Unearthed Arcana presents Might & Guile: tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues

There's uh, quite a few bard items.  I was planning on just working around the good ones in ToB with UAI HLA, but for some reason, my last 3 modded installs have had thief HLAs completely broken. I need to find out what's going on with that. Its been distressingly consistent. You haven't noticed any issues on your installs, right? As of right now, I only use your big three kit mods for any kind of class modding. Maybe I should start using Rogue Rebalancing again. What install order do you recommend with Rogue Rebalancing and Refinements? Not sure how they will interact with Might and Guile, etc.

Refinements removes UAI. If you want it, I would 1) install thief HLAs from Rogue Rebalancing, and 2) install HLAs by class in Refinements, and skip the thief HLAs.

42 minutes ago, Thacobell said:

You haven't noticed any issues on your installs, right?

I haven't actually played to the point of seeing TOB content in probably a decade. So I can't speak to that stuff.

54 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Refinements removes UAI. If you want it, I would 1) install thief HLAs from Rogue Rebalancing, and 2) install HLAs by class in Refinements, and skip the thief HLAs.

I haven't actually played to the point of seeing TOB content in probably a decade. So I can't speak to that stuff.

Okay, thanks. Do these go before or after your kit mods? 

The Bladesinger's "Bladesong" ability is severely broken (in a technical sense, though it's a pretty insane ability in its own right.)

At level 13, it changes to instead grant permanent improved ability instead of what it's listed to doing. The problem is specifically with file D5BD51B.
It has also been providing an undocumented 2AC buff to pierce/slash/crush along with the effects the kit lists.

Whoa. That’s the level 13 effect from the Blur Aura. (And intended, there - the tradeoff is, you can’t cast spells while it’s active. It’s kind of an alternative version of Defensive Spin.)

That header must have mistakenly been copied into the Bladesong .SPL. Your fix is indeed the correct one. I’ll fix it in the mod. 

23 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Whoa. That’s the level 13 effect from the Blur Aura. (And intended, there - the tradeoff is, you can’t cast spells while it’s active. It’s kind of an alternative version of Defensive Spin.)

That header must have mistakenly been copied into the Bladesong .SPL. Your fix is indeed the correct one. I’ll fix it in the mod. 

Yeah, it seems to be a pretty cool ability, Bladesingers as a whole are really cool. (Though it's a bit odd they can use 2H style but not dual wielding.)

One thing I might mention is that I'm pretty sure Weapon Focus is partially broken with your Scales proficiency overhaul. I couldn't get focus for Scimitars for instance, and picking Katanas would bug it out by putting a star into the "..." category. 

I honestly forget. It might be that kitless fighters get 2 while other feat-getters get 1... or Khalid might be getting a bonus feat for his INT score. 

EDIT -

Hmm, looks like you get bonus feats at 16 INT and 19 INT. But Khalid only has 15 INT.  But, glancing at the CLABFI01.2da table, it looks like trueclass fighters get two feats at 1st level, by design.

Edited by subtledoctor

The HLA table has a bunch of junk (blank) entries referring to things that don't really exist. Like "AP_D5SRC2Q"

From what I can tell, D5SRC2A is an extra second level spell slot, but something ending in Q doesn't exist (there were 7, from 1Q-7Q). Maybe something else I have renamed things a bit?