Enemy-Dependent Backstab Multiplier

khelban12

Greetings.

Is there a way to make the backstab multiplier dependent on the creature ? I have removed backstab protection from every creature and want to lower the multiplier instead, based on a difficulty scale. For example i have a x5 backstab as a level something assassin and if i backstab a goblin or any other normal creature i get x5. If i backstab a dragon i get x3 multiplier because dragons inflict a -2 penalty. If i backstab a golem i get x2 because golems are very hard to backstab and inflict a -3 penalty or something like that.

One thing i tried is have an effect applied to each creature i want with opcode 232 "Cast Spell on Condition" like the fireshield spell does and cast a spell that applies a -1 backstab effect with opcode 263 to its attacker. This didn't work because it was applied after my hit so after the backstab landed (and for some reason the multiplier didn't decrease at all).

I also tried more complicated things like apply opcode 248 "set melee effect" to me that runs a 177 use eff that targets the creature i attack and if it belongs to the race i want to apply the 263 opcode to me but this didn't work either.

I am not familiar with bg2 modding so i surely did some mistake or maybe there is an easier way to do this than what i was trying to do. Is there any way to achieve this ?

Thank you.

Archived