Installing SCS on the GOG Version of BGII (OS X)

Hi all. I recently purchased the GoG version of BGII for Mac OSX and I've been unable to get SCS to work on it. Everything appears to install as it should, but when I try to play the game crashes to the desktop as soon as a spell is cast. I've tried versions 21, 26, 28, and 30. I encountered the same problem with each. In the absence of SCS the install works fine.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Has anyone successfully installed a recent version of SCS on the GoG version of BGII for OS X? Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

A.

Yes, this happens because of TobEx's "Casting Fixes" option (I don't know why, and if I knew it would be worthless since I don't know how to re-compile TobEx and hex-editing it seems like too much for this little thing) since version > 21.

(considering you already have the mod installed) Open the file TobExCore.ini in the TobEx_ini directory with TextEdit, press Command+F and search for "Casting Fixes" and change the 1 (one) after it for a 0 (zero). That should fix the crashes, and AFAIK no other issues arise.

Archived