SCS — BG:EE , on INSANE (far right scroll) difficulty setting.

frostysh

What happens if you send your monk and thief to melee the rooks?

Enemy magicians and pawns will focus them and kill very fast. I have tried it few times.

MY PARTY HAS WON THIS CURSED BATTLE! - Thanx to everyone for the help!

Suddenly I have only few screenshots of my successful attempt.

What tactic I used I described in the post right above - Durlag's Tower: Level 1 - 3 .The Hard battle.

Congratulations on your victory!

Thanx again.

But that was not only my victory. Useful advices about "Fireball" and engaging enemy Rooks was. My characters was good. And LOT of Luck was too.

What are incredible luckily attempt it was!

Round 1

- The left Rook missed 3 times :D but did not wiped out ~60% of my FIGHTER HP like it usually do.

- PALADIN equipped with "Tho-handed Sword, Cursed Berserking +3" (I will drown this sword somewhere after the battle... So many time this berserk curse ruining my game.) healed my FIGHTER (that lost 20 HP after Rook's successful hit ) with "Lay On Hands" before he goes mad. And his berserk targeted the enemy Knight but did not either my King or enemy Bishop on the another side of the board.... Like it usually happens :happy:

Round 2

- The enemy King stupendously rushed to the left side of board and created "Dispel Magic" on my main group but not on my FIGHTER/DRUID like he does in 90% attempts that was A BIGGEST mistake. Stupid foolish AI :p . "Dispel Magic" against my main group was useless because enemy magicians has targeted my FIGHTER/DRUID that because she engaging the King. If protections from fire will be removed on my FIGHTER/DRUID = GAME OVER .

- The enemy left Rook tried to escape over board and shoot from a far (like they usually do when my FIGHTER/DRUID is near) but in this attempt second fireball intercepted him at the half way :happy:

- And just unreal luck was when "Stoneskin" on the my King was dispelled and enemy Knight engaged him , I tried to escape (Because have no time to cast the Sphere and enemy Knight was under "Haste"... ) and no Lightning Bolt punishment appears :happy:

And yeah that was OVER hundred of reloads.... I think so.

----NEW----

Crossed all of Durlag's Tower Dungeon Levels. The battle against main 'bad guys' was really... not good :(with difficult like the particular battle against 5x Ghouls. . Especially if comparing it to 'board's pushing to the limits' .

Maybe somewhere I will learn to mod the BG:EE and made this battle more atmospheric fun and challenging.

----NEW----

I explored with my party all levels of Durlag's Tower. An i just wonder:

Some "Wardstones" has left from a journey . Where I can put this in? Somewhere late in game or it is now just useless things? Anyway I should spare it in some box because ot the ground items is disappearing soon :( .

On the Level 2 of the Durlag's Tower Dungeon I have found the Strange Stairs is near the "Exit to the next level" . When I using it second of reloading of the level like thing happens and the nothing... Is this a bug?

Chapter 1-2: Firewine Bridge. Ogre Magi (the pictures within the spoiler)

The party:MAGE-DIVINER 8th , THIEF 8th, FIGHTER/DRUID 6/7th, FIGHTER 7th, PALADIN 7th, MONK - "PATH OF THE SUN SOUL" 7th

The Enemies:

Kahrk - The Ogre Magi

Hitpoints: - Average

Damage: - Very High.

Special Abilities: - Permanent "Haste". Permanent "Stoneskin" Unreal damage in close combat. Standard spell arsenal.

Danger: - Very High .

Tactics: - Absorb the spells with most protected characters. Attack with magic.

Used items:"Wand of Fire" x3, "Potion of Healing" x2, "The One Gift Lost" x1, "The Victor" x5, "Masterwork Bolt" x30 - useless, "Masterwork Bullet" x6 - useless, "Arrow of Ice" x20 - almost useless, bullets, arrows, bolts, all my missile attacks did no harm to the Ogre.

Used spells:, "Luck" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Resist Fire and Cold" x1, "Protection From Fire" x1, "Cure Light Wounds" x4, "Detect Invisibility" x1, "Haste" x1, "Remove Magic" x2 - useless, "Stoneskin" x1, "Chromatic Orb" x5,

Used abilities:"Protection From Evil" x1, "Lay On Hands" x1 (PALADIN), "Sun Soulray" x2, "Lay On Hands" x1 (MONK).

The Battle against Ogre Magi

So I decided to help Carsa to release her from the curse. And it is the first time of the game that I saw the NPC Ogre that not only speaks a lot but fights too.

This Ogre Magi have not awesome spell arsenal but it is not bad too. His spells is not a big trouble. Big trouble is the combination of his permanent "Haste" :( and very high damage in a close combat and a normal spell arsenal.

My tactic was - split the group and absorb the enemy offensive spells by the most protected characters and then regroup to a final fight.

First I cleared the area from a Kobold Commandos but I forgot the skeletons that was a bad mistake....

Then initial conversation by faster character and run into the ambush.

Initial_conversation.jpg

Then I had prebuffing my faster character by "Protection From Fire" and "Luck" and took out almost all items form him because the "Ray of Enfeeblement" downing weight limit to the 15 and sent him to absorb lot of spells.... My MONK have 48 hp but sometimes he died from the single "Chromatic Orb" ...

After my MONK was hardly injured I switch the "absorber" to my avatar and PALADIN,

Switching_absorber_3.jpg

my avatar suffers from several debuffs and in the same time skeletons attacked... Thanx to all RPG GODS I have good items from Durlag's Tower, so after reload my PALADIN , MONK, FIGHTER/DRUID, FIGHTER take care about the skeletons.

At last the moron have no offensive spells so I focused on him my archers but they was useless. :(

then I try to hit moron with magic and that was success.

No_spells_4.jpg

So my party sent the big bad guy to from what he came from.

//The End\\

Chapter 1-2: Nashkel. Daer'Ragh - The crazy reincarnated magician (the pictures within the spoiler)

The party:MAGE-DIVINER 8th , THIEF 8th, FIGHTER/DRUID 6/7th, FIGHTER 7th, PALADIN 7th, MONK - "PATH OF THE SUN SOUL" 7th

The Enemies:Daer'Ragh - An evil magician , Phoenix Guard (Fighter) x7 , Phoenix Guard (Archer) x2

Daer'Ragh - Human pall that wears a red on black robe.

Hitpoints: - High

Damage: - Very High (Especially with "Magic Missile" sequencer...).

Special Abilities: - Fire immunity. Good spell arsenal.

Danger: - Low.

Tactics: - After deals with Phoenix guard locate and kill the bastard.

Phoenix Guard (Fighter) - Looks like glowing dude equipped with sword and shield.

Hitpoints: - Very Low

Damage: - High (High THACO but ~60 damage per hit...).

Special Abilities: - Fire immunity. Explodes when falling. Self-resurrection ability :( .

Tactics: - "Protection From Fire" + items that protects from fire, or a distance attack.

Phoenix Guard (Archer) - Looks like glowing female-dude equipped with bow.

Hitpoints: - Pathetic

Damage: - High (Hard fire damage by arrows).

Special Abilities: - Fire immunity. Explodes when falling.

Danger: - Very Low.

Tactics: - "Protection From Fire" + items that protects from fire, or a distance attack.

Used items:"Potion of Healing" x8, "Arrow of Ice" x12 .

Used spells:"Luck" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, , "Protection From Fire" x1, "Cure Light Wounds" x4, "Detect Invisibility" x1, "Haste" x1, "Stoneskin" x1, "Chromatic Orb" x1,

Used abilities:"Lay On Hands" x1 (PALADIN), "Lay On Hands" x1 (MONK).

I remembering about that magician - reason of my reload on low level. So my well-prepared party with a lot amount of experience in battles against enemy magicians has came to the Nashkel.

The trouble was that civilian NPC in the field so I cannot use the AoE spells so freely. And that annoying "Noober" has directly came to my ambush in the forest and starts endless conversation with low cool down ... That in time when my MONK have 4 hp left and was under aim of the enemy archers. Good that I did not kill that "Noober" .

Suddenly many of Amnian Soldier NPC has died in that battle, they just doing their duty and attacks the Phoenix Guards.

To avoid the large number of wounded by civilian NPC I decided that fighting at evening time is good idea.

So Initial conversation.

Nshkel_Daer_Ragh_1.jpg

Then fast run to the ambush and

Nashkel_Daer_Ragh_2.jpg

intercept the Phoenix Guards by "Protection From Fire" prebuffed character. After "Protection From Fire" duration is off

Nashkel_Daer_Ragh_3.jpg

I can use two characters : 1 -fast char, 2nd - archer . After the all of Phoenix Guards is fells .

Nashkel_Daer_Ragh_4.jpg

I can locate the enemy magician by THIEF with "Stealth" . So fast prebuff "Haste" and engage the enemy mad sorcerer in close combat.

Nashkel_Daer_Ragh_5.jpg

What a bad luck for Daer'Ragh - my avatar's "Chromatic Orb" stunned him off O_O.

//The End\\

So after deals with Carsa curse and the crazy Nashkel's magician my party bought almost all of Talantyr The Conjurer potions and scroll and led their way to the Nashkel Mines.

