Unearthed Arcana presents Might & Guile: tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues

4 hours ago, ahungry said:

M&G revamped bards with 5E spell casting has been wonky

What is that program in your screenshot? EEKeeper? EEkeeper is hostile to a number of my mods, if you are fidlling with characters in EEKeeper between play sessions, it is going to mess things up. I don't know how or why, and nobody is maintaining EEKeeper to explain or fix it. it is abandonware, with bugs that will seemingly never get fixed. I suggest you use Near Infinity to edit savegames and characters, instead.

has an innate castable of 15 of every spell in game, as well as an effect being re-applied non-stop (immunity to 206)

Being immune to opcode 206 will indeed cause you to get lots of castings of every spell, as the mod  vitally requires that a lot of op206 effects be applied in order to control your spellcasting and simulate spell slots. My mod definitely, definitely does not make you immune to opcode 206. If you can find out what does, then you will find out what mod is causing my mods to malfunction for you. (It might be EEKeeper? Honestly I have no idea what EEKeeper does and this wouldn't surprise me.)

On the other hand... it sure seems from your screenshot  that you have a lot  of op206 effects on your character? In fact they seem to be  the correct 206 effects. Hang on... looking closer, it looks like you are somehow getting all of the multiclass sorcerer innate abilities. But that should not be happening. What kit does Eldoth have? If you changed it, what mod did you use to do so? Can you identify the kit's CLAB file (if he is a mage/thief Jinxer, then it is d5_jinx.2da) and attach it here? And also attach clabma01.2da? EDIT - and qd_mcm01.spl

Edited by subtledoctor

This is now at the point where it deadlocks the game if I attempt to rest with Eldoth in party (and stutters terribly even if not resting)

Crash when resting is because Eldoth has >255 spells memorized and one of your party members is injured. That crash is a known game bug, unrelated to this mod. (Though, whatever is making your game think Eldoth is a multclass sorcerer is what is giving him >255 spells.) I don't think anything here causes stuttering - that is usually related to scripts. Unless you  mean there are a few seconds of stutter after resting as the game tries to give him 15 castings of every sorcerer spell. But  that stutter 1) should go away once he has all the spells, and 2) is a secondary symptom of whatever went wrong  to make your game treat him as a multiclass sorcerer.

1 hour ago, ahungry said:

I'll see if this issue persists when 5E casting is disabled.

Everything with "d5z" is related to 5E casting, so of course that will all disappear if you don't use 5E casting. But, it doesn't look like the bardic 5E casting was actually misbehaving at all, so your troubleshooting is in the wrong direction.  The "d5x" stuff is related to Tome & Blood multiclass sorcerers. So that may persist in your new game.

Also, you didn't post a weidu.log. Always post  a weidu.log when posting about problems. I can see how there might be an interaction between TnB and MnG that might do something like this... but only due  to a bug that I fixed a couple weeks ago. So you might just need to grab updated versions of the mods.

I accidentally cut off the scroll bar in that screenshot, but it's tiny (there are thousands of this effect on him already).

Also there are only about ~300 such effects in the game, so the only way there could be thousands would be if they are duplicated many times. Rather than generalizing to "thousands" it would be useful to know how many actual 206 are effecting him. If they are duplicating over and over I  would like to know.

Also is he wearing some kind of magic item that gives bonus spell slots? That could have something to do with it (and would probably also be fixed by grabbing updated versions of the mods) but you didn't mention what he was wearing when you saw this behavior.

Edited by subtledoctor

Hi  @subtledoctor - thanks for taking the time to respond.  I did not use EEKeeper to modify the save in anyway, just to visualize my save file (until you and @Graion Dilach mentioned it, I didn't realize NI offered this feature as well).

Upon adding Eldoth to the party he had the Jinxer class from (I believe) M&G - a multiclass Thief/Mage.

At this time, he didn't have any increased casting slot items, and I had not used the npc_ee customization book either.

When making more than one save, his 206 immunity kept increasing (I'm sorry, I don't see a way to get the exact count of this effect short of scripting something to read the save file ; edit: I'm also probably phrasing this wrong - those lines in the screenshot perhaps are not immunity to opcode 206, but rather applications of opcode 206 (with various param1/2 settings to enable this immunity to other things)). 

From what I can tell, something kept appending new instances of the effect (pretty frequently - more than 1 per second).

Fortunately, I just happened to upload a sprunge ( http://sprunge.us/3Ot32Y ) of my weidu.log the other day - my current weidu.log no longer matches, as I nuked my install.

