Mod Compatibility List for EET

Continue my test reports for the big mods in EET

TDDz

I finished the Trollford episodes, both parts - no technical issues, everything works fine.

Just some improvements to be considered (they are in the original - but maybe EET is a chance to be better?)

- items found in DD9005 (staff and robe of vecna may be exchanged for lesser booty)

- area DD9007 - the minimap shows the entry to Suldanessalar (uses the Tethir forrest map)

- the XP reward you get for returning the boy and returning the girl is excessive!!! 1/10th of it is enough, given that you already get all the XP from the monsters encountered to rescue them.

Update

Did another episode Purskal

Works perfectly, no issues from the mod itself

Again, final XP reward should be just 1/10th given that you already get all the XP from the monsters encountered

One issue related rather to EE than to the mod - the final showdown is a long cutscene with a lot of overhead text - this is not really useable due to the ultra-poor way the EE handles cutscenes - hopefully there is a solution to this global problem with the next BG2EE version, otherwise a lot of mods need to be newly written in the long term (and a lot of beandog's own stuff as well).

Edited by Roxanne

Continue my test reports for the big mods in EET

TDDz

I finished the Trollford episodes, both parts - no technical issues, everything works fine.

Just some improvements to be considered (they are in the original - but maybe EET is a chance to be better?)

- items found in DD9005 (staff and robe of vecna may be exchanged for lesser booty)

- area DD9007 - the minimap shows the entry to Suldanessalar (uses the Tethir forrest map)

- the XP reward you get for returning the boy and returning the girl is excessive!!! 1/10th of it is enough, given that you already get all the XP from the monsters encountered to rescue them.

Update

Did another episode Purskal

Works perfectly, no issues from the mod itself

Again, final XP reward should be just 1/10th given that you already get all the XP from the monsters encountered

One issue related rather to EE than to the mod - the final showdown is a long cutscene with a lot of overhead text - this is not really useable due to the ultra-poor way the EE handles cutscenes - hopefully there is a solution to this global problem with the next BG2EE version, otherwise a lot of mods need to be newly written in the long term (and a lot of beandog's own stuff as well).

Update

Also now finished Eshpurta complete episode - works perfectly from beginning to end.

Tapanasacar could use some finetuning, he is completely overpowered for BG2 unless you do the same to your own party - which does not fit into the EET context. (Anyway you have the option to leave him out without losing any content - it may just give the mod as a whole a reputation that it does not deserve.)

In summary, the part of TDD already available for EET through the TDDz works fine. I sincerely hope the rest will follow.

Thanks a lot to shadowlich for the work.

New version TDDZ v.1.1. is now released, see release notes here; http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58521-mod-the-darkest-day-z/page-2?do=findComment&comment=587490

Adds new episodes from Riatavin and beginning of final quest (plus Robilard NPC option).

I finished first of the Riatavin episodes, Orgoth's Tower, flawless conversion for EET.

One minor issue for soldiers in area DDCT33.are with script demgrdrx.bcs

IF

See([0.0.DEMONIC])

Range([0.0.DEMONIC],15)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Attack(NearestEnemyOfType([0.0.DEMONIC]))

END

They just stand around without attacking nearby demons, maybe distance trigger needs to be increased?

o

Edited by Roxanne

Hmm, only a question... is this the right place to discuss TDDz?

Actually I was reporting here all the experiences made with the big mods especially converted for EET, not just TDDz. And some observations (like items or XP are mostly relevant when you play the mods in the EET global context).

But of course I will stop this immediately.

I don't understand what those quotes are for. And I don't understand what the problem is with the FFT author - he had some of his work taken and published without permission, and seems right to have been angry. Though, I do note that a post of his in that thread was edited... perhaps he said something rude and then deleted it later.

Roxanne, you can hold one heck of a grudge! :) But you are also one heck of a mod tester, keep up the good work!

Anyway, just want to put in my 2 cents urging someone to test FFT. It's a great mod, personality conflicts aside. It takes place entirely within SoA, so if it works in BG2EE I don't see why it wouldn't work in EET...

4. Mods that have partial compatybility with EET but should not be installed before author resolves remaining issues:

k4thos, I believe everything is update on my end with these mods. Specifically you might try

- NPC_EE v2.3:

https://github.com/subtledoctor/NPC_EE/releases/tag/2.3

- Might & Guile v2.1:

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Might_and_Guile/releases/tag/2.1

- Scales of Balance v5.1:

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Scales_of_Balance/releases/tag/5.1

Just note, anyone reading this, that 5.1 update to SoB is a *pre-release* ... one of the components assumes the EE 2.0 patch is present and might not install properly with EE v1.3. Until the 2.0 update, keep using SoB v5.0.1:

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Scales_of_Balance/releases/tag/5.0.1

Me again.

BGT had this inner mod called BGTmusic. What I think it did was making the music play properly for BG1 and BG2 areas but also there was one more cool thing about it. Some tracks that were intended for the original game (but lacking in the vanilla game) were restored! This includes additional tavern and battle music. Is such a feat considered for EET?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how to I apply the patches to these mods? Do I need some form of compiler to apply the code displayed when I follow these links?

From the first post... You download the whole punch and then you extract the mod and then copy over the changed files to the mod files BEFORE you install the mod. Of course you should wait for the EET official release to use them... They do not really do a thing without it. As most are just patches to update of this to that: GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee~ => GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee eet~

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how to I apply the patches to these mods? Do I need some form of compiler to apply the code displayed when I follow these links?
From the first post... You download the whole punch and then you extract the mod and then copy over the changed files to the mod files BEFORE you install the mod. Of course you should wait for the EET official release to use them... They do not really do a thing without it. As most are just patches to update of this to that: GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee~ => GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee eet~

Thank you for the prompt response. I originally attempted to do that, but every time I selected a file it just displayed the actual file contents (the code). Every time I would attempt to save the target, it would only save as an HTML file. That's primarily where my confusion stemmed from. In any case, I shall wait for the formal release of EET.

Furthermore, welcome back Gibberlings 3. The Baldur's Gate series has always been my favorite, but after discovering mods around 2007, I just don't see how I ever played this game without them. Thank you!

Kk4thos on 15. Jan 2016 said:

I'm working on updating NTotSC to work with both EET and BGT at the same time, so a version that hopefully will replace the one currently hosted on SHS. Native support, so installed after EET on BG2:EE or after BGT on BG2. Similar treatment as DSotSC, so modernized tp2 coding, EE engine related changes, cross-platform coding, internalization of all known bugfixes and major item and XP balancing overhaul.

Is this still planned?

Might it even be available for EET V1.0 RC?