Chapter 2-3: Nashkel Mines. (pictures within the spoiler)

Outdoor

Location difficulty: Casual

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Ghouls, Kobolds, Greywolf

Nothing special about this location but it looks good and atmospheric.

In the North-West corner of the map I have found the very useful Wand.

Inside the mines

Level 1

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Kobolds,

You can speak with miners to resolve what the haps with mines. Also in the middle of map my party achieved the quest from one of the miners.

Level 2

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Kobolds,

Another wide and good atmospheric dungeon. Kobold Commandos must be destroyed quickly better in the close combat because of their hard ranger damage.

Level 3

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Kobolds, Huge Spiders, Ghoul

Nice looking level. Kobold Shaman is little bit tougher version of standard Kobold armed with some magic so need to be focused .

Level 4

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Kobolds, Gray Oozes, Ghoul, Skeletons, Mulahey

There are wide cave with a rock in the middle. In the cave my party have found Mulahey . I decided to spare his life but then he attacked my party and spawn another bunch of skeletons and kobolds :( .

Xan is good alignment NPC but I already have full party so I did not joined him to the group. Mulahey earned powerful ring indeed. Very useful for my FIGHTER/DRUID.

After my party have came to the Nashkel some named himself - Nimbul attacked my avatar , I tried to surrender and avoid fight but it was hopeless.

In the Beregost Fieldpost Inn my party have meet the Tranzig - the magician. Nothing special, he focused my avatar and I hiding around the rooms before my party has done with him. That was fun how my party member running around the rooms under "Horror" spell :D

Under way to the dem Bandit Camp My party has been attacked by: Maneira, ehmm... Telka, Zeela, Lamalha .

Fight was good but I have no "Detect Invisibility" spells because of Tranzig, so suddenly my avatar died - reload.

In the Paldvale I have found Kivan my party lost companion. Now he can to join the group again but suddenly I have no place for him :( .

Regardless this I decided to help him with his vengeance to Tazok.

When I meet the female assassins second time I was smarter and just run away from two invisible backstabers that aimed my avatar until the rest of my party has done with rest of them .

Fight_vs_5xfemale_assasins.jpg

Chapter 3: The Bandit Camp. (pictures within the spoiler)

Location difficulty: Low

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Bandits

Nice wooden location. Many Bandits in the middle of the map.

The battle for the Bandit Camp. First battle (the pictures within the spoiler)

b]The enemies:[/b]Raemon, Hakt, Venkt, Britik, Taugosz Khozann, Ardenor Crush, Credus, Blacktalon Elite x5 , Bandit x10 , Hobgoblins Elite x4, Chill Hobgoblin x2, - all approximately.

Taugosz Khosann - fighter equipped with a mace and shield

Damage: - High .

Special Abilities: - Good protection against magic . "Haste". Healing Potions.

Tactics: - Attack with armoured characters.

Venkt - magician

Hitpoints: - Low.

Damage: - Average .

Special Abilities: - Spell arsenal .

Danger: - Average.

Tactics: - Focus and kill him and avoid mass effects of his spells.

Britik - Gnoll with helberd

Hitpoints: - Average.

Special Abilities: - Some potions .

Tactics: - Attack with armoured characters.

Raemon - The archer

Special Abilities: - Arrows Of Ice .

Tactics: - Try to do not make his target on your low hp characters.

Hakt - The hobgoblin archer

Special Abilities: - Commander of hobgoblins.

Tactics: - Try to do not make his target on your low hp characters. Engage him in close combat.

Ardenor Crush - Hobgoblin equipped with mace

Special Abilities: - Commander of hobgoblins.

Tactics: - Nothing special but try to no engage him with low armoured dudes...

Credus - Bandit equipped with bow

Special Abilities: - Invisibility.

Tactics: - Just target and kill him.

Used items:"The One Gift Lost" x4, "The Victor" x1, "Potion of Healing" x4, "Masterwork Bolts", "Bolts" .

Used spells:"Luck" x1, "Haste" x1, "Stoneskin" x1, "Strength" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Entangle" x1, "Cure Light Wounds" x4, "Cure Medium Wounds" x2 , "Cure Serious Wounds" x1 , "Chromatic Orb" x4, "Fireball" x2, "Lightning Bolt" x1

Used abilities:"Lay On Hands" x1 (MONK), "Flaming Fists" x1, "Sun Soulray" x1.

So when I was exploring the location I have found the Bandit Camp and lot of bandits with ALARM! watchers.

Plan was simple attack in the front then retreat and ambush near some old Ruins.

Bandit_Camp_1.jpg

Then "Entangle" over the predicted path of an enemy.

http://s25.postimg.org/6d3gzh56z/Bandit_Camp_2.jpg

And the few offensive spells with a large AoE, "The One Gift Lost" was useful in that case. After it my party started retreating over the Ruins with a short counter attacks.

http://s25.postimg.org/pwcnmktcb/Bandit_Camp_3.jpg

Because archers cannot penetrate the ruins they was an easy target form my fighter when they came over the corner of the ruined wall.

http://s25.postimg.org/fnk6gr5aj/Bandit_Camp_4.jpg

Only few bad NPC guys left after it so my party counter attack and defeated them all.

//The End\\

Knott in the one of tents gain to me useful information about Tazok. And then Knott just runs away... Tersus was angry hobgoblin in another tent. Gnoll, Find, Gnoll Veteran - another tent.

In the Cave I my party have found Gaclax the Gnoll and his friends - "Bless" , "Sun Soulray" the end.

So I left my PALADIN in Paldvale and tried to join Kivan for a while , he is joined my party but the leave immediately :( .

I explored whole Bandit Camp but I have found no Tazok there are! O_o

I did not found Tazok in the Bandit Camp and then I saw cut-scene that means I killed Tazok and Mulrarhey . - Is this are bug here?

Chapter 4: Cloakwood Forest. Mine (the pictures within the spoiler)

First forest

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Taslois, Huge Spiders, Dread Wolfs, Words

The Another wood like location.

In the middle of the map can be found the Aldeth Shashanstar. I tried to convince the situation into the peaceful solution but suddenly that was no chance for it :*( . I do not like sports hunters but slaying them all because of self defence even with the blood spot near their house still it is a too hard for me. And the druids was not so peaceful as I though they was like a merciless assassins but not a servants of the wild.

Second forest

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Huge Spiders, Phase Spiders, Ettercaps, Giant Spiders, Sword Spiders

Spider Queen

Hitpoints: - Very Low.

Special Abilities: - Wand of Ice. Cannot move.

Tactics: - Just target and kill it.

Woods like location with a waterfalls and rocks. Beware of "Web" traps they are deadly.

The Cave with spider queen - nothing special asked to spare my life with no success : (Luck, Strength, Haste, Resist Fear), lot of heal , "Greater Malison" + Bolts of Bitting on the main target - the end.

The sword that rewarded for helping that NPC with his brother was very useful indeed!

South side of map can be found second Rashad's Talon +2 (First one was in the Durlag's Tower roof)

Third forest

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Bears, mad Druids, mad dude in the Cave

Atmospheric location with a little rivers and trees. Eldoth offered some quest but I refused because of "Detect Evil" - Eldoth is an evil and his 'plan' is an evil.

Laskal - another NPC that fight against the 'bad guys'. His help was useful.

Druid Faldorn is a good ally but I have no slots in my party.

Another mad druid attacked my party - Takiyah was their leader, this forest many madman have ...

Fight against Amarande the Shadow Druid

Amarande

Hitpoints: - High.

Special Abilities: - Shapeshift. Good spell arsenal. Good protection from weapon.

Tactics: - He have a long casting time of his spells like most of druids. So magician guarded by fighter can easily take him down with magic.

"Protection From Fire", "Protection From Lightning", "Strength" , "Luck" , "Resist Fear" - all that spells were useful.

So I left my main party on the first floor and take my avatar to the second floor

Amarande_The_Shadow_Druid_1.jpg

then throwing the "Lightning Bolt" in a foolish druid and fast run to the stairs.

But them not came . So after 10 seconds I take my avatar to the 2nd floor again and throwing the "Firaball" in morons. Amarande did not came to the first floor again :( .

Amarande_The_Shadow_Druid_2.jpg

But after 2nd "Fireball" Amarande sets down to the first floor -

Amarande_The_Shadow_Druid_3.jpg

"Detect Invisibility" + "Wand of Missile" x2 . "Antidote" . //The End\\

another pack of the mad druids - Izeria was their leader. Another madman in the cave.

Forth forest

Location difficulty: Average

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Baby Wyverns, Sword Spider, Bears

Hamadryad

Damage: - Low .

Special Abilities: - Dire Charm. Teleport. Good Spell arsenal.

Tactics: - Like versus succubus in the Durlag's Tower but in that case the open space making the battle more difficult. Magic damage works very well. Splitting characters is case of avoiding damage by charmed ones.

Wyvern

Special Abilities: - Good protection. Can Fly. Doing Hard damage in close combat.

Tactics: - Do not close distance with low armoured character because it is a suicide.

Divided by river location with two bridges and the Wyvern Cave in the middle.

