I might have found a way how to create a monk multi-class

ProudCzech

The fists are created in "hand to hand" slot and this slot CANNOT be saved. (There is no "hand to hand" slot in saved game.)

Erhm, are you sure ?

If it's just a normal item, and you use the opcode 143 with parameter 1 at 35, it's created in the first weapon slot the character has. He can use the other slots for other weapons, but this will be bound to that weapon.... especially if you make it unmovable with the item property flag.

I know ablout the #143, but as I told you before, if I use this, I'll practically l lose the fisrt slot for another weapon. I am already playing the monk/sorcerer and I have 2 other weapons equiped for their effects. When I want to use the monk fist, I simply throw one of them away.

Thanks to the #183, it actually change classical fist to monk fist in every detail of use. But when you opened the save game in ShadowKeeper, there is no Hand to Hand slot, so it's not saved (and therefore it disappear when I load the game). I would need a picture to explain it perfectly.

When I tried it in the new game, I have 3/2 attacks per round, but when I equip a long sword, it changed to 5 attacks per round (unfortunately permanently).

Well, you do know you can set the effect to use while equipped too, not the permanent... so instead of timing mode 1, you use timing mode 2, in the effects offset 0x24.

Yeah, but did you try that. :D The game crashes if you don't set it permanent. I don't know why. :D

You don't need to "trick" NI to get the name of the EFF into any particular field. Right-click on an entry and you'll get the option to edit the field as binary, string, hex, etc. Just choose string.

Answer:

That's why I believe that the "Unused box" in the effect #183 should be changed to "Choose EFF file" in the next version of Near Infinity, because otherwise you have to put it there manualy in HEX or you have to use the trick with #177.

Archived