Tormentor's BG2 bug thread

tormentor

re mage book: yes, that's where I added it. I ignored the "mage book" part, so it would be more correct for sorcerers too.

To avoid this sort of problem when talking about SR, we refer to all mage/sorcerer/bard spells as arcane spells and all cleric/paladin/druid/ranger spells as divine spells.

Yep, that would work.

tormentor: there are no new files, but I managed to reproduce the totemic druid problem on a different install. Looks like the changes to that particular spell in the fixpack removed the problem (level fix).

OK, will try with the fixpack then. That does however mean that the fixpack is now a requirement of gemRB, then. You should make that clear to users.

The fixpack is also its entirely own can of worms, for instance I can't run fixpack 10 because I get crashes... maybe it would be easier to #ifdef something in GemRB?

Edit: I see you did that already.

Looking at your commit list, I gotta say you're doing awesome work lynx. Hats off!

#31: It is possible to break the dialogue of the sewer golem who is supposed to open the doors in Irenicus' dungeon. Talk to the creatures in the room full of jars, Minsc will make an interjection about bottles. Talk to that tortured one again and he'll have nothing to say to you. Afterwards, the sewer golem will have nothing to say to you either and the doors will not open. FIXED

The creature that caused Minc to interject about bottles is the only one that doesn't become inactive or vanishes after talking, perhaps that is what breaks this.

#32: special abilities. It should be possible to click the bottom bar outside of the special abilities buttons to return to the default GUI. The same is true for the spellcasting button bar. NOTABUG Needs right click /long tap into game window, but works.

#33: the totemic druid summons war dogs instead of spirit wolves, lions, bears and snakes. FIXED

#34: unidentified items are not highlighted blue in the android version.

#31 worksforme. You do know that the activation stone is on the table and not given by Reliev?

#32 we use right-clicking for that, so that if you do it over the game window, you don't also start an action (eg. move)

#33 fixed

#34 interesting, noted. Do the blood/damage indicators on the portraits work?

#31 yeah, I had the stone in my inventory. Does the creature in the jar (the one where Minsc interjects) vanish after talking for you? Granted, a lot of people won't talk to the jar people / won't click on that specific creature twice so it's a rare one.

#32 ok, right clicking into the game window does restore default button bar. Not a bug then.

#34, yes, the damage overlays do work.

New one.

35. Disarmed floor traps reappear after saving and loading a game. This affects only floor traps, not traps on containers. It's free XP, but it's still a bug :)

36. In the mephit portal room, mephits attack Khalid's body.

There are still issues with dialogue triggers, Yoshimo's first dialogue also aborts after Jaheira's interjection so he never joins the party.

Possibly related is that the game tries to start the jaheira/Khalid cutscene but "Jaheira has nothing to say" which starts a loop of flickering UI.

Also after the Yoshimo dialogue fails, everyone's class is displayed as druid, not at the top of the character screen but in the text box with the stats. This might come from Jaheira or from the main character who is a totemic druid. That sequence around the Yoshimo meet is very spazzy ATM.

#31 I'll need exact steps to reproduce. Minsc comment near the jars went without problem.

I get the Yoshi extern fail too though. Interesting regression. Fixed, it should clear all dialog problems. Also Khalid can RIP now.

#35 some traps are resetting, ie. can't be permanently removed.

Yoshi dialogue works now and he can join the party. EDIT: You can still break it so he has "nothing to say" by telling him you never heard of him, which in the original leads to an Imoen interjection which seems broken.

Jaheira/Khalid cutscene still has some niggles, it fails once ("Jaheira has nothing to say") then starts running, but the dialogue options are now jumbled - clicking one will activate another. (same in vanilla) Also at the end of the cutscene, "Imoen has nothing to say" and then Imoen starts her "leaving the party" dialogue out of the blue: "Well, that's gratitude for you..." Imoen is supposed to say something to Jaheira here, which she does but only after acting as if she was just kicked out of the party. o_O

From this, I glean that Imoen is the problem :)

A good way to test stuff in dungeons is to cast invisibility on everyone and walk past all monsters. Druids' Pixie Dust is good because it lasts extremely long (the druid has to level once which happens by freeing Minsc/Jaheira.) You can walk all the way through Irenicus' dungeon like this, with the entire party invisible, and you'll only have to fight the mephit portals because they unlock the door there (a haste spell comes in handy.) You'll have to get the portal key from Ellesime's room but that's easy with Imoen. You can also talk to the key golem without becoming visible. Useful trick.

edit: Well, you'll have to kill 3 goblins near Irenicus' room because they block the path, but wth.

37. Crash when trying to travel from Waukeen's Promenade to the Slums. FIXED

Might this have anything to do with it:

[ResourceManager]: Found 'beggar3.cre' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'beggar1.cre' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'beggar1.cre' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'beggar2.cre' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'slumf1.cre' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'waylane.cre' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'waylane.bcs' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'backstab.2da' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'homeless.cre' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'tirthold.cre' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager]: Found 'pries6a.bcs' in 'chitin.key'.
[ResourceManager/WARNING]: 'staff01.itm' not found...
[interface/ERROR]: Nonexistent random item (bad table entry) detected: staff01
[CREImporter/ERROR]: Invalid item index (0) in creature!

Summon Insects is fixed now, I just saw.

A good way to test stuff in dungeons is to cast invisibility on everyone and walk past all monsters. Druids' Pixie Dust is good because it lasts extremely long (the druid has to level once which happens by freeing Minsc/Jaheira.) You can walk all the way through Irenicus' dungeon like this, with the entire party invisible, and you'll only have to fight the mephit portals because they unlock the door there (a haste spell comes in handy.) You'll have to get the portal key from Ellesime's room but that's easy with Imoen. You can also talk to the key golem without becoming visible. Useful trick.

edit: Well, you'll have to kill 3 goblins near Irenicus' room because they block the path, but wth.

Are you not aware we have cheat keys and a console? no need to be a particular class or anything just ctrl+y on every enemy all the way to the end mwahahaha!

Archived