SCS — BG:EE , on INSANE (far right scroll) difficulty setting.

frostysh

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41242/tactics-mod-bg2ee-compatibility-conversion-and-beta-test/p1

Musigny has done a comprehensive analysis of SCS and Tactics compatibility. If you download the file linked there you can see this information in the readme.

Thanx for useful link.

That forum make me headaches I mean it is interface.. giberlings3 is looks much more times better. Gibberlings3 forum pages loading is fast but beamdog's pages can load in with my connections by couple minutes.... :(

But I hell no idea what I need to instal.. As for myself I want only SCS2 for BG2:EE, but it seems the Tactics and Ascension is good mods too many peoples had work on it, so maybe I need to install this stuff too?

The Giberlings3 fixpack is need to be installed for BG2:EE or not need to be installed???

Anscension is not compilable with BG2:EE (I have no vanilla BG2 only BG2:EE :/ ) for now so maybe my build must be like it:

Giberlings3 FixPack, Tactics with no installed interfering components Sword Coast Stratagems II: Compatibility, Sword Coast Stratagems 2, Classic Cut-scenes ???

My recommendation is: don't install Tactics on your first playthrough. I like the mod, but it is something worth trying after you have finished the game at least once, because some parts of it were made as a "joke" and do not fit BG2 at all, and - what's worse - make no sense from a roleplaying point of view. SCS alone will be enough (if you choose the mages and priests prebuff option they will provide plenty of challenge) and it keeps to the original spirit of the game.

As for Ascension and EE - you could try this, maybe (don't install the entire big picture mod, just the Ascension part of it)?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38405/cant-install-ascension-mod-on-bgii-ee-please-help

- but I'd recommend it for your second playthrough, just to be sure. Then at least you'll already know the story and don't have to worry about spoilers if you need help troubleshooting it.

PS Don't buy old games on gog at full price. Just wait until they have them on sale again (they do it often). I got some games from them for 1-2 euros. :) Also, they don't ship games, you download them (you need a good internet connection, though).

BG2:EE includes the fixes from the G3 Fixpack. You do not need to install the G3 Fixpack on top of BG2:EE (and if you try, it will break things).

There is a new version of Ascension for BG2:EE under development, newer than the version in the Big Picture mod. Ascension only changes the TOB part of the game. If you follow ALIEN's suggestion and wait until you finish the Shadows of Amn part of BG2:EE, the Ascension for EE will be more stable and you can install it then.

Like chimaera, I recommend skipping Tactics if this is your first time playing BG2.

In addition to SCS, I would add Unfinished Business for BG2:EE -- http://www.pocketplane.net/ub

Also Almateria's Restoration Project -- http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56026-almaterias-restoration-project/

As a complement to SCS, Rogue Rebalancing is a popular choice -- http://spellholdstudios.net/ie/rr

If you are playing on Windows, you might find the BiG World Setup tool helpful for selecting and installing mods: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/704157

My recommendation is: don't install Tactics on your first playthrough. I like the mod, but it is something worth trying after you have finished the game at least once, because some parts of it were made as a "joke" and do not fit BG2 at all, and - what's worse - make no sense from a roleplaying point of view. SCS alone will be enough (if you choose the mages and priests prebuff option they will provide plenty of challenge) and it keeps to the original spirit of the game.

As for Ascension and EE - you could try this, maybe (don't install the entire big picture mod, just the Ascension part of it)?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38405/cant-install-ascension-mod-on-bgii-ee-please-help

- but I'd recommend it for your second playthrough, just to be sure. Then at least you'll already know the story and don't have to worry about spoilers if you need help troubleshooting it.

PS Don't buy old games on gog at full price. Just wait until they have them on sale again (they do it often). I got some games from them for 1-2 euros. :) Also, they don't ship games, you download them (you need a good internet connection, though).

Thanx for advice, that is very likely I would to do.

But maybe I should just use that 'Big World' mod manager? It seems to be properly configured for BG2:EE. If size of that mod manager is not so big like a world I will install it :).

--edit---

Holy Molly there so many mods....

---edit1---

1-2 EUR it is not so bad for me, I can spare it for game that I will play. But with my connections it is need to couple days for downloading ~1.5 GB of data ;/ . I can not change my connection :( .

BG2:EE includes the fixes from the G3 Fixpack. You do not need to install the G3 Fixpack on top of BG2:EE (and if you try, it will break things).

There is a new version of Ascension for BG2:EE under development, newer than the version in the Big Picture mod. Ascension only changes the TOB part of the game. If you follow ALIEN's suggestion and wait until you finish the Shadows of Amn part of BG2:EE, the Ascension for EE will be more stable and you can install it then.

Like chimaera, I recommend skipping Tactics if this is your first time playing BG2.

