Mod Compatibility List for EET

AC Quest Pack encountered various minor episodes - no issues, no bugs

Main quest *Snakes of Abator* - the quest works (no dwarf in my party version), solved including end-screen and rewards from Emerson. Some small issues:

1. CtD in AC4400 area when moving to southern part - obviously caused by spawning points trying to spawn non-existing creatures. Anyway this does not directly affect the quest as there is no real need to go to those parts of the map.

2. Wrong mapnotes in mines AC4403, AC4402 (old stgrefs???)

3. Dwarfs in BG Temple of Helm stand around with nothing to say after they gave the quest info after Draglon escaped (everything you need is found on scrolls you find in the further quest, so they are not needed really, just strange they still await your further reports?). They are still there after the quest has completely finished *waiting for strong dwarven ale*.

PS issues 2 + 3 are not specific to EET version, they existed in BGT already.

Thanks for posting this issues!

1. Will look through the files

2. Thought I fixed that, but maybe only on the local copy... :D

3. Hmm, they should not appear in the temple above a specific point... (Have to play through this way... ;))

I think, I'll have a look on these problems next weekend... :)

Edit: 1 + 2 are fixed, need to investigate 3. further... ;)

Edited by White Agnus

Some very positive feedback to EET mods

I just finished Stone of Askavar Version 1.9 in EET, it is fully integrated - playable without any bug, issues that were existing in BGT before have all been fixed. (minor cosmetic issues, the Stone itself (itm) can be founf twice in the final area on two dead enemies - Rondan and Hanwen). The revised Rebecca is nice - extra point for making all contents available before travelling to Baldur's Gate City.

Dark Horizons, first part (prior BG City) also fully integrated - plays bug free, joinable Nikita sounds interesting (not yet developped).

Currently I am halfways through DSotSC - no issues so far, some known difficulties in BGT are fully fixed in the EET version (some of them might have been caused by other mods in BGT), the EET version so far is bug free - An extra plus for the Dragon fight being moved into the lair + extra dragon hoard area. (Cosmetic - journal entries not yet provided, is work in progress),

AC Quest pack - EET version works perfectly - no bugs.

Sirens Call - EET version works perfectly - no bugs.

PS - I only mentioned those mods that might have been affected by EET due to the changes introduced by its concepts (areas, items, worldmap etc), there are no problems (introduced by EET) with mods that just needed simple conversion (e.g. most NPC mods).

Update

Dark Horizons in EET second part in Baldur City finished - no issues

DSotSC in EET with all quests finished successfully - a bug free version of this mod in EET (more details in the mod's own thread http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27791&do=findComment&comment=241786)

The Grey Clan just received the initial quest and will follow it now.

Update

Grey Clan PT1 has been fully tested now - it is another mod that is fit for EET.

AC Quest Pack encountered various minor episodes - no issues, no bugs

Main quest *Snakes of Abator* - the quest works (no dwarf in my party version), solved including end-screen and rewards from Emerson. Some small issues:

1. CtD in AC4400 area when moving to southern part - obviously caused by spawning points trying to spawn non-existing creatures. Anyway this does not directly affect the quest as there is no real need to go to those parts of the map.

2. Wrong mapnotes in mines AC4403, AC4402 (old stgrefs???)

3. Dwarfs in BG Temple of Helm stand around with nothing to say after they gave the quest info after Draglon escaped (everything you need is found on scrolls you find in the further quest, so they are not needed really, just strange they still await your further reports?). They are still there after the quest has completely finished *waiting for strong dwarven ale*.

PS issues 2 + 3 are not specific to EET version, they existed in BGT already.

Update

My next station on the trip is the Drizzt Saga, he joined me after Durlag's tower now. The issue with his swords causing CTDs in BGT seems to be solved for EET, no problem. We made it to Hell successfully - (I am using Sandrah's tweak to send his rescued companions home instead being forced to take them into the party, so I can keep all my party except one, who had to make room for Drizzt.)

- issue maybe caused by EET? - most enemy creatures have wrong stringref's in their names (some random dialogue lines from the game). Drizzt Saga is installed in BGEE and then translated by EET.

- issue maybe caused by EET? - most enemy creatures have wrong stringref's in their names (some random dialogue lines from the game). Drizzt Saga is installed in BGEE and then translated by EET.

all creatures with F_ prefix have correct names in my game. Please check the problematic CRE filename and than see if the problem shows up in NI.

Edited by K4thos

all creatures with F_ prefix have correct names in my game. Please check the problematic CRE filename and than see if the problem shows up in NI.

Yes, I checked and confirm that the F_xxxx creatures are correct. It affects the other ones, e.g. all in area F_6666.