The Wyvern Cavern

Outside ambush. Come inside - throw "Fireball" or something run outside then shoot the Wyverns with magic and missiles and so on.

The Mine

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Wolfs

Wooden location with mine in the middle surrounded by shaft with water

Lakadaar with his mines guards can be found in the middle of the map.

The battle for The Mine

Enemies:

Genthore

Special Abilities: - Axe thrower. Good protection from arrows.

Tactics: - Genthore have pathetic Magic Resistance can be easily stunned by "Chromatic Orb" ...

Drasus

Special Abilities: - "Haste". Miscellaneous potions. "Berserk". "Enrage" - I do not know what is that.

Danger: - High.

Tactics: - Standard tactics against hardcore close combat damage dealers - missiles and offensive magic.

Kysus

Special Abilities: - Good spell arsenal oriented to offensive magic.

Tactics: - Standard tactics against magicians.

Rezdan

Damage: - Very Low .

Special Abilities: - Debuff oriented spell arsenal. "Sanctuary".

Danger: - Average .

Tactics: - Attack by heavy armoured characters one by one but not together.

Used items:"Wand Of Magic Missiles" x2, "Potion of Healing" x5, "Arrows of Fire +2", "Masterwork Arrows".

Used spells:"Luck" x1, "Stoneskin" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Protection From Fire" x1, "Protection From Lightning" x1, "Cure Light Wounds" x4, "Cure Medium Wounds" x2 , "Cure Serious Wounds" x1 , "Chromatic Orb" x4, "Fireball" x2, "Lightning Bolt" x1, "Detect Invisibility" x1,

Used abilities:"Lay On Hands" x1 (MONK), "Lay On Hands" x1 (PALADIN), "Sun Soulray" x2. "Cure Light Wounds" x2 (avatar)

Like always tying to avoid bloodshed but it is hopeless ;/ .

The opportunity place for the battle - is the half of victory .

MIne_1.jpg

Drasus is need to be fought first because his crazy movement speed.

MIne_2.jpg

Then we need to find the magician and fought them . Be careful about Rezden he can make "Chaos", "Dire Charm" and other many bad spells. Versus Kysus we need to use the "Protection From Fire" and "Protection From Lightning" or his "Lightning Bolt" will kill anyone easy even with "Saving Throw" the dem spell it is :mad:

MIne_3.jpg

So that was not bad battle, and one NPC horse is died :( through it . //The End\\

Inside the Mine

Level 1

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Guards (but some of them is tough) - make ambush avoid get surrounding by them

Level 2

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Guards, Archers Guards (but some of them is tough) - make ambush avoid get surrounding by them, Ghasts

Hareishan - an evil magician

Damage: - Very Low .

Special Abilities: - Debuff oriented spell arsenal. Blue Power Shield.

Tactics: - "Detect Invisibility". Hide from spells over corners and walls.

Level 3

Location difficulty:Average

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Guards, Archers Guards, Hobgoblin Elite (Antidote is useful), Hobgoblins

Natasha - an evil magician

Damage: - High (especially with "Cone of Cold") .

Special Abilities: - Offensive magic spell arsenal..

Tactics: - "Protection From Fire", "Resist Fire and Cold" .

Ogre Mage - standard Ogre magician

Special Abilities: - Pathetic magic arsenal but the creature dem tough in close combat.

Tactics: - Target and kill .

Level 4

Location difficulty:Low

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Guard, Blacktalon Elite (engange in close combat because they have hardcore range damage), Mustard Jelly

Davaeom - an evil magician

Special Abilities: - Very good spell arsenal. Summons 2 Battle horrors. Calling reinforcements with Blacktalon Elite forces and Guards they will spawn near entrance.

Tactics: - Just place your party near entrance and your magician in the left room, send the fast character under "Potion of Freedom" to initiate the conversation and then run him from the Battle Horrors. Davaeom will teleport himself right in the centre of your party and will make "Dispel Magic" then just run out from the room with your magician and make "Haste". Battle is easy enough. Area of the battle is an ideal place for hiding from the spells - //The End\\ .

Potion of freedom reducing Monk speed to the normal rate :( .

But All slaves are saved and free - Me happy ^_^ .

After the leaving of the Mine party has been attacked by: Molkar - fighter whiling with 2 swords, Halacan - illusionist, Dracar - battle mage, Morvin - fighter (beware - he have a high damage).

"Bless" and "Strength" in fight + heal from acid arrow + lot of luck , //the end\\

Chapter 5: Wyvern's Cross

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

Nothing special in this location - old little bridge in the middle, Priestess in the North-East that I have helped to obtain her bowl.

Chapter 5: Wenric's Farm

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Zombies

Help to Wenric the Farmer with his zombie problem.

Chapter 5: Baldur's Gate, East Entrance

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

I do not like the medieval little towns at all . But the creators of the game have some many worked on modelling it.

In Tavern and Inn you can listen about the Ghorak I did not translate it..

Dem I forgot to wear the "Full Plate Armour" to my FIGHTER/DRUID after the Spider Queen has been defeated.... So no I knew why she taking so lot of damage. :(

I have found Necromancer in the South side of the map. Niemain upstairs of the big sorcerer's shop, first time was fight, but then I reload and said "sorry" and not a fight was again.

Also tenth days quest can be found in the thief's guild.

Chapter 5: Baldur's Gate, North-East part of town

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

Nothing special except two guys - 'bad guys' followers.

Chapter 5: Baldur's Gate, South-East part of town

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

I have found the family member of the first defeated foe in the "Tavern and Inn".

"Blade and Star" full of mad NPC , thanx to all RPG gods I have one example of each one collected gems in the Gem Bag..

At last I have found MONK's quest!

Chapter 5: Baldur's Gate, South part of town

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Doppelganger

The harbour, sailors, and the Iron Throne building...

[centre]The Battle For Iron Throne House[/centre]

The party:MAGE-DIVINER 8th , THIEF 8th, FIGHTER/DRUID 6/8th, FIGHTER 7th, PALADIN 7th, MONK - "PATH OF THE SUN SOUL" 8th

The enemies:

Shennara - Thief in the hood equipped with two blades

Special Abilities: - Good magic resistance. Can be resurrected second time O_o.

Tactics: - She is weak to piercing damage so focus she with archer.

Diyab - The battle mage.

Special Abilities: - Good magic resistance. Weak spell arsenal.

Tactics: - Target and kill her.

Zalimar Cloudwulfe - Archer equipped with good Two-handed Axe.

Special Abilities: - Good magic resistance. "Enrage" ,"Berserk" and many potions and so on. Hard damage in the close combat.

Tactics: - Engage him in the close combat wait until he will switch to Axe then run away and shoot him he will switch to range weapon engage him again... Repeat until he will be dead.

Aasim - Battle mage.

Damage: - Low .

Special Abilities: - Good magic resistance. Standard spell arsenal.

Tactics: - Target and kill him.

Naaman - an evil magician.

Special Abilities: - Good magic resistance. Good spell arsenal that includes heavy damage AoE spells - something like Meteor Shower..

Tactics: - Hide from the spells.

Alai - an evil magician.

Special Abilities: - Good magic resistance. Good spell arsenal. . Acid damage.

Tactics: - Hide from the spells.

Gardush - Fighter equipped with two blades.

Special Abilities: - Good magic resistance. Potions.

Tactics: - Attack by heavy armoured characters.

Used items:"Wand Of Magic Missiles" x3, The Victor x4, "Potion of Healing" x10, "Arrows of Fire +2", "Bolts of Lightning", "Bullets +2", "Mirror Image" (scroll) x1, "Masterwork Bullets"

Used spells:"Luck" x1, "Stoneskin" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Strength" x1, "Cure Light Wounds" x4, "Cure Medium Wounds" x3 , "Cure Serious Wounds" x1 , "Chromatic Orb" x4, "Fireball" x1, "Lightning Bolt" x1, "Detect Invisibility" x1,

Used abilities:"Lay On Hands" x1 (MONK), "Lay On Hands" x1 (PALADIN), "Protection from Evil" x6, "Sun Soulray" x2, "Greater Sun" x1, "Cure Light Wounds" x2 (avatar)

The tactic was simple run to enemy floor shot with magic, come back to lower floor wait until they will arrive and make ambush. The Strange thing was that Shennara has been resurrected second time O_O. .

The battle is not a hard one.

On the Roof I recognized the place from the Intro cinematic...

And that was not two-handed axe but halberd . I think this RPG have no two-handed warhammers and the battle axes :( .

Chapter 5: Baldur's Gate, South-West part of town

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Doppelgangers,

Medieval town like location. Wiven, Meakin, Sath, Dirk can be found in one of the houses - I though I can give him my money but then I realize this will be too much, so they have a weak protection against magic. . . Easy target. Archers must be engages in close fight very fast because of their over 40 damage per hit... "Detect Invisibility" like always is very useful.

The Sunin - the mad magician, Joular - archer, Maka - fighter. You can easily deal with that crazy foes, just split your main party and left them outside, go inside throw "Lightning Bolt" and run out, then fight Sunin in the outdoor. "Otiluke's Resilient Sphere" is incredibly useful against "Chaos" spell.

