BG1NPC Project v22 bug thread

Tried to, but it's still the same.

ERROR: Failure("AR4501.ARE: read out of bounds")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 134 translation strings

Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

ERROR: illegal 8-byte read from offset 8388928 of 51318-byte file AR4501.ARE

Looks like a problem with AR4501. Is there a copy of that file in your override directory without BG1NPC installed? If so, another mod may have patched it badly.

Hello, I'm having a small (well, relatively speaking) problem regarding Dynaheir's romance. I found only a few threads relating to this but with no definite solution and with the 'latest' ones dating to 2010, so I figured I might post my issue here, see if anyone might help me out. The problem is the one where the LT when entering the Undercity doesn't trigger. I also found Dyna's numbering of LTs confusing, where the three LTs concerning Gorion's letter and Bhaal heritage are the very last in order, and the LT in Undercity and LT after killing Sarevok are sorted before them which event-wise doesn't make sense :undecided: since finding Gorion's letter comes first, then Undercity and then Sarevok.

I still didn't dare to explore the Undercity and confront Sarevok, in case I miss the solution, so I don't know if I'll be having an issue with post-killing Sarevok talk too. Anyway, I'm playing BG Tutu and so far everything was running way too smoothly with the mods I had installed. Should've guessed there's gonna be some hiccup sooner or later. :dry: I'll also take a look at the .d and .tra files concerning Dyna's dialogues and see if the conversation is actually missing. In any case thanks to anyone taking my problem into consideration. :hug:

EDIT: Found it! :queen: When looking through x#dyro.d and x#dyro.tra the LT when entering the Undercity triggers if I have X#DyFlirt5 set to 1. Looking at Global Variables at ShadowKeeper I actually didn't have that particular string, only 3, 4 and 6. Now I didn't use the SK to add it but instead opted to use CluaConsole and type SetGlobal("X#DyFlirt5","GLOBAL", 1) and voila! :D It worked like a charm. Now to kick Sarevok's butt and see if I don't get the final LT.

Edited by Ana Skydrac

Well, that worked for me. :undecided: Maybe it was just something I missed because with everything going on, I sometimes forget I had the option to talk and flirt with Dyna on my own (and it's been years since I played the entire saga from start to finish and my first time playing BG Tutu with all these awesome mods, so I kinda got too immersed into the game). I was thinking if I should post my solution to the problem to those couple of other threads, even if they date five, six years back just in case?

Oh, yeah, and I didn't have any problems whatsoever with the last LT after killing Sarevok, everything played out just fine. :happy:

Edited by Ana Skydrac

Hi all,

i have some trouble installing BG1NPC. Setup is BGEE + SoD + modmerge.

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/BG1NPC/Phase2/dlg/X#KAQST.D] PARSE ERROR at line 152 co
lumn 1-15
Near Text: REPLACE_TRIGGER
        syntax error
ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/BG1NPC/Phase2/dlg/X#KAQST.D]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [BG1NPC/Phase2/dlg/X#KAQST.D]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 541 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled    541 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 1.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45

I downloaded the most recent (master) BG1NPC version from github (https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC).

Setup-BG1NPC.DEBUG
Weidu.log

Can anyone help please?
Thanks.

The unreleased GitHub code is a work in progress. It will likely have bugs and errors. Use a released version of you want something a little more stable.

Just a minor typo in the command. It should be REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER. Whoops.

Edited by AstroBryGuy

Well, that worked for me. :undecided: Maybe it was just something I missed because with everything going on, I sometimes forget I had the option to talk and flirt with Dyna on my own (and it's been years since I played the entire saga from start to finish and my first time playing BG Tutu with all these awesome mods, so I kinda got too immersed into the game). I was thinking if I should post my solution to the problem to those couple of other threads, even if they date five, six years back just in case?

Oh, yeah, and I didn't have any problems whatsoever with the last LT after killing Sarevok, everything played out just fine. :happy:

The script block that sets the X#DyFlirt5 variable should trigger at a party rest after the final dream. If you have a save from before you manually tweaked the variable, I'd be interested to see the variable states and figure out why the block isn't firing.

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",%tutu_chapter_7%)
Global("X#DyFlirt5","GLOBAL",0)
Global("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("%bgdreams%","GLOBAL",%bgdream6%)
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
PartyRested()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DyFlirt5","GLOBAL",1)
END
Edited by AstroBryGuy

Not sure if this is a bug of this mod or a bug in EET when renaming/merging the dialogues

Imoen's dialogue Global("X#IMMALAR","GLOBAL",1) about Malar all of a sudden triggers (instead of a response from Player1) the sentence that should be triggered by Global("Selftalk",Global",1).

In EET the respective dialogues are Imoen2_.dlg and Player1.dlg

It happens at the point where there is a statecheck for INT (my PC has INT 13)

1,CheckStatGT(Player1,12,INT)

2.CheckStatLT(Player1,13,INT)

3. no condition

The script block that sets the X#DyFlirt5 variable should trigger at a party rest after the final dream. If you have a save from before you manually tweaked the variable, I'd be interested to see the variable states and figure out why the block isn't firing.

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",%tutu_chapter_7%)
Global("X#DyFlirt5","GLOBAL",0)
Global("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("%bgdreams%","GLOBAL",%bgdream6%)
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
PartyRested()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DyFlirt5","GLOBAL",1)
END

Oh, don't worry about it, it was definitely a fault on my part. Apparently, I didn't have that last dream sequence because I didn't rest enough times for it to trigger and also I finished the game with only one Draw Upon Holy Might when I should have gotten two, so that's another proof for that. And I checked the variables myself, so, yeah. I'm sorry to have been a bother, I know I should 'ave checked things out first before jumping the gun.

But just to be sure, I'd like to send you my save, but how do I go about attaching files to my reply? Or do I have to upload it on some place and just share a link? I apologize for asking this, it's really embarrassing. :unsure:

Edited by Ana Skydrac