SCS — BG:EE , on INSANE (far right scroll) difficulty setting.

frostysh

Erhm, nothing to do with how fast the character is hit, but the amount varies, see the damage 2 is 1/16 probable, the 3 is 2/16, 4 is 3/16, and 5 is 4/16( or 1/4), 6 is 3/16, 7 is 2/16 and 8 is 1/16, if the hit lands.

o_O .
So, I am not got a point, indeed...
I think your opinion must be dedicated to the large numbers of the events. Or Probaility is not 1/8.
I.e. with if roll the 8-dice 1000 times in a row , that looks like approximately 50% of the rolled numbers will be 4, or something like that, and so on... .
Bu if you would complete only one event , that looks like probability will be 1/8 for the -each- value. If yours dice is fair enought , fo course.

number of
the single roll

10 000| ..
| .____.
| .| | |.
1 000| . | | | .
| . | | | .
500| . | | | .
| . | | | .

|_________|_|__|__________ value of
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 the rolled numbers

Edited: damn , my amazing plot has been destroyed by evil magic of this forum ... neverless I think you get a point what I want to say to you. >_< .

{4, 6} avarage values. If we will do more events, then curve will be more sharp.

Of course , I am dumb as hell :/ . But can you explain to me, please what things is going on . Just for clear case.

There's no xp penalties, you can kill 1000sends of goblins with each giving the very same amount of xp everytime.
The rule you describe only applies in the Icewind Dale 2 game. And no, the monsters in this game don't have any "levels"... in the same sense.

Me happy about that. :)

BG is so addicted for me ... :( Lot of time it tooks from me, :S .
Thanx for the answers.

If you want to play with more NPCs, try changing your party every few "days" by leaving some NPCs at an inn while you take other NPCs.

You might miss a few quests from BG1NPC if certain NPCs are not with you at the right time. If you care, you can look at the spoilers of that mod (google BG1NPC readme).

You might miss a few quests from BG1NPC if certain NPCs are not with you at the right time. If you care, you can look at the spoilers of that mod (google BG1NPC readme).

And you'll miss their whole romance plots usually, as those require commitment ...

1d8 damage probability: it'S 12.5% for each.

2d4damage probability:

for 1 it's zero,

for 2 it's 6.25%,

for 3 it's 12.5%,

for 4 it's 18.75%,

for 5 it's 25%,

for 6 it's 18.75%,

for 7 it's 12.5%,

for 8 it's 6.25%,

&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;

And you'll miss their whole romance plots usually, as those require commitment ...

1d8 damage probability: it'S 12.5% for each.

2d4damage probability:

for 1 it's zero,

for 2 it's 6.25%,

for 3 it's 12.5%,

for 4 it's 18.75%,

for 5 it's 25%,

for 6 it's 18.75%,

for 7 it's 12.5%,

for 8 it's 6.25%,

&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;

So I missunderstood that you talks about 2d4 Proba. Sorry.

Now I see:

dice one {1, 2, 3, 4} ; dice two {1, 2, 3, 4} - {1}{1}, {1}{2}, {1}{3}, {1}{4}, {2}{1}, {2}{2}, {2}{3}, {2}{4}, {3}{1}, {3}{2}, {3}{3}, {3}{4}, {4}{1}, {4}{2}, {4}{3}, {4}{4}. we summaze it , so we do not take care in which order that happens.

___1__2_3__4..........

|1.|11|12|13|14..........

|2.|21|22|23|24..........

|3.|31|32|33|34..........

|4.|41|42|43|44..........

___1__2_3_4..........

|1.|_2|_3|_4|_5..........

|2.|_3|_4|_5|_6..........

|3.|_4|_5|_6|_7..........

|4.|_5|_6|_7|_8..........

I.e. wee needs Probability {dice one} + {dice 2} = 1 - it is impossible, because dices have no zero sides. And we always rolling two dices, both of them.

Probability {dice one} + {dice two} = 2 . 2 = 1 {dice one} + 1 {dice two} , only one posibility . So P(2) = number of "ways" that we get 1 , divide to the all posible "ways" -&amp;amp;gt; P(2) = 1/16 , 3 = 1 {dice one} + 2 {dice two}; 3 = 2 {dice one} + 1 {dice two}. So we gave two "ways", P(3) = 2/16 = 1/8 ; What event has maximum Probability? I do not know :( But it is obviously that the number five, seems to be the most relevant answer in this case. :)

Did I got the true point now?

