Mod Compatibility List for EET

Roxanne, glad it works for you now :)

I found now the source of the problem and it is not the game but occasional CPU overload of my graphic card if I read the log correctly. I just provide this information for others that may encounter a similar problem. The excessive CPU request closes the program which appears like a CtD in the EE game.

I have a clean install of EET RC4 on a clean BGEE and BG2EE.

When I start a new BG1 game and switch to the worldmap, I have a CtD.

I take a look on the worldmap.wmp file in NearInfinity and it looks fine.
The Sod worldmap Bgmap.wmp works. I have started a SOD game and the worldmap has no problem.

I also tried my BP-BGT-worldmap and it didn't work.

But I think it's a local problem. Perhaps Roxanne can tell me where I can find the graphic cards log file.

worldmap.wmp.txt

Thanks. I've just tested your worldmap.wmp file and it works fine here, so the file is not corrupted. Can't really help with this issue since it indeed looks like a local problem with computer that is not able to handle larger maps. Maybe try to disable background programs before starting the game. Also have you tried turning the computer off and on again? ;) Please share your PC specs (CPU, GPU, system) for a reference.

Edited by K4thos

Thanks. I've just tested your worldmap.wmp file and it works fine here, so the file is not corrupted. Can't really help with this issue since it indeed looks like a local problem with computer that is not able to handle larger maps. Maybe try to disable background programs before starting the game. Also have you tried turning the computer off and on again? ;) Please share your PC specs (CPU, GPU, system) for a reference.

Please share your PC specs (CPU, GPU, system) for a reference.

CPU: Core I7 5820

Ram: 16GB

GPU: GTX 970

System: WIN10

It should be fast enough.

I tried on BGT and it works fine.

:thumbsup::beer:

Same experience here - I also have windows 10 - everything worked with BGT and huge worldmap for years. Looks like EE is more CPU consuming, especially with huge worldmap. I solved it by removing some windows10 background garbage (e.g. cortana and such) and updating my drivers. After re-start I no longer have problems.

Just one hint - make a save before travelling via worldmap. The EE engine looses the autosaves when you encounter the CtD and you may have to return to an earlier stage if it happens.

I think there is nothing EET can do here, it is a computer specific issue.

Edited by Roxanne

Same experience here - I also have windows 10 - everything worked with BGT and huge worldmap for years. Looks like EE is more CPU consuming, especially with huge worldmap. I solved it by removing some windows10 background garbage (e.g. cortana and such) and updating my drivers. After re-start I no longer have problems.

Just one hint - make a save before travelling via worldmap. The EE engine looses the autosaves when you encounter the CtD and you may have to return to an earlier stage if it happens.

I think it's more an engine optimization bug or giant memory leak rather that not capable enough computer considering the specs posted by Weido. I'm running this game with huge version of BP-BGT Worldmap on HD3000 integrated Intel card and gen 2 intel core-i7, which are not even comparable to what was posted and yet the game never CTD. There is at least one more optimization problem with the game regarding sprite outlines feature - in SoD this simple feature brings my laptop to kneels in scenes with many NPCs (single digit FPS) but after disabling it the game once again runs full speed. Since they will look into that issue (it was submited if I remember correctly) maybe they will also improve optimization with other hardware setups.

Reporting it on Beamdog Redime wouldn't hurt, although in such case give them repo steps based on vanilla games + BG-BGT Worldmap installation to eliminate any interference caused by other mods. After CTD the game creates DMP file inside "Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition/crash" directory, which Beamdog can analyse to find what is causing it. I'm not reporting it since it doesn't crash to me but I encourage others to do so, if this happens on vanilla games too with worldmap mod installed, like in Roxanne case.

Edited by K4thos

I've just finished installing SCS using latest EET release and now have a problem with BGEE Leveling Spawns(also latest) The problem: ERROR: Failure("EET/FluidStates.tpa has not been detected"). Digging through BGEE Spawn I found that this file eet_cpmvars has this comment //there is no point in installing the mod that need these variables if this file has not been generated or has been deleted

Any suggestions? debug file changed to txt for uploading to here.

SETUP-BGEESPAWN.txt

I think it's more an engine optimization bug or giant memory leak rather that not capable enough computer considering the specs posted by Weido. I'm running this game with huge version of BP-BGT Worldmap on HD3000 integrated Intel card and gen 2 intel core-i7, which are not even comparable to what was posted and yet the game never CTD. There is at least one more optimization problem with the game regarding sprite outlines feature - in SoD this simple feature brings my laptop to kneels in scenes with many NPCs (single digit FPS) but after disabling it the game once again runs full speed. Since they will look into that issue (it was submited if I remember correctly) maybe they will also improve optimization with other hardware setups.