Baldur's Gate, Town Sewers

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Giant Spiders, Ghasts, Phase Spiders, Kobolds, Ochre Jelly, Green Slims, Carrion Crawlers, Ogre Mage

Yak! Sewers... But "Potion of Hill Giants Strength", "Potion of Frost Giants Strength" was incredibly useful to relocate the bodies for the Necromancer. Suddenly he took only one bodie.

Baldur's Gate, West part of town

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

I know where I can put in the Anshkeg's Shells :)

Baldur's Gate, North-West part of town (the pictures within the spoiler)

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

Degrodel's House

The Enemies: Doom Guard x2, Invisible Stalker x4, Helmed Horror x2.

Doom Guard - Heavy armoured apparition-dude equipped with flaming sword.

Special Abilities: - Incredible Fire Resistance. Perfect protection from missiles. Heavy damage in the close combat.

Tactics: - "Lightning Bolt" - works just amazing on them. Doom Guards that is one of the the kinds of enemies that you probably do not want to mess with.

Helmed Horror - Looks like flying armour and weapon.

Damage: - Average

Special Abilities: - Many resistances and immunities.

Tactics: - Attack by heavy armoured characters.

Invisible Stalker - Something little and invisible.

Hitpoints: - Low

Damage: - Very Low (Backstab - High)

Special Abilities: - Invisibility. Backstab.

Tactics: - 'Detect Invisibility' target and kill. Beware to lost your low hp character on their backstab.

Used items: "Bolts"

Used spells:"Luck" x1, "Stoneskin" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Strength" x1, "Chromatic Orb" x4, i]"Magic Missile"[/i] x1, "Fireball" x1, "Lightning Bolt" x1, "Detect Invisibility" x1,

Used abilities:"Lay On Hands" x1 (MONK), "Lay On Hands" x1 (PALADIN), "Protection from Evil" x5, "Greater Sun" x1, "Flaming Fists" x1 "Cure Light Wounds" x1 (avatar)

[centre]The battle[/centre]

Magician inside the house, main group - outside the house. First you need to kill Helmed Horror. Cam on to the house, shoot with "Fireball" i.e. and run out. It will follow you to outdoor.

Then you need make "Lightning Bolt" very precisely on 2x Doom Guards.

Degrodels_House_1.jpg

Degrodels_House_2.jpg

Degrodels_House_3.jpg

If you were lucky both of Doom Guards will be dead from just one "Lightning Bolt"!

and then engage the enemies that lefts . //The End\\

Little misunderstanding in the tavern.

The Enemies: Gretek, Caturak, Pargus, Wilf, Arlin, Nader

Like always trying to avoid the violence , but it was too late!

'Thous talk too much but really that party was very weak in the fight...

This Degrodel! When I have done the job for him Degrodel have unleashed another pack of 'guards' and then he escaped from my party!.

Baldur's Gate, North part of town

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

Few houses with little citadel in the middle of the map (that protects Dukes from angry peoples... ).

Baldur's Gate, North-East part of town, West Entrance

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Mustard Jelly

The Tavern with... underground services . Nothing special. No hard battles. Store your party in the 'Surgeon' and get out your party thief right outside the tavern - this is how to cross the 'Narlen's Heist' quest.

Baldur's Gate, The town centre

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Mustard Jelly

The central park green part, diviner and house with chickens O_o.

Cloud Peaks

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Dark Moon Monks, Dark Moon Followers, Trolls, Wolfs, Winter Wolf, Sword Spiders, Goblins, Bears, and so on

It is really that Dark Moon Monks not a hard enemy... Rasaad 8th lvl can defeat 'main bad guy' one versus one without any equipps by using 'Greater Sun' ability.

The all quests (that I have found) in the Baldur's Gate is done.

Candlekeep

The party:MAGE-DIVINER 9th , THIEF 9th, FIGHTER/DRUID 7/8th, FIGHTER 8th, PALADIN 8th, MONK - "PATH OF THE SUN SOUL" 8th

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Do not want to spoil.

Ogre's Ambush

Enemies: Ogre Magi x4

Ogre Magi - looks like a huge samurai

Damage: - Average.

Special Abilities: - Easy prebuff (protection from missiles , mirror image e.t.c.) even without "Stoneskin" this is pathetic.... Not bad damage in the close combat. Easy magic spells arsenal.

Danger: - Low .

Tactics: - Focus and kill but careful about the group of Ogre Magi....

Just one Ogre Magi is not a problem. 4x Ogre Magi is a problem.

After cut-scene press "DONE" then press "SPACEBAR" now you can use one buff, I choose "Resist Fear" , then run by your magician to the west and hide him beside the stone tower sometimes left your cover and throw some horrible magic into the bad guys.

Split your party - because of "Glitterdust" and "Dire Charm" . Also very useful "Luck" , "Protection From Evil" and other . After you kill some of magicians use "Detect Invisibility" to locate the invisible dude. //The End\\

The Candlekeep is a very atmospheric place, especially inside the keep . I like the floor mosaic :p . This son of Iron Throne leader make feels like a fool!

The battle versus Prat's band

An easy battle because of many places where you may hide characters and 4x "Fireball" scroll this is a lot of initial damage ^)0 after conversation. Prat have good armour (blur or something) and bad THACO. Sakul can be defeated just by fireballs , Bor little bit tougher. Tam - Archer annoying one so is need to be disabled.

Baldur's Gate , again.. (the pictures within the spoiler)

The party:MAGE-DIVINER 9th , THIEF 9th, FIGHTER/DRUID 7/8th, FIGHTER 8th, PALADIN 8th, MONK - "PATH OF THE SUN SOUL" 8th

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

Wow.. My party framed in thing that my party not did. The prison and the simple riddle and the running from guards. Almost useless 'Wands of Fear' was incredibly useful when you do not want to kill Flaming Fist soldiers. So I exploring the whole town of Baldur's Gate again in that case the town sewers was useful too..

Battle in Undercellar

The Enemies:

Slythe - Blurring assassin

Damage: - Average (Very High > 60 dmg with backstab strike).

Special Abilities: - Invisibility. Backstab. Potions . Easy prebuff. Good magic Resistance . "Haste".

Tactics: - Just hide your low armoured character from him because his backstab is fatal.

Krystin - An evil magician

Special Abilities: - Very Good prebuff. Many annoying spells offensive ones including i.e. "Skull Trap" ~ 60 DMG with saving throws :(.

Tactics: - Standard tactics versus an evil magicians. Hide from spell or do not give a chance to cast "Skull Trap" - this spell is lethal with x2 damage!.

Used items: "Arrows +2", "Bullets +2", "Defensive Harmony" (scroll) x1

Used spells:"Stoneskin" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Strength" x1, "Bless" x1 "Chromatic Orb" x1, "Secret Word" x1, "Remove Magic" x1

Used abilities: "Protection from Evil" x4

Not so hard battle - many cellars to hide low hp characters but careful do not kill the innocents with AoE spells.

For first we need a good position i.e.

Slythe_Krystine_1.jpg

Then you need to make good "Remove Magic" or "Dispel Magic" or something under the Krystine if "Fireshield (Blue)" is destroyed - then engage in close combat that foolish magician. The spells like "Bless" needs a careful timing.

http://s25.postimg.org/do935ty8b/Slythe_Krystine_2.jpg

If you will be lucky that is not a hard fight. //The End\\

, and maybe make some help to Dorn 2-Khan with his problem.

Diviner in the Centre of Town was very useful ^)^.

So I think it is a time to Explore the Ulgoth's Beard

The quests that still are unresolved (budged?) and more important that I have no idea how to solve it -

A Farmer's Tale, Xvarts Raids, Samuel The Deserter, The Firewine Ruins, A Seer's Vision, The Great Book of the Unknowing

Is there any ways to complete it?

Ulgoth's Beard. Aec'Letec. The Cult (the pictures within the spoiler)

The party:MAGE-DIVINER 9th , THIEF 10th, FIGHTER/DRUID 7/8th, FIGHTER 8th, PALADIN 8th, MONK - "PATH OF THE SUN SOUL" 8th

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

'Soultaker Dagger' is a quest item.

The battle in the Ulgoth's Beard entrance

The Enemies:Cult Enforcer x1, Cult Archer x2, Cult Guard x2, Cult Assassin x2

Cult Enforcer - An evil magician under yellow on the red mantle.

Special Abilities: - Invisibility. Potions . Good prebuff. Good magic Resistance . Good spell arsenal. 'Wand of Frost' .'Haste'.

Danger: - High .

Tactics: - Need some cover from the spells. Also 'Protection from ...' can be useful. 'Remove Magic' also is very useful.

Cult Archer - Female dude in the hood equipped with a Bow and Battle Axe.

Special Abilities: - Potions. Very good protection against magic

Tactics: - Engage them in close combat. Also they are perfect target for a missiles. Their effectiveness is highly increasing when they are protected by Cult Guards so try to divide them.

Cult Guard - Heavy armoured dude with sword and shield.

Damage: - High.

Special Abilities: - Potions. Good magic resistance. Good protection against missiles.