Chapter 1-2:

My sentimental Skull of the first defeated Skeleton, did good work for me. Never mind that such a thing would be useful in some case, whahaha !

Annoying Iron Plague , make me sad.. eating the weapons of my party :(

Location by location, monster by monster , step by step, my party carefully closing ups to the Nashkel-city from North. I fully explored every location on the way.

Near some beautiful lake, party was meet some white-haired elf dude, in the green coast . When I was little child , I had read some book about that elf, "Two swords" , or something ,, but I did not liked that book , because too much of the gore level for me.

Defeated some pack of bandits (THIEF + ARCHER + MAGE), my tactics was simple - fight vs them one by one. At last my party have some Gold Points for things :) .

The fight against Vampiric Wolf , was funny, and LONG enough ... that because only my party's THIEF have the magical Short Sword - The Whistling Sword +2, (stupid dog immune to the all kinds of the non-magical weapon :( ) , newer less with support of the DRUID/FIGHTER and help of the RPG's GODS, evil dog R.I.P. :)

So my party safely reached the Nashkel-city: (but looks like the village...). Enemy magicians VERY like to cast some kind of the PERMANENT stun , which has the insane time-duration, that is not good at all, but unless my RANGER and DRUID did not stunned thing seems to going well...

In the Nashkel-city I had been saw Minsc dude (the same Minsc from the Tutorial, with his hamster - Boo) . Minsc said that I need to help him, I agreed . So for adventurer's party way leads to the Goblin's Stronghold - West of Nashkel .

West of Nashkel:

The Party wiped out some locations, found 3 strange dudes - DLD , or DDL , or LDD , sounds like "ACDC" - newer less I got an autograph from them.

Now my party can easy beat ups almost all kind of the bandits, a robbers , that I had meet on the my way.

And the 'haps something terrible! My RANGER , said: " Quickly Find for me Bandits Camp, or I will find help elsewhere" ! He have the stupid quest with the TIMER. and nothing , and nowhere has been said about it! What's the hell? Maybe my avatar have quest with TIMER too? Maybe he will just blows up somewhere in the game , because I did not something in the main quest???

What the STUPID idea to plants on the quest with TIMER , and write nothing about in the journal....

So now I need to find the firkin Bandit Camp, but I hell no idea where are it is. . . And what the time I have from now? :( After I had done that quest , I will dismiss that RANGER from my party, I think so, he need a rest while, and think about his revenge..

I need PALADIN in the party , bu no paladins in the fields I saw ,... :/ .

My questions is:

--- Where are is that stupid Bandit's Camp, do not spoil too much plea, but say where it is. Like : " Reach Boreghost then get through one location to the East and then one location to the South. " For now my party is near the South-West corner of the World's Map -- Like in the old-board games :) " You are in the dusty cave, wind blow straight in your face, there are three passeges to the North, South and West. What do you want to do? ... :D ."

What the time I have until my RANGER "avenger" will left my party with?

&amp;nbsp;

Did you meet Tranzig in Beregost? He's in one of the inns.

&amp;nbsp;

I explored entire Boregost (full map , every house), but I do not remember any Tranzig . Maybe I need to look preciasly in the Inns . Maybe I did meet him , but did not remembered him.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

About the probability of the DAMAGE and numbers of the attacks per round.

I.e. my char have attack rate compare to the enemie attack rate 1/2, my char does 1 attack to the enemy and foes does 2 attack to my char.

In that case what the weapon is more preferable 1d8 or 2d4?

I think that is 1d8, and I will try to explain my opninion .

For first it is very beatuful articles on the wikihow , http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Multiple-Dice-Probabilities , and there on the coriouscheetah , http://curiouscheetah.com/BlogMath/pascals-triangle-and-dice-rolls/ .

there are is the probability of the 2d4, and 1d8 dice ..

The first column is a damage , that mean a total by die rolling., I .e. you rolled 2 time 8-die and got (1,4) total will be 5, but 5 can be reached in the different ways by rolling this die: 4 + 1 = 5, 1 + 4 = 5, 2 + 3 = 5, 3 + 2 = 5, total 4 different ways. Last column and row admitted to 5 crossing over number 4 - number of how different ways 5 can be reached .

