EET in GemRB

Bill Bisco

we don't have a pvrz plugin yet, since there is practically no demand. It could be easily made to work differently depending on the target game.

Being able to run EET in Gemrb is probably a worthy goal to be put somewhere in the list of priorities. We could potentially solve these engine quirks Beamdog seems unwilling to so far.

nah, it's not much of an improvement over bgt and who knows what the next installment will bring.

but of course, you are welcome to find people that also think it's a priority and convince them to help gemrb in that regard.

This is already highly off-topic (can someone split it to Noobermeet?), but here goes:

It's not about money; but it could help, as I'm currently employed only for half-time (perils of the NGO sector). Usually it is a subpar motivator compared to fun and what-could-be, which are the main reasons we're working on gemrb. I'm also not sure how fair it would be to funders, to work on eet support while plain bg and bgt are not perfect yet. Lots of reverse engineering remains, so the end result wouldn't be as polished as you may think. The last 10% takes 90% of the time and all that.

One more post, apologies.

Perhaps I'm just a naive non-programmer, but my thought was that Gemrb could use most of its existing code on the EET assets and use revised code only when absolutely necessary. It might not be as efficient potentially as the Infinity Enhanced Engine, but BGT seems to work mostly fine in GemRB's current code anyway. Maybe a GemRB implementation would let us be able to better use mods that haven't been converted to EET along with mods that have; maybe that's a pipe dream; I don't know.

Don't get my wrong, I prefer BGT over EET for all the major unconverted mods, but I figure the people who bought the EE games deserve a GemRB bone too especially if it can overcome Infinity Enhanced Engine issues that EET can't solve on its own.

If you're after "mostly fine" then it's a slightly easier matter, since we're already a different engine. Plenty of changes to add. But yeah, stuff for our subforum if you want to discuss it further.

Archived