Tactics: - Attack with well armoured characters. Perfect target for the 'Chromatic Orb' that can cause 'Stun' effect.

Cult Assassin - Female dude with blade.

Damage: - Average (Very High with backstab).

Special Abilities: - Potions. Good magic resistance. 'Haste'. Invisibility. Poison damage.

Tactics: - The Very annoying ones with auto-aim to the low hp characters. You need to hide low hp characters. Can bee easily killed with missiles or offensive magic or weakening magic as for me 'Contagion' is perfect.

Used items: "Masterwork Arrows", "Antidote" x2, "Potion of Healing" x1

Used spells:"Stoneskin" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Bless" x1, "Luck" x2, "Chromatic Orb" x1, "Remove Magic" x1, "Contagion" x1, "Cure Light Wounds" x4, "Cure Medium Wounds" x2, "Cure Serious Wounds" x1

Used abilities: "Protection from Evil" x2, "Greater Sun" x1

A Very bad idea to fight versus ambush where ambush is exactly prepared .

Pause then prebbuf - 1 spell. And then run to the North.

http://s25.postimg.org/f2eypqikr/Uldoth_Beard_1.jpg

The very place for fight is beside the long building there you can protect narrow passage so the enemy assassins cannot reach your low HP character at least one of them.

http://s25.postimg.org/mjo64y83v/Uldoth_Beard_2.jpg

And after you must find and kill enemy magician he can use 'Invisibility' and other more dangerous spells. //The End\\

Cult's House and exterior

The Enemies: Cult Archer x3, Cult Guards x6, Cult Assassin x2, Cult Enforcer x1, Cult Wizard x1

Cult Wizard - Magi dude in the robe.

Damage: - High

Special Abilities: - Potions. Good magic resistance. 'Haste'. Invisibility. . Good prebuff. Good Spell arsenal. 'Wand of Paralization'

Tactics: - Enhanced version of cult enforcer. They have very good spell arsenal so 'Protection From Fire', 'Resist Fire and Ice' , 'Luck' and 'Greenstone Amulet' is very useful against Cult Wizard.

Regardless of biggest amount of an enemies this battle more easy then ambush at Ulgoth's Beard entrance. You can easily split enemies and fought them one by one just at point North of Ulgoth's Beard Tavern because of avoiding innocent victims by AoE spells.

In the House you can step inside make something nasty like a 'Fireball' and run out. If someone will follow you make ambush for him.

http://s25.postimg.org/gmkao4qyz/The_Cult_House.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/floncqzd7/The_Cult_House_1.jpg

I used 'Oil of Fire Burning' x4 and lot of healing potions including 'Elixir of Health' and many offensive and defensive spells like 'Bless' , 'Luck' a 'Remove Magic', 'Contagion' and so on.

The Battle with Lower Planes Being

The Enemies: Cult Guard (low armoured) x6, Tracea Carol, Aec'Latec

Tracea Carol - An evil fanatic magician female dude in the red robe.

Damage: - High (Especially with sequencers...)

Special Abilities: - Potions. Good magic resistance. Good prebuff.

Tactics: - Focus she with all party and use 'Wand of Ice' . Standard tactics against an evil magician.

Aec'Letec - Wordless winged moron that know only 'Hrr.... Sh....' sounds. This piece of demon is tough like bloody hell!

Hitpoints: - Very High

Damage: - Very High

Special Abilities: - Hell lot of immunities. 'Death Gaze' - that is means paralization , silence, and dying - if your main character will die and transforming to Ghast under this spell Game Over will not appears O_o . 'Remove Magic'. Self resurrection by using Cult followers bodies :( .

Danger: - Extreme.

Tactics: - If it did not struck in the stairs I have hell no idea how to defeat it.

Used items: "Bolts", "Potion of Healing" over x20.., "Wand of Fire" x3 , "Wand of Ice" x6, "Luck" (scroll) x6 .

Used spells:, "Bless" x1, "Luck" x2, "Shield" , "Remove Magic" x1, "Cure Serious Wounds" x1, "Fireball" x3

Used abilities: "Protection from Evil" x2,

After initial conversation throw something like a 'Fireball' into the room and fast run away through upstairs. Aec'Latec must be stacked before a wall and stairs because of his large size.

http://s25.postimg.org/tgmxv7tsb/Aec_Latec_1.jpg

Then run besides Aec'Latec by someone with a AoE spells and click on Stairs icon before Aec'Latec's strike. Enter to the dungeon then throw AoE spell and run away, you can repeat it until all of Cult Guards is dead. All Cult Guards must be killed before Aec'Latec will fall because of his ability to self resurrection using Cult Guard .You can even bring whole party underground to defeat the an evil magician and then bring them back but one by one or Aec'Latec will make 'Death Gaze' into someone and then Game Over...

http://s25.postimg.org/uk7276eff/Aec_Latec_2.jpg

The buggy animation creates a ghosts of the fallen cult fellas :(.

Now you can engage the demon with the long length weapons (like a Stuff or a Two-handed Sword) holders support them with missiles and magic like 'Luck' and 'Bless' . And be ready for 'Dispel Magic' against 'Death Gaze'.

http://s25.postimg.org/gf195d5e3/Aec_Latec_3.jpg

So monster on his way to where he came from justice is restored and me happy ^)^. //The End\\

to be continued . . .

Ulgoth's Beard. Ice Island

Location difficulty: High

The party:MAGE-DIVINER 9th , THIEF 10th, FIGHTER/DRUID 7/8th, FIGHTER 8th, PALADIN 8th, MONK - "PATH OF THE SUN SOUL" 8th

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Winter Wolfs, Polar Bears, Anshkegs,

Marcellus - An evil magician male dude in yellow on red robe.

Special Abilities: - Potions. Good magic resistance. 'Contingency' - hell no idea what is that. Good prebuff. Many annoying spells. Potions.

Tactics: - The cave is and ideal place for using 'hide and shot' tactics with 'Lightning Bolts' and other devastating spells. 'Remove magic' can also be useful.

Andris - An evil magician male dude . Leader of evil group.

Special Abilities: - Potions. Good magic resistance. 'Contingency' - hell no idea what is that. Good prebuff. Potions. Can summon Ogre Berserker!

Tactics: - Standard tactic against an evil magicians.

Beyn - An evil magician male dude .

Special Abilities: - Potions. . Good prebuff. Potions. 'Wand of Fear'

Tactics: - Standard tactic against an evil magicians.

Cuchol - An evil crazy magician male dude .

Damage: - Very High ('Lightning Bolt'...)

Special Abilities: - Potions. Good magic resistance. Normal prebuff. Potions. Good offensive magic arsenal. 'Wand of Paralyzation'.

Tactics: - Hide from his spells behind the walls. 'Greenstone Amulet'. 'Remove Magic'. 'Protection From Fire'

Garan - Something like a druid in the hood .

Special Abilities: - Potions.. Normal prebuff. Potions. . Anshkeg's Summoning.

Tactics: - Can be harmed by offensive magic. He have long cast time.

Dezkiel - Looks like a priest or sailor .

Special Abilities: - Easy prebuff. Potions.

Tactics: - 'Detect Invisibility' then target and kill.

Looks like a frozen labyrinth. This 'path finding....'..............

Regardless it this location is an ideal place for conquering an evil magicians. Tellan that crazy dwarf did not attacked the party. Strange....

Tellan - Crazy dwarf magi.

Special Abilities: - Very good prebuff. Potions. Offensive magic rasenal. Many annoying spells.

Tactics: - Hide from his spells. You either remove his protection magic or just hide and wait until it disappeared. 'Contagion' works just amazing. 'Remove Magic' . 'Protection From Lightning'. 'Protection From Fire'. 'Bless'. 'Luck' and so on...

This Shandalar like a Degrodel the party did dirty work for him and then he escaped and even did not said the word 'thanks to you'. :crazy:

Mysterious Island. The Village. The Forest.

The enemies:

Harmless enemies:

Looks like a tourist place with bungalows and party. But something wrong with this peoples indeed. Too many of them has been detected as Evil presence PALADIN's 'Detect Evil' ability.. House with secret door. Warnings about inhabitants. North of the Village you can gather some herbs.

The Forest

The enemies:

Harmless enemies: Wolfweres, Dire Wolves, Brown Bears, Dread Wolves, Worgs, Vampiric Wolves.

Looks like a small forest. In the house of the old elf the party have found answers to the questions inside the book it were.

Inside the little ship

Very good idea is to block the way to your low HP characters by heavy armoured ones. Any AoE spells will be useful also.

Daese - An evil female magician the friend of wolfs .

Damage: - Low

Special Abilities: - Normal prebuff. Potions.

Tactics: - 'Detect Invisibility' or 'Remove Magic' then target and kill. 'Otiluke's Resilient Sphere' also useful in small rooms against 'Chaos' spell.

Greate Wolfwere - looks like wolfy-human . Enhanced version of Wolfweres.

Special Abilities: - Very Good Magic Resistance. Fast. High damage in the close combat. Affected only by 'Silver Dagger' that can be found on the ship or by 'Burning Earth' or something like that. Regeneration.