If we need the probability, we need to divide ours number of different ways by the total number of ways for all sums . I . .e 4/64 = 1/16

Total number of ways for all sums = number of cells in the "space of ways"., or just power the number of sides of the die by number of throws I.e. total = 82 =64 .

This is the example of the space of sums by rolling 4-die 3 times ,

3d4_space.jpg

Dam||1h.2d4||1h.1d8||2h.2d4||2h.1d8

......1..|.....0........|........1........|.....0.....|........0........|

......2..|.....1........|........1........|.....0.....|........1........|

......3..|.....2........|........1........|.....0.....|........2........|

......4..|.....3........|........1........|.....1.....|........3........|

......5..|.....4........|........1........|.....4.....|........4........|

.....6..|.....3........|........1........|.....10....|........5........|

.....7..|.....2........|........1........|.....20....|........6........|

.....8..|.....1........|........1........|.....31....|........7........|

.....9..|.....0........|........0........|.....40....|........8........|

....10.|.....0........|........0........|.....44....|........7........|

....11.|.....0........|........0........|.....40....|........6........|

....12.|.....0........|........0........|.....31....|........5........|

....13.|.....0........|........0........|.....20....|........4........|

....14.|.....0........|........0........|.....10....|........3........|

.....15.|.....0........|........0........|.....4.....|........2........|

.....16.|.....0........|........0........|.....1.....|........1........|

So , probability of damage 4 or 5 or 6 with 2d4, by one hit like to seems will be 3/16 + 4/16 + 3/16 = 10/16 = 5/8 , porbability of damage 6 or 5 or 4 with 1d8, by one hit seems to like will be 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 = 3/8 , but 7 or 8 damage will have probability 2/8 = 1/4 and with 2d4 it will be 2/16 + 1/16 = 3/16 . 3/16 &lt; 4/16 , it is obliously. So if my char\enemy hit rate is 1/1 or less I need to use weapon with more sided dice. Like a 1d8 .

probability of 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 damage with 2 hits by 2d4 seems likely will be : 10/256 + 12/256 + 12/256 + 10/256 = 11/64 , probability of 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 damage with 2 hits by 1d8 seems likely will be : 5/64 + 6/64 + 7/64 + 8/64 = 26/64 , obviously 11/64 &lt; 26/64 , so 1d8 ispreffered in any case, it is so?! O_o.

I am dumb as hell , so it is may be wrong enough ...

Thanx for the answers.

P.S. The stupid addiction , I need to play :).

I explored entire Boregost (full map , every house), but I do not remember any Tranzig . Maybe I need to look preciasly in the Inns . Maybe I did meet him , but did not remembered him.

Like Mike implied, he will only be there if, and only if you have already gone through the Nashkel Mines and opened the chest and looted the documents at the last room of the mine(as this will trigger that chapter change cinematic).

Spoiler:

Tranzig is in the Feldepost's Inn, on the second floor.

&amp;nbsp;

Like Mike implied, he will only be there if, and only if you have already gone through the Nashkel Mines and opened the chest and looted the documents at the last room of the mine(as this will trigger that chapter change cinematic).

Spoiler:

Tranzig is in the Feldepost's Inn, on the second floor.

&amp;nbsp;

So I cannot reach the Tranzig for now , because my party still did not explored the Nashkel Mines.

Chapter 1 - 2 .

Rescuing the Minsc's Friend.

I tryed to search out the Bandits Camp (many reloading ago..), but I have no success yet. And more till I had trying to search it , my second RANGER said: "I need to resque my friend , help or I will gone!" - so I decided to help my second RANGER, because the rescuing the "live one" fellah more important then avenging the dead one.

At last , after some nice quests solved for a children NPC's , my party reached

The Gnoll Stronghold:

Unfortunately I did not suppose to pay for a passage (100 gold point is still have some value for me).

My party had been entered in the my first cave in this game :) , cave was filled with some blue-skin humanoids. And I had found some book about Charisma (books weight is 25 pounds O_o.), my charso is the good one , so I think +1 to Charisma will be useful. Almost always, when my party has been slept at the night , blue-skins attacks ;/ , in the addition that stuff, my party had lost the last of wepons for the party fighters :( ( the stupid, stupid Iron Plague), so my FIGHTER and RANGER-BERSERK must to fight on with the Gloll's Bardiches ....

