A few questions about this mod

Eleneithel

They get 1d8 hit points per hit die. So you could have a 200 hp dragon if it's a 25HD

25HD(1d8) = 113, see 25 * 4.5 = 112.5, not 200, and 87 from any CON bonuses is a quite feat. So get bend Boby. Of course if it got well-ll 1d16, then things could be different, but that's OP even for a monster such as a dragon, and remember they have to be clerics or cleric/mages or mages. Not freaking fighters( that would get 1d8HD=4.5 per level... making you to require the Dragon to be at least 44th level as a non-HDcapped fighters, turn that to a cleric that gets 1d6 HD and +2 at levels 10 forward and.... you'll be dreaming of the dragon to be ~92th level at least), as that was your argument in the first place ... and to just to get the spells they got. Fair is just a relative term in this game of dice.

I'll happily take the response that I am insane as long as you take it as a fact that, with your suggestions, you are more. :devlook: And so this issue can be tabled.

Most BG players max out their hp. So I presume that component of SCS does too.

So according to you, MOST BG1 players use the IESE to give Minsc his 22 HPs instead of the 20 he comes in vanilla BG1, then everytime they level up, they save and reopen the savegame and go and tweak their HPs to reach the max, and no more. Or they reload the game until they get the max HPs. Including the players who expect themselves to play the NO RELOAD game.

Is that what you are saying ? :devlook::rotflmao:

You know the difference between "most" and "all" right?

And you know the game has a little box you can check to give max hp rolls no matter what difficulty level you are playing on? And that for BG2EE that box is checked by default, so most players who don't look at the game options will play with max hp rolls without even realizing it?

And you realize that none of this has anything to do with the question of whether the better way to equalize rogue and priest hit dice to make them both 1d6 or both 1d8 - which is changing the game rules in any event, so what are you even talking about???

And you know the game has a little box you can check to give max hp rolls no matter what difficulty level you are playing on?

That's an EE game feature.

And yes, we are talking about most, as in, the BG games have been played for a long time and most of them have already been played ... in the last 15 years. The EE games play rate compared to that is just a small trickle compared to the rivers of former players that have played the game. At least thus far, so consider that when you tell what the MOST players have done.

... which is changing the game rules in any event, so what are you even talking about???

Well, I counter argued your idiotic assertion that a fighter with 1d8 would be "balanced". Or did you just fail to read the responses you got. Nice man. I expect that you won't even read this then. std.

I did say that the thieves should get the 1d8, while the clerics and druids should get the 1d6. Among other factors. Go read the post above.. and start from: "Which then brings me to the other topic, rogues&divine casters in KR,"

And by the way, you don't get an avarage of 8 from a 1d8... you and the monsters should actually get a 4.5 out of it.

In PnP, but not in BG. A lot of monsters in vanilla games have maximized hitpoints, if you check it. It was actually quite a surprise for me too. At one point during SoD development we even had an argument that some of the enemies were too low on HP for their level - I wanted common soldiers to be 7th level (mostly for Cloudkill immunity and bonus ApR) without making them too beefy (~75-80% max HP), while others pointed out that about 90% of vanilla enemies were within 90% of their max.

Archived