Tactics: - Annoying dude. Attack with well armoured characters equipped with that dagger or 'Burning Earh'. 'Wand of Frost', 'The Victor' and so on also useful. 'Potion of Storm Giant Strength' . 'Haste'. 'Wand of Lightning' - that can rebound and dealing hard amount of damage! .

Degrodel, Shandalar, Dradeel - same history. I knew that it will happens again.

The village again and Caverns

Harmless enemies: Warewolfs.

Not all warewolfs is so bad as I tough. Especially their historian.

Caverns - nothing special , ugly narrow passages make me headaches because of 6 party member that cannot run straight and just a sometimes turn back of 180 degrees...

All suspicions was a true. Maybe Dradeel is not so bad :) . Good that party can leave the Island without bloody battle.

Loup Garou - Enhanced version of Greater Wolfwere. But without regeneration ^_^.

Special Abilities: - Immune to almost all except some offensive magic and the 'Golden Weapons' that a 'Balduran's Sword' .

Tactics: - A very annoying monsters!. 'Defensive Harmony' . 'Protection From Evil'. 'Luck'. 'Bless'. 'Cloak of The Shield'. Lot of heal and attack by most armoured characters. Focus one of them then another.

So the end of Ulgoth' Beard problems.

Now the party will help to Dorn's problem because he saved the party once.

Dorn is damned unstoppable killing machine! Even with his 6th level he more powerful then some of my 8-10th level characters...

Dorn's quest

First Dorn initiate conversation in the Wyver's Cross - that a little stone bridge on the way to Baldur's Gate.

Then the party rest awhile in the Elfsong tavern and Dorn's speaks again.

It was hard to find the right NPC. Taara - near Nashkel Inn. Kryll - Near blood spot in area right South-East of Nashkel Mines. Simeon wtih his assistances in the Wyvern's Cross from city side at the North of map.

Thrall Of Azothet - Looks like a bat with legs and horns.

Special Abilities: - Lot of immunities and good magic resistance.

Tactics: - Conquer them with heavy armoured characters. Try to take one Thrall of Azothet by someone and just run away from it before some enemies will fall. They also perfect target for the lightning bolts...

Sheila - An evil magician.

Special Abilities: - Very easy prebuff. Easy Offensive magic arsenal.

Tactics: - She have no magic resistance - perfect target for many spells.

Priest - An evil priest or something.

Special Abilities: - He have some annoying spells.

Tactics: - He have no magic resistance - perfect target for many spells.

Simeone - Heavy armoured dude with Sword .

Special Abilities: - Blackguard's powers.

Tactics: - Attack with heavy armoured characters.

Dorn was a very powerful ally as such as an evil he was.. But one spawn of pathetic Bhaal and second servant of powerful demon this is too much. Good idea was to release the Dorn.

Iron Throne Headquarters. Cythandria

Cythandria - female follower of the very evil guy.

Special Abilities: - Can summon two golden golems :(. Good pre-cast of defensive magic.

Tactics: - Casual magician, but if not the hell spawn of the golems.

Ungh - Big piece of something with form like a huge human. Hell it is tough!

Special Abilities: - Unbelievable amount of immunities that includes full immunity tu missile weapon :(. An Amazing Magic Resistance. Hardcore crushing damage in close combat. 'Haste'. 'Slow' ability in close combat.

Tactics: - 'Potion of Absorption'. 'Destroyer of the Hills', 'Cloak of the Shield' + crushing damage weapons: 'Krotan's Skullcrusher +2' , 'Mighty Oak +2', 'Aule's Stuff +3'.

Argh - Ungh's twin brother!

Special Abilities: - Unbelievable amount of immunities that includes full immunity tu missile weapon :(. An Amazing Magic Resistance. Hardcore crushing damage in close combat. 'Haste'. 'Slow' ability.

Tactics: - Same as versus Ungh.

My party managed to left Cythandria alive after the fight.

Baldur's Gate . Ducal' Palace

The Enemies: Doppelganger Assassin x2, Greater Doppelganger x3, Doppelganger Shaman x1, Doppelganger Mage x1 .

Doppelganger Assassin x2 - Looks like casual doppelganger.

Damage: - Average (High with backstab)

Special Abilities: - 'Haste' . Invisibility. Backstab.

Tactics: - 'Detect Invisibility' then kill. Take care about low hp characters.

Greater Doppelganger - Looks like casual doppelganger.

Special Abilities: - 'Mirror Image'. Haste.

Tactics: - Target and kill.

Doppelganger Shaman x1 - Looks like casual doppelganger.

Special Abilities: - Annoying spell arsenal that includes AoE damage :(. Summons Undeads.

Tactics: - Long cast time of this beast his very weak point. Target and kill.

Doppelganger Mage - Looks like casual doppelganger.

Special Abilities: - Normal pre-cast of defensive magic. Good offensive spell arsenal that includes AoE spells ;/ .

Tactics: - Focus it or will be nasty fight.

Pre-cast defensive magic after conversation. You have many options. As for myself I used 'Chaos' spell and then focus enemy Shaman and Mage. After almost all fells I used 'Haste' and sent my warriors to deal with enemy magician that used 'Dimension Door' and has been teleported to an another room .

'Osiluke's Resilient Sphere' is incredibly useful to prevent death of dukes or to disable 'chaosed' characters because enemy magician used 'Chaos' as well. Also was very useful many scrolls 'Detect Invisibility'

Beware Sarevok is incredibly tough in close combat! Just do not step too close. 'Throwing Axe +2' was useful in that case.

Battle is not hard.

The Maze

Location difficulty: Hard

The enemies: Skeleton Warriors

Harmless Enemies: Different species of Jelly and Ooze. Doom Guards :( - I do not like this guys..., Invisible Stalkers

Skeleton Warrior - Looks like casual skeleton with burning eyes.

Special Abilities: - Ranger attack with 'Arrow of Ice'. Close Combat - Two-handed Sword. Lot of immunities. Very Good Magic Resistance.

Tactics: - Engage with heavy armoured characters that have good amount of defensive magic over.

This location looks like wooden wall labyrinth. Green spot on the wall can help you to identify the traps.

The Undercity. The Final Fight (Pictures within the spoiler)

Location difficulty: Average (because of ideal battlefield location)

The enemies: Skeleton Warriors, Rahvin and his bandits

Harmless Enemies: Many species of Undead dudes.

The Underground Cellar with river and ruins. Rahvin and his followers was not so bad they used many potions spells , defensive magic but The Undercity is very place for my hero .... The Ruins is an ideal battlefield ! And 'Chaos' is horrible spell if combined with that battlefield and lot of 'Wand Of Fire' fireballs..

But their 'Arrows of Detonatin' and 'Chain Lightning' was annoying indeed .

Rahvin and company is not a problem.

The large Gothic Building surrounded by two destructed shrines. Right shrine with bunch of Skeleton Warriors - that is because this location is not 'Low' difficulty. Right shrine has several Ghouls and magical Armour.

The Gothic Building

At last I have found Tazok! I searching for him from 2nd level of my diviner...

The Enemies: Sarevok, Tazok, Diarmid, Angelo, Semaj

Sarevok - Fool Bhaal's foolish follower.

Special Abilities: - The Iron terminator. Cannot be harmed until all of his followers will fell. Permanent 'Haste'.

Danger: - Very High.

Tactics: - Bait him on the faster character (But without 'Paws of Cheatah' it is too fast...). After all of his followers is dead use offensive magic , as for me 'Wand of Frost' works just magnificent.

Diarmid - Sarevok follower, heavy armoured archer.

Special Abilities: - Easy ant-magic prebuff. 'Haste' . Good Magic Resistance. Transforming to Skeleton Warrior when falls :( . Potions

Tactics: - Annoying archer. He switch to close combat weapon if engage him, so tactics 'hit-and-run' will work.

Tazok - Sarevok follower, Half-Ogre with two-handed sword.

Special Abilities: - Invisibility. 'Haste'. Transforming to Skeleton Warrior when falls :( . Good Resistance. 'Berserk'. Potions.

Tactics: - Attack with most armoured characters. Perfect target for missile weapons.

Angelo - Sarevok follower, boss of Flaming Fists group, fighter/mage equipped with bow and sword.

Special Abilities: - Invisibility. 'Haste' . Good prebuff. Normal spell arsenal. Good Magic Resistance . Transforming to Skeleton Warrior when falls :( . Potions . 'Wand of Fire'.

Tactics: - Standard tactics against an evil magicians/druids/priests. Not bad target for spells. When he with bow he is annoying.

Semaj - Sarevok follower, an evil magician.

Special Abilities: - Very Good pre-buff. 'Haste'. Very annoying spell arsenal. Transforming to Skeleton Warrior when falls :( . Potions.

Tactics: - Split your party to avoid AoE effects of his spells. Must be focused. Very annoying enemy. 'Remove Magic' may be helpful. Use 'anti-magic' items or spells. Also he is good target for the spells like a 'Chaos'. Easiest way to disable him just use few 'Potions of Explosions' or similar AoE spells immediately after conversation.