I could identify Belhilfet = #bel.cre, I checked changelogs for both BGEE and BG2EE but nothing changed it. The other ones I cannot even identify, as they all appear as *none* in NI, and their names are random strings from dialogues. Maybe it is the way they are attached to the F_6666.are file? Looking at Drizztsaga/cre it seems they were not part of the Drizzt mod but have a different source and Drizzt just used them - that other source may not (yet) be part of EET?

Anyway, the creatures exist, there is no CtD for missing cre/animation or such. They also have the animations/abilities/XPs/dropped items etc they used to have in BGT.

I assume it is something in the way these very old mods were constructed which is a bit different from what we do now...

Edited by Roxanne
I assume it is something in the way these very old mods were constructed which is a bit different from what we do now...

nah, it's simply bug in the mod. Not related to EET. Same thing happens when the mod is installed on vanilla BG:EE.

Edited by K4thos

nah, it's simply bug in the mod. Not related to EET. Same thing happens when the mod is installed on vanilla BG:EE.

I am halfways through Drizzt Saga by now and all else is fine until now - so it just affects those creatures that come with F_6666.are.

I've been looking at files with wrong TLK loaded in NI. It works correctly on vanilla BG:EE, so it's indeed conversion problem. This mod attaches whole CRE files into F_6666 and F_6661. I wasn't even aware that it's possible to attach CRE files directly into ARE (btw. anyone knows what's the point in doing so?). This will be fixed in future. Thanks for the report.

Edited by K4thos

I've been looking at files with wrong TLK loaded in NI. It works correctly on vanilla BG:EE, so it's indeed conversion problem. This mod attaches whole CRE files into F_6666 and F_6661. I wasn't even aware that it's possible to attach CRE files directly into ARE (btw. anyone knows what's the point in doing so?). This will be fixed in future. Thanks for the report.

Those two areas (they make the *Nine Hells* episode of the mod) always appeared as an oddity - they may very well originate from a very old version of the mod or even some older source. They are not really connected to the rest - but the way the mod is constructed you need to pass through them to get to the real quest, unless you decide to modify the mod in a way that this episode is left out (doing this would in deed add to the mod, as this initial overpowered episode has brought the mod a large part of its negative reputation).

But maybe this suggestion is more than you may venture to do.

Edited by Roxanne

Those two areas (they make the *Nine Hells* episode of the mod) always appeared as an oddity - they may very well originate from a very old version of the mod or even some older source. They are not really connected to the rest - but the way the mod is constructed you need to pass through them to get to the real quest, unless you decide to modify the mod in a way that this episode is left out (doing this would in deed add to the mod, as this initial overpowered episode has brought the mod a large part of its negative reputation).

But maybe this suggestion is more than you may venture to do.

Finished the remainder of Drizzt Saga without further issues. Except for that *Hell Episode* the converted mod workds well with EET.

Roxanne, if you feel inclined to do more testing, feel free to try the FFT pre-release on GitHub: https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/FishingForTrouble/releases

I haven't had time to test it yet beyond verifying that it installs correctly (and incorporating K4thos' worldmap patch).

I am testing a lot of mods as I go through the whole EET trilogy to test the re-build Sandrah mod but I am still in the BG1 part of it (as this is the hardest bit to do integration with).

And NO - I will definitely NOT install, play or test FFT after that very ugly clash with the mod's author on SHS (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58508-permission-to-continue-fft/?do=findComment&comment=586764) last week.

Continue my test reports for the big mods in EET

TDDz

I finished the Trollford episodes, both parts - no technical issues, everything works fine.

Just some improvements to be considered (they are in the original - but maybe EET is a chance to be better?)

- items found in DD9005 (staff and robe of vecna may be exchanged for lesser booty)

- area DD9007 - the minimap shows the entry to Suldanessalar (uses the Tethir forrest map)

- the XP reward you get for returning the boy and returning the girl is excessive!!! 1/10th of it is enough, given that you already get all the XP from the monsters encountered to rescue them.

Edited by Roxanne

Continue my test reports for the big mods in EET

TDDz

I finished the Trollford episodes, both parts - no technical issues, everything works fine.

Just some improvements to be considered (they are in the original - but maybe EET is a chance to be better?)

- items found in DD9005 (staff and robe of vecna may be exchanged for lesser booty)

- area DD9007 - the minimap shows the entry to Suldanessalar (uses the Tethir forrest map)

- the XP reward you get for returning the boy and returning the girl is excessive!!! 1/10th of it is enough, given that you already get all the XP from the monsters encountered to rescue them.

Update

Did another episode Purskal

Works perfectly, no issues from the mod itself

Again, final XP reward should be just 1/10th given that you already get all the XP from the monsters encountered

One issue related rather to EE than to the mod - the final showdown is a long cutscene with a lot of overhead text - this is not really useable due to the ultra-poor way the EE handles cutscenes - hopefully there is a solution to this global problem with the next BG2EE version, otherwise a lot of mods need to be newly written in the long term (and a lot of beandog's own stuff as well).

Edited by Roxanne