All of Gnolls in The Stronghold has been seized, and searching the friend of Minsc took at least a HOUR OF REAL TIME! :( :( :( That it is happening because the stupid ISOMETRIC view disallowing me to saw the prisioner in the cylindric pit.

So after rescuing Minsc' friend , I had realesed both of them , I think they must have their own way, of course I said "good luck" in the mind :) .

So, after cleaning of Stonghold my party must to come back to the avenging mission of my RANGER rather then BG's world discovering.... :(

Ihad found the "Nashkel's Carnaval:"

Nothing special about that location , but it is looks fine :), and cool animation of Dawn . My party kicked off some Ogre, then some mad magican in the tiny tent (tactics was simple - just hide bihind the book dresser if char have small amount of HP, of course hits rapedly the magy foe... ). Also my party had found the female CLERIC (I alway have the "Stone to Flesh" scrolls in the my inventories..). Fight vs gobblins or something like them , I do not remember exactly, in the North of the location was fun. But after , I decided to release the CLERIC, she need some rest after their "hardcore past"... :).

So when my party desperately trying to find where exactly is that stupid Bandit Camp, - exploring , wrong way , reloading... again :(, we were found The Farmlands:

That location is fulled by some kind of the green worms, that doing over 30 dmg with the acid O_o = instant death to any of the my characters. Neverless , simple tactics is: just close up and hit the worms with meele attacks , even my avatar with THACO ~ 22, and STR ~ 5, was pretty useful vs that kind of foes :) .

In the close range fights the worms are very weak, and they is almost always missing by acid, but sometimes they is switching to the "claws and semilegs" attack :) . So worms is a trouble only in the open spaces.

HOOREY! I had found the PALADIN, at last, so for now my party can preform "some bootie kicking for all goodness :) " . Almost wiped out the whole Framlands. But have no idea what I can do with the heavy shells of the worms. I think I can sold some them.

Some quest had been solved - "Detect Evil" by paladin dude , works perfectly! :) . I had bring the treasure to the Farmer , after wiping out the some kind of cave.

Still, I have no idea where is that stupid camp and clocks is ticks on...

My questions is:

--- "I had found the Bracers of the Brawler, or something , it should do agility of the user to 18, but when I putting it to the my FIGHTER , agility became 18 and in the inventary plot Dexteryty became from -2 without bracers to -4 with bracers on, Is that a normal habbit or that is a buged one? "

Addition: <--------------------------->

While Seeking of the Bandits Camp brought my party (levels 3, 4.) reached to the Paldvale: location

There were found some very dangerous foes - Blacktalon Elite forces. Tactics is a simple - engage them one by one, + Belt of Antipode (that seems to be found in the Candlekepp, or something.) was a very useful , by first time in the game that belt can help me :"D . Blacktalon Elite usually have a very nice Arrows of Ice! The very useful ones.

Also I have found the dark elf CLERIC (natural evil) I want help her but alignment of party is GOOD neither evil . :( so I do not know what I need to do.

My RANGER has left the party with words "Farewell." :( :( :( . So for now I do not need to search the stupid Bandit Camp ;/ . What a foolish time-based quest , again...

So my questions is:

--- "If I will recruit some heroes when my avatar will be hight level, heroes will be hight level to? I.e. my avatar will be 10th lvl, and I want to recruit The WILD MAGE in Beregost for helping her with quest, WILD MAGE will be 10th or less? After helping with quest I will release her and recruit second character - , but then my avatar lvlv will be 11th f.e. . Second character's lvl will be 11th or less? "

--- "Is MONK in the Nashkel have a some kind of the self-propelled quest? I.e. I want to solve the quest of WILD MAGE of Beregost, and then release her, and solve the quest of MONK of Nashkel - it is a good idea or it is not?"

--- "How I can reduce the script-cinematic ZOOM ?"

P.S. I do not like casual RPG's worlds , that because I do not like the imperial, fundamentalists religous , theocratic stuff , and other stupid things. I. e. "good paladins, good lords, good kings, etc" , in the human history most of the paladins was not good :( , especially their diet in the crusaders was a very not good one...

