Noob questions about mod procedure/compatibility

Hi,

PoE has rekindled my love for the BG series and I am returning to them after many years- I want to do a full run from BG to ToB. Long since lost my discs so I picked up the EE versions of both and want to really dig into mods this time, and SCS looks fantastic. I am a bit bewildered however and would appreciate some help:

If I have the EE versions, do I need any version of the fixpack, for BG or BG2?

For the tweak pack, I dl'd v 16 and it prompted me to pick a game folder. I picked BG:EE and installed a bunch of stuff but a lot of BG2 options were not possible- do I need to run the installer again now and point it at the BG2 folder and do it all over again now?

I really like how Spell Revisions looks and what it says it aims to do- is that compatible with SCS? Is SCS balanced around the SR changes, or would it throw things off kilter? Same with IR?

I really like the ideas behind Ascension and Unfinished Business- can I run those with SCS, SR, IR, Tweakpack?

If all these things do work together, what is the order I need to install them in?

Sorry for all these questions... I know some aren't strictly SCS-oriented but SCS seems to be the biggest overhaul that everything else has to revolve around.

Appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks so much for putting a ton of work into what appears to be a great mod!

If I have the EE versions, do I need any version of the fixpack, for BG or BG2?

No.

For the tweak pack, I dl'd v 16 and it prompted me to pick a game folder. I picked BG:EE and installed a bunch of stuff but a lot of BG2 options were not possible- do I need to run the installer again now and point it at the BG2 folder and do it all over again now?

Yes. You installed changes to your BGEE game. If you want to make changes to your BG2EE game, you need to install the mod there as well. If I were you, I'd probably finish my BGEE game before moving on to BG2EE.

I really like how Spell Revisions looks and what it says it aims to do- is that compatible with SCS? Is SCS balanced around the SR changes, or would it throw things off kilter? Same with IR?

Yes, the creators of SCS and SR/IR have worked to keep the mods compatible.

I really like the ideas behind Ascension and Unfinished Business- can I run those with SCS, SR, IR, Tweakpack?

Yes. UB should be installed on your BG2 game and BG1UB should be installed on your BG1 game. However, I don't know if there is a version of Ascension that is compatible with BG2EE yet.

For the other mods, some of them (IR, SR, BG1UB) are only compatible with the enhanced editions if you use a beta version. Check the individual mod forums for details.

If all these things do work together, what is the order I need to install them in?

Check individual readmes for details, but it's something like this for BGEE:

IR (main component)

BG1UB

SR

SCS

BG2 Tweak Pack

IR (global components)

And something like this for BG2EE:

Ascension - if compatible

IR (main component)

UB

SR

SCS

BG2 Tweak Pack

IR (global components)

The main things that are achieved here:

• Ascension is installed before everything else
  • IR's main component is installed before SCS and BG2 Tweaks
  • SR is installed before SCS
  • SCS, BG2 Tweaks, and IR's global components are installed after the other mods

Archived