SubtleMods: NPC_EE - in-game customization for NPCs

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

turn her into a Jinxer, and then level her up from level 0 to level 1, 5E casting is initialized

I could create a Jinxer and it would properly apply all kit abilities - 5E spellcasting is initialized

she gets her 1st-level bard song** (from QD_MCM01.spl) but she does not get her 1st-level feat abilities

Oddly, she gets the 1st-level bard song at level 0, before leveling up to level 1

she does get the other kit abilities from level 4 and level 6.

Can confirm everything on EET. For me 5e casting was always initialized correctly, but I've also only ever tested going from lv 0 to 1.

Okay, version 5.0 beta 8 handles those level-zero shenanigans. It should now handle switching to tricky classes like MnG bards etc.

By the way: if you switch classes and you end up with some innate proficiency abilities that are yellow-ish on a black background (that's from Scales of Balance) and one that is green on a white background (that's from this mod), then you want to use the yellow abilities first.

16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Okay, version 5.0 beta 8 handles those level-zero shenanigans. It should now handle switching to tricky classes like MnG bards etc.

By the way: if you switch classes and you end up with some innate proficiency abilities that are yellow-ish on a black background (that's from Scales of Balance) and one that is green on a white background (that's from this mod), then you want to use the yellow abilities first.

Just for information, the 1st page of this topic has not been updated since 2019, and the links to this mod and its readme are outdated, maybe you'll want to update them ?

20 minutes ago, kijikun said:

Can this be installed after EET_end or is that way to late in the install?

It's probably not too late. The reason being that there are no dependencies between changing a characters class and kit that the game looks... other than maybe a quest assumes a character is this class and not it's that class.

If anything you will likely want to make this change after most mods.. but there it's rather a "what do you exactly want ?" Rather than "This is the only way, or the game will explode".

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
2 hours ago, kijikun said:

Can this be installed after EET_end or is that way to late in the install?

Sure. I think the only real caveat is the usual, that changes to NPCs will not affect NPCs you have already encountered. (So if you remove Imoen's dual-class flag and load a game in Chateau Irenicus, Imoen will still have the dual-class flag in your game and she will be unable to use this system.)

Edited by subtledoctor

I'm currently using this mod, V5.01, in my fresh EET install. I used the kit grimoire to change Imoen's proficiencies and assign her a kit but after leveling up from level 0 to 1 she had 10 hp when she's supposed to have 8. Khalid had the same problem. To fix this, I used Near Infinity to modify the grimoire so it doesn't disappear after use and gave it an additional ability that allows me to reduce a character's hp by 2.

Edit: also, Jaheira isn't being given proficiencies as a multi-class and spell reassignment removed her ability to cast zone of sweet air.

Edited by Enkidu
16 hours ago, Enkidu said:

I used the kit grimoire to change Imoen's proficiencies and assign her a kit but after leveling up from level 0 to 1 she had 10 hp when she's supposed to have 8. Khalid had the same problem. To fix this, I used Near Infinity to modify the grimoire so it doesn't disappear after use and gave it an additional ability that allows me to reduce a character's hp by 2.

Yes, the process has to keep a minimum of 2 hit points when characters are at level zero, else they would die and/or become undead (no kidding). So they have two extra hp at level zero, and that carries over as you level up. Fixing this perfectly would be a relatively immense amount of effort, for very little return. Fact is, most Bioware NPCs have an unusually large amount of hit points by default (hello Imoen, a 7th-level thief with 57 hp) and this brings them back down to level 0 which means they will have to re-roll those hit points and will almost certainly end up with less than they had to begin with. In this context, the extra two will, more or less, come out in the wash.

(I suppose they will be more noticeable if players use the "Max Hit Dice" cheat or are playing on easy or "normal" difficulty... but then, if a player is artificially maxing out their hit points, I hardly expect they will complain about an extra two.)

tl;dr: I understand it is not exactly correct; but it seems insignificant to me and perfecting it would be a lot of work and super finicky.

16 hours ago, Enkidu said:

Jaheira isn't being given proficiencies

Will look into this one.

EDIT - I just tested in BG2EE. I changed Jaheira from a fighter/druid to a fighter/druid again, choosing the Avenger kit and leveling up to I think level 6/7. She could cast Gust of Wind - that's the SR version of Zone of Sweet Air, available to druids as a 2nd-level spell - both before and after the change. I could pick one proficiency when leveling up and then five more via the added innate ability, for a total of six proficiencies, up to two in any given weapon. Seems correct?  (The "memorize spells" ability, however, does not seem to be working; I'll take a look at that.)

I also changed Imoen into a cleric/thief, and leveled her up to level 6/7. She could also choose one proficiency when leveling up, but could only spend two more points via the innate ability. That doesn't seem right for a cleric/thief. Don't clerics get more proficiency points than that in the base game? (It's been so long since I played with the unmodded proficiency system, I honestly don't know what the proper values are!) Maybe it's only taking one of her classes into account? (EDIT - actually, looking at PROFS.2da, cleric/thieves indeed get two profs at 1st level and one more at 4th level. So this is also correct.) Imoen as a cleric/thief can also cast Gust of Wind as a 3rd-level spell (this is the same resource as the vanilla game's Zone of Sweet Air... IIRC that spell might not actually be available to druids in the unmodded game - it's one of the things Spell Revisions endeavoured to correct because of course druids should have it.)

I see the problem with the Memorize Spells ability, I'll fix that presently.

Edited by subtledoctor

I do play with max hp per level, but I also have a tweaks anthology component that maxes out the hp of all creatures in the game.

Looking at the d5_ckit script, the Jaheira proficiencies issue seems to affect all multi-classed characters below a certain xp threshold. Since I'm trying to recruit her in the BG1 portion of EET, she's well below the threshold. Here's the block that's responsible:

IF
	Class(LastSummonerOf(Myself),FIGHTER_DRUID)
	Global("D5CHACLS","GLOBAL",2)
	Global("D5STTTLK","GLOBAL",1)
	CheckStatGT(LastSummonerOf(Myself),22000,XP)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),ApplySpellRES("D5_CPR1",Myself))  // No such index
		Continue()
END

Removing the xp condition fixes the issue but I assume it's there for a good reason and removing it could have unintended consequences elsewhere.

As a druid and without spell revisions, Jaheira wouldn't normally be able to cast zone of sweet air since it's a cleric-only spell, but she has that ability on account of being a harper, I guess.

Edited by Enkidu