Need some help

Hello!

I have the IWD GOG version, meaning I am at 1.4.

Now I wanted to install the IWD Fix pack but I am getting nowhere with it - after lang selection it just goes to SKIPPING, SKIPPING and then exits. Then ./start.sh at a Terminal also fails. I dont know what I am doing wrong - I got weidu installed and I have run tolower (one clarification here - when you say IWD installation dir do you mean the dir that has start.sh in it or the 'game' directory - I did try both and both failed!).....

Also trials of the luremaster for linux to get the version to 1.4.2 is not there, so how can I get this done? This is not mandatory for me as long as I can get the fix pack, tweak pack & unfinished business installed.

If someone can help me out, it would be great.

Peace

Ananth

By

...I have the IWD GOG version, meaning I am at 1.4. ...

By version 1.4 I'm presuming you're talking about IWD EE.

If that's the case, you're going the wrong direction. IWD EE is actually a BG2 EE variant, started here as IWD-in-BG2 (check out the forum for more information). IWD EE v1.4 has no need for a fixpack, and you'll need to use the BG2 Tweaks mod.

I am unable to find the matching thread for IWD-in-BG2, if you could point me to it, it would be really helpful.

Erhm, you probably misunderstood, see the IWD:EE is based on a mod that was made by an author here, but it's no longer has a real association for it as it's far more advanced(the engine was changed just like in the BG1EE and BG2EE)...

So just read this:

IWD EE v1.4 has no need for a fixpack, and you'll need to use the BG2 Tweaks mod.

And that this. There was no need for a discussion in the IwD-in-BG2 mods forum as ... well people knew that it's based on the BG2 engine and it hadn't a thing to do with the IWD's fixes, tweaks or things ... because of the associated the readme says... but that's out dated by the current Tweak packs.

Thanks Jarno.

Let me see if I understand this (I know you have given me a lot of information but I just want to sum up to see if all the things are sitting right in my head!)..

1. There are no fixes that need to be applied onto the IWD:EE edition.

2. The BG2 tweak pack is the one that need to be applied as specified in your link and the IWD in BG2 tweak pack is outdated (anyway it seems to be windows only and I am running IWD off of Linux mint)

One last question - from all I gather the IWD:EE is pretty much ready to play without the "need" to actually do something right? I suppose the tweak pack is the only thing that needs to be applied and it too is optional, correct?

Once again, thanks for all the patient explanation, it does truly help!

Peace

Archived