How I use this thing?

speeder

I already finished Baldur's Gate + Expansion once, and went to almost half of ToB and then lost access to the machine where it was installed.

On this machine I finished Planescape, and decided to try Baldur's Gate again after PoE failure.

So, I found this thread, and asked around, and noone told me it was bad idea, so I followed it: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-ultimate-baldurs-gate-experience/

But The game is misbehaving on my machine, and noone ever replied to my questions about how to make it work, so I decided to try GemRB.

On GemRB I have a different issue: Although I installed the WideScreen mod for 1366x768 (my machine native resolution, if I use anything else the computer itself misbehave), when I use GemRB at that resolution I get:

Menus: Centered 640x480

Gameplay UI: Top-left corner 640x480

Gameplay area (ie: where you see the map and the characters and you click to move): top-left, seemly 1366x600

So... help? I tried to take a screenshot of that funky gameplay area + UI but could not figure how (printscreen button seemly don't work).

The 1366x768 res is not a standardized full screen resolution, it's a custom, so there's not much a good to be had.
My advice is, install the Widescreen mod to the BG1 game with 1280x768 resolution, it will have small black borders, but you can install the Baldur's Gate 1 Widescreen_Graphical User Interface mod after with that resolution and you are likely to get your best experience out of that. Well it's not actually called that, but TWM_GUI beta 0,994, but that's besides the point.

Archived