IWD on Android

Emiluren

I used to play bg1 in the google play version of gemrb on my old phone and it worked really well. Then I lost my phone and decided to try IWD:HoW (gog version) on my new phone (galaxy s6). I managed to get a 0.8.0 version from sourceforge to run but it was hard to select the right dialogue options and when I tried to scroll it spazzed out completely. I then hoped that I could get an older version to run so I could have the touch pad control that I know I used before but so far I haven't had any luck. I know the old versions are not supported any more but I really want touch pad input since the newer touch input isn't really playable on such a small screen.

The 0.7.2 version from sourceforge crashes with this log file

0.7.2_GemRB.log

Disabling intro videos makes it crash with this log instead

0.7.2_no_video_GemRB.log

Setting the audio driver to none makes no difference.

I did manage to get the 0.8.3-alpha1 version to run but it locks up during character creation and it doesn't have touch pad input anyway.

The google play version just crashes without even giving me a log file. Is it possible to run an old version? Is there some sort of problem with my phone or have I configured gemrb incorrectly? If it's possible to get touch pad input in a newer version I guess that would be even better. I'm thankful for any help. I have literally spent hours at this.

0.8.3 doesn't have touch pad input (is this normal touch?)!?

Did it lock up in the final, confirmation step? That would be an indicator of missing files - missing search paths.

BTW, dialog choices are now spaced out, so it's harder to fat-finger the wrong response.

What I meant with touch pad input is the old type that was in the play store version where you could move the cursor around by sliding your finger on the screen and tap to click. I tried the 0.8.3 version again and found that it only freezes if i click on biography. I tried scrolling in a text box and it works much better than 0.8.0. :) I didn't notice any difference with the dialog choice spacing though. Should that be in the 0.8.3-alpha1 version that is on sourceforge or do I have to compile it myself from git? (I noticed that in the system app settings it actually says the version is 0.8.2-git)

Ah, scrolling on borders with tapping was removed. Here are the gestures used:

http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=input:touch

Biography editing is a known regression and it will likely remain in the final release. So just avoid that. If you meant something else, the log is unfortunately useless, so you'll have to provide more info on how to reproduce.

As for the spacing, it may have been hardcoded before, I'm not sure. Or the simplified check we're currently using to detect is bad (you need to have Mouse Feedback set to nonzero in the config — I see the android build script doesn't set it). The default will be fixed in the next build.

I don't mean border scrolling. I might not be the best at explaining but I mean having an actual cursor on the screen and being able to move it around. Like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YqLqEZsXk

It did make navigating dialogue trees a bit easier even if the new system is superior in every other way.

If I create a character and click on biography no window appears and I can no longer click on anything else. The music still plays so it's not a total crash. I don't really care about that though so it's not a problem for me.

Changing MouseFeedback from 0 to 3 made no difference for the spacing. Here's a screenshot

post-8655-0-39615300-1437049883_thumb.png

Also, the intro video begins to stutter after a few seconds.

EDIT: seems like this is a common problem

Is there some way to increase the font size?

Yes, you can change the font size by using different fonts. There are some mod ones that you could install or use TrueType alternatives. Then edit gemrb/unhardcoded/how/fonts.2da to match.

... Yes, we did, but it either doesn't work or Video::TouchInputEnabled doesn't work.

But for him that check would be true with a 3. You can ask sdl if there is a nonzero count of touch devices, but not easily if they're being used, so something like that will have to remain in there.

Archived