Got it running on Nexus 7

tormentor

Hey,

I've been following this thread (have an N7, same version, etc) trying to get GemRB to load as well.

Just thought I'd post some info I've figured out while trying it out.

* The OpenAL failure appears to be due to the library openal not being initialised at startup (the GemRB code calls openal, which in turn tries to access a JNI which hasnt been initialised)

* SDL does a similar thing, but in this case, it DOES get initialised and that's why that bit doesn't crash.

* Google consensus suggests GemRB loads the SDL library on startup (searched for how to initiliase libraries at startup)

* This is done in GemRB.java which references the SDL library

* Attempt at doing the same thing for openal by me has been met with failure (cant extend a class by multiple classes)

Other stuff:

* Peyla's build doesn't include gemrb any more

* found references in git log for gemrb about removing all reference of peyla, (maybe the build script has that reference as a leftover artifcact)

Going to go carry on poking around - pretty sure theres a way around this.

Yeah, pelya used a custom sdl port, which we used initially (before sdl2 was even named). I suggested perhaps trying his packaging of openal.

Doesn't get initialised? We use a loadLibrary call for it like with SDL2. Unless it doesn't go by "openal" for some reasons or more than that is needed.

Thanks for investigating!

Aha!

Yes, I managed to chain classes together in the java build and got it working.

So was fiddling with the prep_env to build the extra folders, and noticed the exact library injection lines you just pointed out!

Will clone fresh and build to see what happens...

Self compiled version fails to run now. See attachment

meh, attachment failed.

screenshot_2015-10-11-20-48-44.png

Where's the net.sourceforge.gemrb-1 coming from? In my case, it's net.sourceforge.gemrb where the app is installed. Also there is a libpython tarball in the gemrb git checkout, but apparently some paths were changed in the install script or something.

Building for android isn't hard now; you just need to follow the readme. This means installing the android SDK and NDK, running the prep_env script, running ndk-build && ant debug. You'll need a Linux system, but Ubuntu is free :D

Otherwise, poke someone on the forum if you want a fresh build.

ah, that should be trivial - the filename is actually libpython2.6.so. Gimme 5. :)

edit: done and refreshed the build on sourceforge. Oh, this time an "-unsigned" version if it makes any difference.

Archived