Used items: "Potion of Heroism" x4, "Potion of Invulnerability" x2, "Potion of Fire Resistance" x3, "Potion of Magic Shielding" x3, "Potion of Magic Protection" x6 "Potion of Healing" x1, "Potion of Extra Healing" x1, "Potion Of Cloud Giant Strength" x2, "Potion Of Storm Giant Strength" x1, "Potion Of Agility" x2, "Potion Of Perception" x1, "Potion Of Power" x1, "Potion of Explosions" x5, "Protection From Fire (scroll)" x3, "Protection From Electricity (scroll)" x2, "Protection From Poison (scroll)" x4, "Protection From Acid (scroll)" x5, "Protection From Ice (scroll)" x2, "Protection From Undead (scroll)" x4, "Arrow of Dispelling" x4, "Arrow of Piercing" x1, Arrows of Fire +2, "Wand of Frost" x4.

Used spells: "Bless" x1, "Luck" x2, "Haste" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Protection From Evil" x3, "Shield" "Detect Invisibility" (scroll) x1, "Secret Word" x1, "Dispel Magic" x1, "Remove Magic" x1, "Magic Missile" x1,

Used abilities:

Bhaal is not a god Bhaal is a foolish man - 'The Dead Three'. I tried to convince Sarevok to stop that violence - but that was hopeless. Good that Tamoko is alive.

I used lot of my arsenal not because that was a hard battle, but 'cause that was a last battle. Pre-cast has took more time then actually fight :devil:

Alone the enemies is weak but together they a strong, suddenly you can not leave the Bhaal's Building.

After conversation use lot of AoE damage combined with anti-magic spells.

Final_FIgh_1.jpg

Bait on Sarevok on the fast but not very fast character and go with him away to the South side of map because of his terminator ability he will be invulnerable before his followers will fall. In my case Sarevok engaging THIEF.

As for me that was 'Dispel Magic' + 'Remove Magic' + 'Potion of Explosions' x4 - that is really hurts.. After it his magician Semaj must be Skeleton Warrior or will be the hardcore - because of his 'Chaos' + 'Remove Magic' + LOT OF DAMAGE.

Then need to focus their archer - Diarmid or will be fast Game Over, an ideal for that task will be heavy protected from missiles dudes in my case that was fast MONK and FIGHTER/DRUID with crushing damage and shield because of Diarmid's armor.

Then u need to deal with skeletons because they are really annoying. Angelo have very bad casting time so you have some time before he will cast 'Chaos' + 'Fireball' or something nasty .

Final_FIgh_2.jpg

The use 'Detect Invisibility' or something to locate the moron and focus Angelo with 'Arrow of Dispelling' (14 Arrows of Dispelling can be obtained in the Durlag's Tower from skeletons on the 3rd Lower Level. ) and 'Secret Word'

Final_FIgh_3.jpg

Final_FIgh_4.jpg

If someone of your character under 'Chaos' Spell use 'Osiluke's Resilient Sphere' instead or something like that, also you can just run away from them.

After it happens just focus Sarevok.

The battle is not so hard as I though . I think Aec'Letec can alone wipe out Sarevok's band all together.

Final Credits was cool :p . Baldur's Gate : Enhanced Edition with Sword Coast Stratagems mod, and Classic cut-scenes mod has been crossed out.

The Final impression from BG:EE + SCS + Classic Cut-scenes, on the far right difficulty slider setting

AI is nice :worship: , I like it.The Enemy fighters trying to engage weakest party members, if they runs away focus nearest ones. The Enemy magicians wisely using their spell arsenal except some occasions, but suddenly I have not saw enemy Sorcerers that must have unlimited of spells. The Enemy assassins always focus weakest Armor Class characters - that is good. The Enemy Archers not so good they almost always focus hardest AC ;/ .

But: The Ability to leave location with enemies multiplying all of that features by zero.

Just run out of the house with enemies turn back your party and kill whatever comes from the house...

And bugged Aec'Letec - hardest foe in the game, cam on! :( The damned beast with an unreal characteristics and the combat abilities just plugging around the stairs....

So the game was much more easy then 'Dragon Age: Origin' with the hardest difficulty setting because of it. But it was enjoyable.The Final Credits was cool.

Congratulations on finishing the game! This is great feedback on balance and bugs that need investigating.

Thanax to you :p

I think that an another casual gamer finished an another video game :).

But for the fans of the series and D&D rules (I am not a D&D rules follower really I just a like a fun of RPG video games.) maybe will be better to have the more of customization setting in the Difficulty slider, I.E. 'you cannot leave location which in you fighting on'.

I think AI it is something that hard to create , hard to make. In that case SCS AI is more times good then origin. I did not try origin AI , but I think it is a much more worst then with SCS if even SCS have some 'strange' habits.

Actually the game gives you a hint about how to defeat Aec'Letec: the ability he uses is called a Death Gaze. And you can buy those lovely Potions of Mirrored Eyes: "This potion will protect the drinker from all forms of petrification including gaze attacks." :)

In the Durla'gs Tower I have found the Ghoul, that said something like a 'I doubt that standard protection will help against tanari's gaze. Because this is a gaze but not like a gaze.'.

I used 'Protection From Petrification' that was totally useless.

But I did not used against Aec'Letec 'Potions of Mirrored Eyes', maybe this is the solution I do not know .

'Death Gaze' ability that As I remembered:

initial target - 'Dying' no Save, 'Silence' Save vs. Spell or .., 'Paralize/Confusion' - must Save vs. Spell or .., 'Remove Magic' - no Save,

targets within ~10ft. circle range from initial target - 'Silence' must Save vs. Spell or .., 'Paralize/Confusion' - must Save vs. Spell or .., 'Remove Magic' - no Save

But still Aec'Letec have good movement speed and in close combat in addition to the 'Death Gaze' can esily kill my party FIGHTER with -9 Armour Class and 67 HP with just one hit (x2 damage difficulty). Aec'Letec have 4-5 attacks per round!.

Of course do not forgot about Magical Resistance of Aec'Letec and his immunities....

Can drain HP from victims (x2 damage = x2 heal....) and use it to heal itself.

I think in a fair fight with Aec'Letec and hist 6-8 Cult Guards and one an evil magician with, 'Globe..' ,'Mirror Image', 'Stoneskin', 'Contingency' - hell no idea what is that, pre-cast, and 'Magic Missile' Sequencer that can easily cut off over 50 HP and other devastating spells...

It will be difficult. Not impossible of course, but really much more difficult then final battle or the tattle with alone Aec'Letec that stuck before wall and stairs and even not doing his 'Death Gaze'.....

In short case , even alone Aec'Letec is a toughest foe that I saw through a whole game.

How difficult you'll find Aec'Letec is dependent on your party. I don't think SCS gives him anything extra, just makes him a bit smarter in how he uses his spells. But all of them can be countered by potions and items (potions of mirrored eyes against death gaze was in original BG1). Protection of petrification shouldn't work, because his gaze is not petrifying, but I agree the potion description can be a bit misleading. And he does have one weakness: no ranged attack (he uses vampiric touch to heal himself, which is touch range). My funniest battle with Aec'Letec was the one that never happened. I was playing a party of two thieves at that time and they backstabbed the mage before she could summon the demon. :)

That you can leave battle locations is original game problem. I think it's not worth "fixing" (if it even is possible), because it is something you can simply choose not to do, as a player. Dragon Age origins had some bad mechanics too, I played a mage/spirit healer and together with the NPC healer it was possible to keep fighters literally immortal: not even a dragon on nightmare difficulty could kill them.

PS If you haven't tried it yet, play BG2 with SCS and Ascension.

How difficult you'll find Aec'Letec is dependent on your party. I don't think SCS gives him anything extra, just makes him a bit smarter in how he uses his spells. But all of them can be countered by potions and items (potions of mirrored eyes against death gaze was in original BG1). Protection of petrification shouldn't work, because his gaze is not petrifying, but I agree the potion description can be a bit misleading. And he does have one weakness: no ranged attack (he uses vampiric touch to heal himself, which is touch range). My funniest battle with Aec'Letec was the one that never happened. I was playing a party of two thieves at that time and they backstabbed the mage before she could summon the demon. :)

That you can leave battle locations is original game problem. I think it's not worth "fixing" (if it even is possible), because it is something you can simply choose not to do, as a player. Dragon Age origins had some bad mechanics too, I played a mage/spirit healer and together with the NPC healer it was possible to keep fighters literally immortal: not even a dragon on nightmare difficulty could kill them.

PS If you haven't tried it yet, play BG2 with SCS and Ascension.

'Death Gaze' ability has many other effect beside 'Dying' , is the 'Potions of Mirrored Eyes' can protect the target from any of that effects? And 'Death Gaze' it is not a single target ability (BG+SCS) ...

In SCS the mage inside the chamber have pre-casts of magic that includes 'Stoneskin' - she is invulnerable to backstabbing ability, of course in additional to that she have 'Mirror Image' and 'Minor Globe ...'.

Maybe you can disable she with invisibility, without dialog, but this is will be more unfair then stucked Aec'Letec :p

As for me 'Dragon Age: Origin' more difficult then 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition + SCS' (with hardest difficulty setup possible of course).

