Rakshasas and Breach

For all saking goods why do you need a "Breach" to defeat Rakshasa!?

Never used it on them, it is even useful? O_o

Because Rakshasas almost impenetrable by any kinds of magic as I remembered.

P.S. Insane + SCS (hardest setting) + Tactics for EE, BG2:EE 1,3 something.

It's not a contest but if you want to know every rakshasa I encounter has like 4 PfMW memorized, not inluding the scripted sequencers/contingencies, and I don't sleep every 30 mins to spam haste spells so I can get a lucky hit in before they recast it with casting time of 1, almost instant.

Anyway the component is not working as intended on EE, it has been known for a while and no patch has been provided anywhere for it.

kreso

Damn me, I though they totally immune to the magic (I tried some spells on Ifhateer, but without success) and that because I did not using the magic against them I always have a painful battles with that stupid 'Hindi' fairytale npc... :( Thanx for the advice about 7th level.

Adanedhel

Yeah if I right achieved "PfMW" - this is a "Protection from Magical Weapon" (4 rounds), I do not know, I even did not deleted it from Rakhasas that my party fought. To defeat 1 Hindi mythology creature you need 2 or 3 characters (and very good when one of them has a "Detect Illusions" ability..), two of them equipped with magical missile ammo, and one with something for the close combat. Just split them and hit the moron til the victory (of course better if you have few "Potion of Extra Healing..."). Without any 'haste'. Rakhasa when encountered in close combat will not recast the "PfMW" spell.

A very problem when you have many hindi demons against you, not because of their PfMW but because of their disabling things + magic damage that will wipe out a full party after few rounds (200% damage, this is an evil thing with a hostile AoE :( ).

About "Haste" - basically explored and completed almost all quests in locations from Anthakla to Underdark-Western Tunnels, except "Hillmar Hills" and "Watcher's Keep", used "Haste" two or three time, "Improved Haste" - once. The haste is sux for me , because much harder to control the characters in the battle and almost all fattituded after :( .

Archived