Unearthed Arcana presents Might & Guile: tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues

3 hours ago, Thacobell said:

On my install, it has Power Attack as a pre req. Might be an install specific bug.

Checking with changelog, nothing else touches lud5_182.2da but I suppose it would be my luck for that to have somehow become the case. Maybe some weird indirect influence, but it's hard to see how that would have done that. Something like making Critical Strike reliant on Power Attack due to swapping the resource names somehow I can see, but this was an error inside the 2da itself.

28 minutes ago, Guest Alkaid said:

Checking with changelog, nothing else touches lud5_182.2da but I suppose it would be my luck for that to have somehow become the case. Maybe some weird indirect influence, but it's hard to see how that would have done that. Something like making Critical Strike reliant on Power Attack due to swapping the resource names somehow I can see, but this was an error inside the 2da itself.

Might just be something went slightly wrong during the install. 

18 hours ago, Thacobell said:

On my install, it has Power Attack as a pre req. Might be an install specific bug.

Nope, the mod has a weird little typo. Will be fixed in the next update.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:12 AM, Guest Alkaid said:

The HLA table has a bunch of junk (blank) entries referring to things that don't really exist. Like "AP_D5SRC2Q"

Supposed to be bonus spell slots. When I overhauled and improved the compatibility of the semi-spontaneous systems, these .SPL files changed their name. In fact I set up clones in the Bards component just for these HLAs... but forgot to update the base table to use the new spells.

If you want to, you can edit your HLA table and change "AP_D5SRC1Q" to "AP_D5BRDS1," etc. Might want to add each lower number the prereq. column of the next number up. (Or not. Whatever.)

This will also be fixed in the next update.

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, Thacobell said:

That's really weird.

It just says

GA_SPCL906           *
GA_SPCL905           AP_SPCL905

...when it should say:

GA_SPCL906           *
GA_SPCL905           AP_SPCL906

...in the model HLA table that is used as the basis for all of the bard kit tables. So that typo propagates to all of the new bard kits.

Easy fix, though - my favorite kind.

Some bugfixing:

The v4.13 update fixes that HLA issue, and makes some back-end fixes for better compatibility with FnP and SoB, and fixes the Weapon Focus feat, and makes the Weapon Focus feat work properly for Bladesingers.

Also if you have a mod installed first that allows thieves to use wands, then the UMD feat will not be enabled.  (Installation of the UMD feat will undo the efforts of such other mods... now MnG is deferential if you have installed them first.)

I have encountered a couple issues with the revised bard kits. I have a lot of mods installed, however, so they might originate from elsewhere.

1. The Jinxer's bad luck emanation also affects himself.

2. The rats conjured by the Meistersinger's innate ability are all called "Rabbit".

3. Tooltip names for the abilities don't seem to be present in many cases, for example the Meistersinger's druid spells listed under the Cast Spell button.

"Maybe" weird thing with Revised Archery and Add Elven Archer

- Clean game V2.6.6.0; same effect on both BGEE/Dlcmerger or BG2EE; installation of only one component.

- The installations go well with no warnings and the kit descriptions keep showing the vanilla archer. Idem for the other M&G kits (Marksman, sniper, ...) they show the description of the vanilla archer!

- I don't know if this comes from my side but i did investigate a while before deciding to report. 

Hi,

Firstly, great mod ! I love it !

I just wanted to report a small bug and a fix, and didn't know where else to do it. Best would be to pm the author, but I did not figure out how to do it.

In component 210_revised_bards.tpa, there is code missing to read npc constitution when assigning a new multiclass bard kit to existing skalds. If any other mod added a skald, then it will cause component installation to fail. To fix this, one may add "READ_BYTE 0x23d npc_con" just before line 5460 (just before the variable is used). That same code is used for the other bard kits, but was forgotten for skalds.

Subtledoctor,

I've got both installed:

~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // Feat System: 4.13
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #210 // Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards: 4.13

And trying to understand Feats and Bards:

• Documentation states that single-class rangers, unkitted fighters, and thieves get Feats - but no mention of bards.
  • But Garrick has 1 Feat under Special Abilities.
  • And creating a new Gallant PC results in 2 Feats.
  • Digging under the hood - Is the below a complete list of classes that receive Feats?

image.png.2cf13bdc0c47ce81ac6c4cf6c47fd96d.png

• If so, a new Barbarian gets none.