting some nice music not necessarily associated with a game or movie but of the genre out to people who are interested. :)

Archived