I believe in this thread or elsewhere, I mentioned some of my other 5E casting difficulties ( mod added spells not being present, or getting in scenarios where the bard had no spells at all ).  This previous mention was when I was using a M&G that gave an explicit prompt to add 5e bard casting or not - I see the current version (and what is in my weidu.log in the sprunge link) has it coupled to the bard component.  My most recent reinstall found the ini file to disable this option (hopefully ensuring it is turned off, although I like it from the idea concept, my large collection of mods just causes too much entanglement/problems in compatibility I assume).

Edited by ahungry

Okay just to address things:

- You definitely want newer versions of the mod (and TnB and FnP). 

- Some mod-added spells may of course not work with 5E casting and multiclass sorcerers… these mods look for spells that can be learned from scrolls, and/or conform to the game’s usual SPPR/SPWI standards. If other mods add spells without conforming to those standards there’s nothing I can do about it. So this is normal behavior. 

- MnG has never had an explicit choice for the casting style of revised bards?

- I’m not filled with confidence about the .ini choice, because again I don’t see evidence of anything going wrong with MnG from your screenshots. Your issues seemed related to Tome & Blood. You just happened to have a MnG kit when you experienced it.

- Appending new instances of an effect every second is not something the mod can do? It’s weird, that sounds like something baldur.bcs could do, but this mod doesn’t touch baldur.bcs. 

- Also I’m a bit confused because the effects in your screenshot - anything with the “d5z_” prefix - are specifically related to bonus spell slot items. 

In any event I took the time to install TnB and MnG and I can’t see anything like this happening. To really figure out your situation I would need to see splstate.ids, d5_jinx.2da, qd_mcm01.spl, and eldoth.cre. And maybe a couple other things. Failing that, the only possible explanation I can guess at involves a doubled-up spellstate, which as I said is a bug that has already been fixed for a while in the latest versions of these mods. 

So I think there's nothing that needs to be done at the moment. But let me know if you see anything weird in your next install, of course!

Edited by subtledoctor

I have a doozy of a problem here.

So I was fighting this bug for days, I absolutely could not figure out what was causing seemingly random dialog options in SoD to display the wrong strings. I have finally gotten the sense to crack open Near Infinity and look at one of the examples myself.

There's a dialog option in this conversation that is bard only. This mod adds a new one that looks for the new bard classes, it looks like? That option has the wrong strings. The strings are 200000 off the correct number. So it's breaking bard-only SoD dialog options, or at least displaying the wrong text on them.

I don't know if anything else is working wrong, I'm afraid. I stopped my game when I realized options were breaking, because I was afraid my talktable was messed up. Added my install sequence just in case.

InstallSequence.csv

Edited by Midnight Voyager

EET. When I got a dialog option that's bard-only as a multiclass bard, the option text was clearly wrong. I think it was some of Cespenar's dialog.

I should add: the dialog in question was with the plotting nobles in the room next to Minsc and Dynaheir. It happened to a few later ones, that's the one I was using for testing trying to find the mod doing it,

Edited by Midnight Voyager
clarity

Okay, I had a look, and apparently the dialogue patches for Revised Bards were implemented before I had EET, and they use static STRREFs. So that portion of that component only fully works with the actual SoD game, not EET

I’ll have a fixed version up soon. But for games in progress it won’t help you. I guess my advice is, 1) you can be comforted that this only affects 1-2 responses in about 15 dialogues in the SoD portion, it’s not a broader problem with game strings; 2) you can just ignore the weird text and go through those dialogues as if you were not a bard; or, 3) you can select the weird text answers and it will get you the little bonus XP awards etc. for being a bard - you won’t get to read the real text, it won’t harm anything.

EDIT - maybe I can make up a little hotfix mod for games in progress. I might have thought of a way. I’ll look into it when I can. 

2 hours ago, Midnight Voyager said:

While I'm thinking about it: Might this also have messed with the Bard's Hat from the DLC in EET?

Yeah. it converts  the hat to mimic the new bard song system (since they don't have the same duration limits anymore) so now  it just applies the basic 'luck' bard song permanently, allowing your bard to use a different song and you get the effects of two songs for the price of one.  (Plus a headgear slot.)

Request: Add an option in this mod or another mod that makes "Set Trap" (normal and special traps) work automatically regardless of skill level since failing to set a trap is a time-wasting reload or set of reloads.  Epic Thieving still uses Set Trap skill #s to grant higher level traps, meaning the skill still has some use.

Thankee!