Unearthed Arcana presents Might & Guile: tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues

Idea: as part of the 'Revised Stalker' component, maybe remove Stalkers' ability to cast druid spells, and give them Find Traps and maybe Detect Illusions skills instead. In other words, under the hood, move them from the underlying Ranger class to the Monk class. The can get access to certain magic via the 'Shadow Pool' and/or 'Illusion Pool' feats, as innate abilities.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think my new idea for a 'Combat Skills' system that combines proficiencies and feats should go in this mod, as an update to the feat system, rather than in Scales of Balance.

Hi guys, I keep getting this error whenever I try to install the Improved rangers component from the newer version:

//Installing [Improved Rangers] [4.25.1]
//Copying and patching 1 file ...
//Copying 1 file ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//Appending to files ...
//ERROR: cannot convert stalker_row or %stalker_row% to an integer
//ERROR: [sneakatt.2da] -> [override/sneakatt.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
//Stopping installation because of error.
//Stopping installation because of error.
//ERROR Installing [Improved Rangers], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall   7 files for [might_and_guile\might_and_guile.tp2] component 240.
//Uninstalled      7 files for [might_and_guile\might_and_guile.tp2] component 240.
//ERROR: Not_found
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-might_and_guile.debug and look for support at: SubtleD
//Automatically Skipping [Improved Rangers] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 419438 string entries
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Rangers
//WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.
//
//WARNING: MIGHT_AND_GUILE:240 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2

I am installing thru PI.

Any help will be appreciated.

(The WeiDu.log says I am using an older version but it's just the log I use for my install, I am using the newest version)

WeiDU.log

Edited by TheGreatGandalf
5 hours ago, TheGreatGandalf said:

whenever I try to install the Improved rangers component

Onto which game?

It sounds like your version of SNEAKATT.2da doesn't have a row for stalkers. But, I checked on all my versions of BGEE 2.6, BG2EE 2.6, IWDEE 2.6, and SoD 2.5. and they all have a row for Stalkers in SNEAKATT.2da. Maybe some other mod you installed overwrote that file and it removed that row? Or something messed with the column count in that file?

It's hard for me to diagnose it any further on the information given. If you can figure out what SNEAKATT.2da looks like at the moment before MnG is going to be installed, you could fix it, and/or I could see what's going on and maybe put a workaround in the MnG code.

1 hour ago, Quester said:

Unfortunately there are some display issues with the Feat system of MnG and the Dragonspear UI

Yeah UI mods that mess with the spellbook screen/sequencer creation screen can prevent Kjeron’s spell-learning function from working, and the feat system (and various other parts of several of my mods) use the spell-learning function. If a UI mod isn’t compatible with that function, then it isn’t compatible with a handful of mods that use it.

I am doing an EET install.

The only mod that seems to also change the same file is the Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options mod, but how that could mess with MnG I have no idea.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t fix this for the current version, going back to an older version seemed to fix it though so I will just play as is.

I would like to assist but I just want to play right now. I was finally able to get my mod list working on PI after the 8th attempt, proud of it.

I apricate the offer however Thanks!

5 hours ago, Quester said:

I am not able to see the feats I have selected anywhere in the character record screen. Is this because of the Dragonspear UI, or is it the same no matter the UI?

There is no facility in the game engine to record such things on the character record screen. Most feats can be found in your spellbook; usually the cleric spellbook, unless you are a ranger or something and can cast cleric spells, in which case (most) feats are recorded in your wizard spellbook. In the base game UI you can open the spellbook with non-spellcasters and see what is there, even though it is greyed out. With a modded UI, I have no idea how your spellbook screens work. :undecided:

Edited by subtledoctor
On 3/20/2022 at 4:26 AM, Mordekaie said:

Thanks for your reply and time.

About "210- Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards" installation with warning, there is the following line in the corresponding debug file :

WARNING: no effects altered on d5mcfb1.spl      (i don't know if it is of any help for you)

I may give a try with Bardic Wonder kits. Does thsi mod fit with your Bard overhaul

I may also install Bardic Wonder. What do you think ? Are they compatible ?

I'm actually getting this error too. I have several mods, but I can't find anything referencing this file in any of them. Not sure what's causing it or if it's something I can ignore. Did you have any problems from this?

31 minutes ago, Midnight Voyager said:

I'm actually getting this error too. I have several mods, but I can't find anything referencing this file in any of them. Not sure what's causing it or if it's something I can ignore. Did you have any problems from this?

It’s not an error, just a harmless “warning.” Don’t worry about it, it doesn’t signify anything. 

As far as the Bardic Wonder kits: they are not affected by this component. That mod adds new kits in the bard class; this mod adds new game mechanics and new ‘bard’ kits in the fighter/mage, thief/mage, cleric/thief, and thief classes. The content from both mods can happily coexist (you might have to fiddle with the settings.ini file)… but the Bardic Wonder kits will use the vanilla bard class and mechanics, while the MnG kits will use the new mechanics in a variety of mostly multiclasses.

17 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

It’s not an error, just a harmless “warning.” Don’t worry about it, it doesn’t signify anything. 

As far as the Bardic Wonder kits: they are not affected by this component. That mod adds new kits in the bard class; this mod adds new game mechanics and new ‘bard’ kits in the fighter/mage, thief/mage, cleric/thief, and thief classes. The content from both mods can happily coexist (you might have to fiddle with the settings.ini file)… but the Bardic Wonder kits will use the vanilla bard class and mechanics, while the MnG kits will use the new mechanics in a variety of mostly multiclasses.

Ah, great, thank you!

Ok, the M&G revamped bards with 5E spell casting has always been wonky for me (I think I found an ini setting to disable it, and have set it up as such for a reinstall now).

See the screenshots - obviously this is (probably) happening due to many mods installed, but Eldoth is a M&G revised bard (Jinxer) and has an innate castable of 15 of every spell in game, as well as an effect being re-applied non-stop (immunity to 206).  I accidentally cut off the scroll bar in that screenshot, but it's tiny (there are thousands of this effect on him already).

This is now at the point where it deadlocks the game if I attempt to rest with Eldoth in party (and stutters terribly even if not resting).

When I first got him, it was outside Friendly Arm Inn (move npcs to convenient locations) and he had what looked like a normal revised bard spell selection - however, at some point after taking him to Beregost and doing a couple of his new Skie quests (I have some Skie + Eldoth mods) this craziness ensued.

I'm going to see if he has any odd interactions on a clean install where I've got the 5E bard casting set to 0 in the d5 ini file.  Other bard kit users seemed ok, just Eldoth being crazy (and I also noticed his innate to make poison arrows had disappeared).

eldoth1.png

eldoth2.png

eldoth3.png

I would really consider not using EEKeeper on a megamod install. NearInfinity works better for such and a more native solution on Linux afterall.

Also, the last pre-EET compatible version of Vanishing of Skie Silvershield actually deleted his Poisoned Arrows innate (I noticed and fixed this during the EET update), so it could be other mods as well. And IIRC that is the mod which moves him there, so I'd check if you have the latest update of that one.

Edited by Graion Dilach