Yes 'DA:O' have some bad mechanics especially with range of 'AI activity', but ability that gives immortality (As I think) is also prevent the target from any actions.

And still some fights in 'DA:O' more difficult then any of BG:EE battles, especially:

Fight versus 'cursed forest folks and the bold elf' , 'fight versus tall demon inside the little house after completing a long quest...', of course 'DA:O' have a lot of troubles with AI view range and AI targeting like BG:EE too.

Maybe I will try BG2:EE + SCS + Ascension, but AScension mod has many additional changes that I do not want, especially: new wepons, new abilities, new banters and so on

BG is a large game with lot of classes, weapons, kits, magic, abilities I do not need any of that stuff in additional. So for now I think to install Ascension mod or not to install, any suggestions?

P.S. Please less of spoilers .

-------------------------------

The black pits was fun and enjoyable , and easy enough except the final fight (my character was 9th already but I am rarely used him until Tier 2) :p .

The Black Pits. Final Fight (the picture within the spoiler)

The party: MAGE-DIVINER 10th, RANGER-ARCHER 8th, BARBARIAN 8th, PALADIN 8th, CLERIC 8th, THIEF 10th, only mage-diviner has been transporter from BG:EE main campaign all others was already exist .

The Enemies: Baeloth The Entertainer, Elan Garaq, Thardek

Baeloth The Entertainer - The an evil mad Sorcerer. Enslaver.

Special Abilities: - Very Good pre-buff. Devastating spell arsenal. Lot of annoying spell. No spells limit :(. Teleport. Amazing Saving Throws. Very Good Magic Resistance. Permanent Spell Deflection.

Danger: - Very High.

Tactics: - That fellah can unleash hurricane of devastating AoE spells over heads of his foes so an any protection from Lightning, Fire, Cold is very useful. Also you can annoy him with anti-magic spell that can give you some time before AoE booms... Missile weapons will be very good against Teleport ability. Also 4 columns is give to you some advantage - you can hide from the spells beside it.

Elan Garaq - Looks like a big bipedal cat equipped with Scimitar.

Special Abilities: - No pre-buff pathetic....Good AoE spells. Very Good Saving Throws.

Danger: - Average/Low.

Tactics: - An ideal target for AoE damage magic, missiles and so on.

Thardek - Looks like a blue dwarf equipped with Two-handed Sword.

Special Abilities: - No pre-buff pathetic..... Very Good Saving Throws. Good Magic Resistance.

Tactics: - Just do not fight with him in the close combat... He is an ideal target for missile weapons. 'Contagion' works very good on him.

Used items: "Potion of Fire Resistance" x2, "Potion of Magic Shielding" x1, "Potion of Magic Protection" x2, "Potion of Healing" x6, "Potion Of Power" x1 (thanx to mushroom for it ^_^), "Potion of Explosions" x2, "Oil of Fire Burning" x2, "Potion of Defence" x3, "Potion of Cold Resistance" x3, "Arrow of Detonation" x3, "Wand of Fire" x1 , "Arrows +1", "Arrows +2", "Arrows Of Ice", "Bolts +2", "Arrows Of Fire +2", .

Used spells: "Strength" x2, "Bless" x1, "Luck" x1, "Resist Fear" x1, "Protection From Evil" x1, "Cure Light Wounds" x2, "Shield" x1, "Protection From Fire" x3, "Protection From Lightning" x2, "Resist Fire and Cold" x2, "Aid" x2, "Secret Word" x1, "Dispel Magic" x2, "Remove Magic" x1, "Breach" x2, "Spell Thrust" x1, "Contagion" x2.

Used abilities: "Lay On Hands" x1,

For first time I though that Elan Garaq do not want to fight with my party he just runs away to opposite wall and stand there still for some time, so I did not hurt him, but after this he coming back and throwing 'Chain Lightning' in my THIEF , reloading...

Press 'SPACEBAR' right after cut-scene and throw into morons some 'Oil of Fire Burning' and the 'Potion Of Explosions' and\or nasty spells like a 'Fireball'.

The_Black_Pits_Final_Fight.jpg

Then send someone to deal with Cat, because after idle couple rounds the Cat will start throwing a very destructive spells into your party like a 'Chain Lightning'. In my case that was RANGER-ARCHER

Also send someone to take Thardek on him, in my case BARBARIAN with +2 movement speed class bonus was perfect.

Do not immediately starts casting any spell if you in straight sight vision of Baeloth because he will interrupt it. Very good variant to hide your magician beside the square column and from that point to start making 'Remove Magic' or something.

After Baeloth did made something horrible like a 'Fireblast' you must start disturb him with 'Dispel Magic', and 'Breach', and 'Secret Word', and 'Spell Thrust', and so on.. right after. In the same time focus Baeloth with missile weapon do not close him too much, or he will teleports away and you will spent many time to catch him...

After the Cat is gone focus Baeloth with additional character.

If your anti-magic spells will be successful Baeloth will waste the rounds for remaking it, and he will only barely, from time to time throwing his devastating spells into your party. If your anti-magic spells will be not successful Baeloth will wipe out your party very soon regardless any protections.

Thardek must be focused the last one. Just run away from him by someone and he will follow you to the end of fight.

I won that fight once, but suddenly with dead heroes in my party, so I reloaded, make right pre-cast, and won without dead heroes in the party :p.

Strange that I expect to fight with Ghlouralk but no battle was with him...

Maybe this is good thing because that 'flying eyes' looks little bit scary :p .

All of slaves is free , and me happy ^_^. But Baeloth did not died, he escaped from hell with Najim's help. o_o . //The End.\\

Hi,

Ascension doesn't add "new weapons, new abilities, new banters" and it's only for ToB-part of the game. I'ts currently alpha for BG2:EE so i suggest you to skip it for now and play BG2:EE + SCS + Tactics EE BETA - until you will finish the game, hopefully Ascension will be widely tested and you would just reinstall you game with new version of the mods, start new ToB game and import you saved game/character.

Potion of mirrored eyes should protect from all the effect of death gaze, yes. It has been a while since I've played BG1, but there were also potions that would make every save an automatic success, you can use those too.

As for Ascension, I can't really compare it to original BG2, because I have never played ToB without it. At the end of SoA my party was such a high level, that all the battles were simply boring; if not for this mod, I would have probably never finished ToB. But if you have the time to play through it twice, then starting with only SCS (because without it BG2 really lacks any challenge) is better, of course.

I wouldn't worry about Ascension adding new weapons (I think it adds only one?) or powers (it makes sense for rp reasons), because the difficulty of tougher battles balances it out. The new dialogues add roleplaying options (especially for good characters), which should have been in the game in the first place, in my opinion. And the main author of Ascension is David Gaider, who was one of the developers behind BG2, so the additional content fits the game really well.

PS The mod readme is full of spoilers, so don't read it until you have finished the game.

edit: If the BG2:EE Ascension version is not finished, then of course playing with just SCS is better. You can always watch out for sales on gog, and get the original BG2 quite cheap from there.

Hi,

Ascension doesn't add "new weapons, new abilities, new banters" and it's only for ToB-part of the game. I'ts currently alpha for BG2:EE so i suggest you to skip it for now and play BG2:EE + SCS + Tactics EE BETA - until you will finish the game, hopefully Ascension will be widely tested and you would just reinstall you game with new version of the mods, start new ToB game and import you saved game/character.

Hello.

Thanx for the answer.

I read the Weimer's Tactic mod Readme, but I tried to avoid spoilers so I used 'search' for words 'kit' and I have found 'Anti-Paladin' new kit, 'Fighter-Class Archer Kit' but the game already have a lot of kits , I do not need another ones, is this components can be disabled?

I think the Weimer's Tactic mod and SCS doing almost the same work so I need to install them both or only one of it?

Potion of mirrored eyes should protect from all the effect of death gaze, yes. It has been a while since I've played BG1, but there were also potions that would make every save an automatic success, you can use those too.

{...}

edit: If the BG2:EE Ascension version is not finished, then of course playing with just SCS is better. You can always watch out for sales on gog, and get the original BG2 quite cheap from there.

Thanx for the answer.

Yeah, spoilers is an evil indeed :mad: . Maybe I should just install something and start to play it. But I hate the Infinity Engine Games because you need to spend much time to configure it then actually playing it - joke :beholder: .

Yeah, and after 1-2 rounds your protection from 'Death Gaze' will be removed by an evil magician's "Remove Magic" or by Aec'Letec's "Remove Magic", at least from one character - then 'Death Gaze' = Game Over, or you need to hide your 'removed' character from Aec'Letec' sight and drink another 'Potions of Mirrored Eyes', in the same time you need to focus enemy an evil magician - this is a quite annoying.... , in additional to that 6 Cult Guards... So still, I think that Aec'Letec is more challenging then any other fights in BG:EE + SCS.

That Ascension mod looks cool from what you saying, hell I need so many time to configure the game... But better spent some time to configure the long-time walk-through game then regard about something in the middle of the game after...

20 EUR - this money that I can live on it a couple months for.... So spent 20 EUR to buy the video-game and another +/- 50 EUR for shipping it is a destructive magic for myself budget :party:

Archived