But still, this is a Fairy Tail , so I will try to belive :)

Still, I have no idea where is that stupid camp and clocks is ticks on...

Well, the mine is a little bit odd in it's design, due to the picture angle, but:

Level 0:

x_5400.jpg

Level 1:

x_5401.jpg

Level 2:

x_5402.jpg

Level 3:

x_5403.jpg

Level 4:

x_5404.jpg

That's as spoiler free as you can get from the net.

You need to get into the "cave" to get to the "treasure".

My questions is: ...

Is that a normal habbit or that is a buged one? "

Well, like the item description says, the item sets the character Dexterity to 18, it doesn't increase it by a specific amount. So put it on another character you gnome. If you have DEX already at 20, well then you most likely have OP characters and it's your own problem.

And in case your DEX was 16 and your AC went from -2 to -4, the AC -4 is better, so yeah, the item is working as it should.

&amp;nbsp;

Well, like the item description says, the item sets the character Dexterity to 18, it doesn't increase it by a specific amount. So put it on another character you gnome. If you have DEX already at 20, well then you most likely have OP characters and it's your own problem.

And in case your DEX was 16 and your AC went from -2 to -4, the AC -4 is better, so yeah, the item is working as it should.

So still, why is it a bad idea to put that artifact to the my FIGHTER, but why? O_o , FIGHTER is always has kicking by foes so I thought the DEX can help him to stay alive, I do not now how it eaxactly interact with battle abilities, but still , more DEX - a good thing, less DEX - a bad thing :) .

----------------------------------------

Thanx for the answer but it is seems to have no matters for now, I did not reach the Bandit Camp in proper time , so my RANGER is gone :( . That NPC was a very good in fight. But good that I took care about Minsc's problems and resqued his friend :) , so that worth it, and Minsc and Daheira is happy together somewhere in the Forgotten Realms. I am pretty sentimental about the fairy tails :) .

Still I do not know how to help to the dark elf CLERIC , because she want to join my party but my party is a good one and she are evil one. And reputation is increasing rapidly even with a chooses option "1/4 from original reputation rise" , and as I read in the Volothamp-Elminster's Manuals when reputation will rise to the 19-20 points, evil characters will break out from the party.

And for surely I want to spent one slot in party for characters with a quests (I think that would like a WILD MAGE from Beregost), and in future I think I will take the MONK from Nashkel :) for the my 'to tha end' party . It will be MAGE-DIVINER, THIEF, DRUID, FIGHTER, PALADIN + MONK . Only druid is neutral ,all others has good alignment. But the RANGER was a great , he was very great with DRUID'S Entangle spell, so many foes was defeated with him in party...

Still I have a lot of questions. Look at my previous post that edited.

Especially how to reduce ZOOM OUT at the script cut-scenes , it is too much for me

P.S. That was a VERY bad decision to start game with 5 STR , and 9 DEX and 7 CON on the my avatar.. My char is now like a pinata for beating! :D With only 15 pound capable weigh limit... &gt;|&lt; Only the good companions has always "giving a hand of help".

You can help the cleric(Viconia) and refuse to join her to the party. There are others more suited for your mainly good party in BG1. Jaheira yes, even though she is half fighter, Branwen is "better" in my opinion. As she doesn't come attached with the weak elf meat shield.

The reason not to use the Bracers of Dexterity on your fighter is simple, they are likely more beneficial on another character, instead of gaining 2 dex bonus, you can get a whupping 15 if you min max your main characte... yeah, power gaming is nice. But of course that's not really applicable in the BGT or EET as you need to keep the characters stat despite their equipment with a very few bonuses along the way..

"Daheira" There's no such character, Dynaheir -the character Minsc request you to rescue is a Invoker in the gnoll stronghold(the most south western map), while Jaheira is the Druid/Fighter in the Friendly Arms Inn.

I don't think there's a way to alter the zoom level in the cut scenes. But it's not like it matters, you can use your mouse scroll wheel too zoom in out all you wish.

&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;nbsp;

You can help the cleric(Viconia) and refuse to join her to the party. There are others more suited for your mainly good party in BG1. Jaheira yes, even though she is half fighter, Branwen is "better" in my opinion. As she doesn't come attached with the weak elf meat shield.