In addition to SCS, I would add Unfinished Business for BG2:EE -- http://www.pocketplane.net/ub

Also Almateria's Restoration Project -- http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56026-almaterias-restoration-project/

As a complement to SCS, Rogue Rebalancing is a popular choice -- http://spellholdstudios.net/ie/rr

If you are playing on Windows, you might find the BiG World Setup tool helpful for selecting and installing mods: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/704157

Too many mods ... :crazy: I want to play but I have , do know hot to say it on English - I have a hard thing with choice of game mods.

Rouge Rebalancing making too many changes into game as for myself.

Unfinished Business - looks not bad, it is just a additional quests, so I think will be no harm I will install it, right? :L)

Almateria's Restoration Project - looks cool too, I did not read it to try avoid cursed spoilers, so it is just 'cosmetic' changes or it is like 'new kits' or something?

Almateria's Restoration Project - looks cool too, I did not read it to try avoid cursed spoilers, so it is just 'cosmetic' changes or it is like 'new kits' or something?

It is very much like the Unfinished Business mod.

--edit---

Holy Molly there so many mods....

Ahh, nothing compared to the mass of the BGT with 500+ mod and 1500 components, in BWS. :p

Thanx to this forum and very useful answers I decided to install some mods.

I will try to install that configuration.

Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition

1. Unfinished Business
  2. Almateria's Restoration Project
  3. Tactics: Improved Ilyich, the Ritual, Kuroisan, Red Badge, Lich in the Docks, Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks, Improved Crypt King, Improved Nymphs, Tougher Fire Giants
  4. Sword Coast Stratagems 2

No I need to decide how to install all this ... stuff, and I hope this will work... :mutant:

I'd suggest you leave Improved Illyich for next time. The beginning of BG2 is quite dark (much darker than BG1) and should be experienced as such, in my opinion. Improved Illyich was made as a joke and doesn't treat the game seriously. While it can be fun to play (I like this type of humor), it spoils the mood. It's the difference between watching a horror movie and a horror comedy.

Also, both Ritual and Kuroisan add very overpowered items, from what I remember.

I'd suggest you leave Improved Illyich for next time. The beginning of BG2 is quite dark (much darker than BG1) and should be experienced as such, in my opinion. Improved Illyich was made as a joke and doesn't treat the game seriously. While it can be fun to play (I like this type of humor), it spoils the mood. It's the difference between watching a horror movie and a horror comedy.

Also, both Ritual and Kuroisan add very overpowered items, from what I remember.

Thanx.

I should reconsider my installation plan.

But for sure I do no like the horrors, high gore levels, or something like it included in the video-games, I tried to shut it off - as the blood in BG1:EE but suddenly I had no success.

Can someone download Tactics2_for_EE-alpha66bis.zip from this thread Tactics mod - BG2EE compatibility - conversion and beta test, and put it in post at this forum? because I can not :( for someway , maybe because that beamdog' i.forum stupid interface :mad:

Thanx.

What I meant is that BG2 has a serious beginning, not that it turns into horror, no worries. :) Improved Illyich is comedy, that's why I wouldn't recommend it for a first-time playthrough.

I'm not registered on beamdog's forums, can't help with that one, sorry.

Yeah I see, I am dumb.

I forgot that I have my own account there. So only registered user can download some stuff..

I should not using that "Improved Illirich" setting, but I think walk-through will be only one and obviously the first .

Thanx. Regardless I am already registered and downloaded that stupid file..

- Install eetact2 after Stratagems

• Components with no overlap with SCS : should be compatible. These are: Improved Ilyich, the Ritual, Kuroisan, Red Badge, Lich in the Docks, Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks, Improved Crypt King, Improved Nymphs, and the kits. Install these before SCS
  • Improved Undead is basically not compatible with SCS . If you want to try it anyway, it will need to be installed after SCS (it's the only component of Tactics for which this is true).
  • Tougher Fire Giants appears to be compatible with SCS 's "Improved Fire Giant Temple". Install the Tactics version first, and you should find that fire giants get both the Tactics and the SCS upgrades.
SYSTEM_FAILURE...

okey-dokey smokey but what I should install first at all!?

----edit----

I have doubts that Unfinished Business compatible to BG2:EE ...

And in addition to that this mods adding some new Sub-classes that I do no need. Maybe this mod can be installed component by component, step by step?

Follow Musigny's advice. DavidW's readme is for the old Tactics, not Musigny's new version.

Thanx!

I am zzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzz But I want to install that modes. So what about Unfinished Business and Almateria's Recreation Project I suppose that I need to install only one of them? Or both of them?

I read in 'Genera Bul&*it' section of Almateria's stuff that this mod is just a further development of UB? - This is true? So I need to install only Almateria's stuff? I HOPE THIS MOD WILL NOT RUIN THE GAME :) .

Archived