BG1NPC Project v22 bug thread

I see a possibility....

In this post (http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27592&p=238721) Avenger said:

Instants take one more transition than you would expect.
Non instants (and anything after them) are delayed until the dialogue ends.

Looking at the action connected to Andarthe's dialog: "Please! I... I implore you... have mercy and spare my life... I will leave these lands and never return. I stand defenseless"

DestroyItem("MINHP1")
SetGlobal("X#AndSurrender","GLOBAL",2)

DestroyItem() is *not* in INSTANT.IDS. So, according to Avenger's post, this could be delaying the SetGlobal() action to after the dialog completes. So, it could happen after the SetGlobal("X#AndSurrender","GLOBAL",7) action on the last dialog state.

Gotta go back and re-test!

EDIT: It works on my BGEE testing install - X#AndSurrender was set to 7, but it could be something the EE engine fixed. I'll try on Tutu when I get a chance.

I can try swapping the action order so that the SetGlobal is before the DestroyItem. Maybe that will fix the issue you are seeing on BGT.

Edited by AstroBryGuy

Seems quite possible; like I said the dialog fired properly and in order, everything seemed to work as it should, except for the global variable being set.

I suppose I could try swapping the action order and going to the earlier save, using cluaconsole to jump the party to the cloakwood and see if I can get the quest to trigger, etc to test.

Yep, that seems to do the trick (swapping the action order); console jumped party from early save to cloakwood, got the quest, etc. did the quest in the same order as previously (killing the head shadow druid before encountering beador) just to make sure, encountered andarthe and got him to surrender, accepted, went inside and the captive NPC gets spawned properly, indicating global is being set properly.

Quick and dirty fix for NI users unable/unwilling to wait for hotfix/update:

in X#Andart.dlg, change Action 0

DestroyItem("MINHP1")

to

DestroyItem("MINHP1")

This is a pretty significant and probably not widely known detail regarding how the game engine handles global variables in these situations; I wonder if there are other bugs are out there in the wild that might be similar in nature?

Also got Beado1.cre to not crash the game by addressing the missing quarterstaff animations issue with 1pp (set up a temp/new install with component 210 of 1PP installed, copied over relevant missing bam files)

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58532-heads-up-on-1pp-component-dependency/

All is well, thanks for the help AstroBryGuy!

Edited by ithildurnew

Would there be a downside to adding more actions to INSTANT.IDS as another way to avoid unintended delays?

I don't know. I wouldn't necessarily think so, but considering Avenger's example of how GemRB's attempt to "fix" the setting of internal states actually broke the dialog for the Machine of Lum the Mad, I wouldn't be too surprised if there were a dialog that relied on this aspect dialog engine's behavior.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27592&p=238721

Would there be a downside to adding more actions to INSTANT.IDS as another way to avoid unintended delays?

I don't know. I wouldn't necessarily think so, but considering Avenger's example of how GemRB's attempt to "fix" the setting of internal states actually broke the dialog for the Machine of Lum the Mad, I wouldn't be too surprised if there were a dialog that relied on this aspect dialog engine's behavior.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27592&p=238721

Just because one modder made one mistake in one dialogue (nobody is perfect after all) does not justify to revise and maybe break the system that has works well. The coding of actions (INSTANT or non) in dialogues and scripts is no secret, just observe them and you are fine.

I am playing BGEE 1.3.2053 and I encountered one minor issue, sometimes (completely random) in dialogue window, the button where you have the option to click CONTINUE or END DIALOGUE is empty with no text, but it's no trouble at all because I can still click to continue with the dialogue or end it. I am pretty sure NPC mod is the cause, I tested this with no other mods installed.

The mod is great, keep up the good work, it's much appreciated!

I am playing BGEE 1.3.2053 and I encountered one minor issue, sometimes (completely random) in dialogue window, the button where you have the option to click CONTINUE or END DIALOGUE is empty with no text, but it's no trouble at all because I can still click to continue with the dialogue or end it. I am pretty sure NPC mod is the cause, I tested this with no other mods installed.

It would help tremendously if you can type the content of dialogs few last lines. It's easier to find where the trouble is.

It would help tremendously if you can type the content of dialogs few last lines. It's easier to find where the trouble is.

Sure no problem, I attached 2 screenshots during conversation with Xzar and Montaron. Screenshots are cropped due to upload size limitation. The button is empty only for these 2 lines on conversation, I loaded the game a few times and it's always these exact 2 lines.

post-8957-0-84721400-1458431294_thumb.jpg

post-8957-0-47795300-1458431297_thumb.jpg

Quick question here/possible bug.

I've been having trouble with the "give Viconia her BG2 portrait" part of this mod. Everything else seems to work fine (including Imoen's portrait from BG2) and the WeiDU says that it's been installed, but she still shows up with her BG1 portrait instead. Any ideas? I am using the latest Gibberling version not v22.2.

Edited by Ratatoskr

What game are you running? BGEE? Did you recruit Viconia at level 6?

If so, I see the problem. The component doesn't update the level 6 version of Viconia in BGEE. The list of Viconia CREs has VICONI61 but not VICONI6. The former is for BGT compatibility. The mod will need a minor update to add VICONI6 to the list.

If you have EE Keeper, you can edit the portrait in your saved game.

Edited by AstroBryGuy

I'm playing BGEE with the latest 2.0 Update and BG1NPC Project v22, and when finding Gorion's body after the ambush, I'm not seeing the option to bury him in a cairn. Is this a bug?

I was playing the 1.3 version of BGEE, but, with the new update, I decided to restart the game and now I'm not seeing the bury option. And yes, I reinstalled the mod.