Hey! Did you just called the strongest warrior in my party with "weak meat shield" ?! :D For sure , FIGHTER and FIGHTER/DRUID from Friendly Arm Inn is very fun and good companions for me , and they will stay with my avatar till the end, I think so. I like theri jokes: "

-- FIGHTER-DRUID: " Okay your omnipresense person..."

-- FIGHTER: " WHAT!? ... Ahm, what do you need?"

:)

For the draw CLERIC from the Feldvale I have a better idead : I just take her to the party when my reputation will be 20, then I will fast rise it by 1 , so 20 - 2 + 1 = 19 , so she will just leave my party be , and I should not be like a friken racists ! That is Brilliant :D .

But Minsc was a pretty fun too! Suddenly he is gone (I released Minsc and his friend after resquining prisioner).

and Imoen like Sam, or Sam like Imoen, from the "Lord of the Rings" fairytale . Very good friend, little sister and nothing more . So that is 'core' characters for my avatar .

The reason not to use the Bracers of Dexterity on your fighter is simple, they are likely more beneficial on another character, instead of gaining 2 dex bonus, you can get a whupping 15 if you min max your main characte... yeah, power gaming is nice.

I do not know the reson why I need to spent Bracers of Brawler to the my avatar , because he almost always diyng just from one hit... He is very not fighter, indeed. And to addition he is ALWAYS are the main target for the oppounents magicans, Acid, Poison, Chromatic Orb, Magic Missles, Petrification,. .. all of that deadly stuff flying right to the my poor diviner... so he is do not need the DEX, he is need the Magic Ressist .

But usually I just hiding my 'main' behind some objects :)

--- "But of course that's not really applicable in the BGT or EET as you need to keep the characters stat despite their equipment with a very few bonuses along the way.." Do not understand you , sorry.

"Daheira" There's no such character, Dynaheir -the character Minsc request you to rescue is a Invoker in the gnoll stronghold(the most south western map), while Jaheira is the Druid/Fighter in the Friendly Arms Inn.

Yeah , maybe your right about the names, I little bit misread .

I don't think there's a way to alter the zoom level in the cut scenes. But it's not like it matters, you can use your mouse scroll wheel too zoom in out all you wish.

That is pretty sad :( .

I fears that without a strong shooter (like Kivan was... ) my party will be an easy tharget for the strong magicans ...

But of course that's not really applicable in the BGT or EET as you need to keep the characters stat despite their equipment with a very few bonuses along the way..

Do not understand you , sorry.

Well, you won't have the same equipment to use in BG2 as you do in BG1, so relying to BG1 items will make you vulnerable in the later parts of the game.

The Mages need good AC, yeah, they have less hitpoints, so not getting hit is a way to avoid that stuff, so having DEX as high as possible at the start help. Later you get defensive spells and the AC bonus is even better as it stacks with the Shield, Mirror Images, Protection from Evil, Blur and Invisibility etc -spells. In melee range.

&amp;amp;nbsp;

Well, you won't have the same equipment to use in BG2 as you do in BG1, so relying to BG1 items will make you vulnerable in the later parts of the game.

The Mages need good AC, yeah, they have less hitpoints, so not getting hit is a way to avoid that stuff, so having DEX as high as possible at the start help. Later you get defensive spells and the AC bonus is even better as it stacks with the Shield, Mirror Images, Protection from Evil, Blur and Invisibility etc -spells. In melee range.

My mage have 9 DEX , and 7 CON and 5 STR - he sometimes just dies from ONE hit by pattetick Skeleton Dart Throwler ... I think it s hopeless try to do something with it, especially in the later game. --- Because for the enemies Archers with the hight Rate of Attack my 'main' is a very target (in example Blacktalon Elite troopers with Longbows equiped by Arrows of Ice, 1d6 + 1d2 ~ 13 DAMAGE/ 1 shoot (that is because 200% damage - Insane difficulty setting), with 2 per round attacks versus ~ 10 hp of my char ... ) it is no way to stay alive for my avatar in the situation that he is a target for them , maybe Invisibility will helps, I do not know. For now only my avatar's kindless companions and my superior tactic skill + a bucket of Luck has rule on that situations :D .

Archived