Reporting it on Beamdog Redime wouldn't hurt, although in such case give them repo steps based on vanilla games + BG-BGT Worldmap installation to eliminate any interference caused by other mods. After CTD the game creates DMP file inside "Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition/crash" directory, which Beamdog can analyse to find what is causing it. I'm not reporting it since it doesn't crash to me but I encourage others to do so, if this happens on vanilla games too with worldmap mod installed, like in Roxanne case.

This is what my graphic card says (NVIDIA) in response to its error message on the CtDs and it seems to fit into the discussion:

"The most common cause for this issue is that the application exhausted the resources available to it in the GPU. It can also be caused by application sending to the Graphics Card a command stream that can not be broken into small enough pieces to be processed."

Error during installation of TDDz:

RELOAD TDDz/TEMP/Translations/setup.tra
loading 1 tra file

RELOAD TDDz/TEMP/Translations/tp2.tra
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [TDD/CRE/ZOMBX1.CRE]
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [TDDz/_CORE/CreaturesContract.2da] -> [TDDz/TEMP/_CORE/CreaturesContract.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "TDD/CRE/ZOMBX1.CRE"))

ERROR Installing [TDD - Core], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   4 files for [TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      4 files for [TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "TDD/CRE/ZOMBX1.CRE")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-TDDZ.DEBUG to shadowlich

Only Ascension (master from https://github.com/whiteagnus/Ascension) installed before.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialise EET (first mod in install order): 1.0 RC4
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #101 // Ascension Portraits - Bodhi: v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #102 // Ascension Portraits - Original Balthazar by Cuv: v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues by shawne: v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended EE Epilogues by shawne: v1.5 BETA_20160522
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #999 // Remove Anyone Identifier in EA.ids: v1.5 BETA_20160522

SETUP-TDDZ.DEBUG
SETUP-TDDZ.DEBUG.txt

Edited by Azoth

Error during installation of TDDz:

RELOAD TDDz/TEMP/Translations/setup.tra
loading 1 tra file

RELOAD TDDz/TEMP/Translations/tp2.tra
Copying 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [TDD/CRE/ZOMBX1.CRE]
ERROR: [TDDz/_CORE/CreaturesContract.2da] -> [TDDz/TEMP/_CORE/CreaturesContract.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "TDD/CRE/ZOMBX1.CRE"))

ERROR Installing [TDD - Core], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   4 files for [TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      4 files for [TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "TDD/CRE/ZOMBX1.CRE")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-TDDZ.DEBUG to shadowlich

Only Ascension (master from https://github.com/whiteagnus/Ascension) installed before.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialise EET (first mod in install order): 1.0 RC4

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #101 // Ascension Portraits - Bodhi: v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #102 // Ascension Portraits - Original Balthazar by Cuv: v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues by shawne: v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended EE Epilogues by shawne: v1.5 BETA_20160522

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #999 // Remove Anyone Identifier in EA.ids: v1.5 BETA_20160522

SETUP-TDDZ.DEBUG

attachicon.gifSETUP-TDDZ.DEBUG.txt

Do you have the TDD (original mod) extracted to your game folder? You need to have the original mod + TDDz, but DO NOT install with original TDD setup (remove setup-TDD.exe and tp2) but with TDDz setup instead.

Edited by Roxanne

I've just finished installing SCS using latest EET release and now have a problem with BGEE Leveling Spawns(also latest) The problem: ERROR: Failure("EET/FluidStates.tpa has not been detected"). Digging through BGEE Spawn I found that this file eet_cpmvars has this comment //there is no point in installing the mod that need these variables if this file has not been generated or has been deleted

Any suggestions? debug file changed to txt for uploading to here.

There were some changes between beta and release candidate release. That error means that the mod uses outdated "eet_cpmvars.tpa" file (EET 1.0 RC and later doesn't use FluidStates.tpa at all).

Copy this file "EET/other/cpmvars/eet_cpmvars.tpa" and overwrite the same file located in "bgeespawn/lib/" directory with it. This will fix the problem.

I will send updated version to AstrobryGuy. Thanks for report.

Edited by K4thos

Do you have the TDD (original mod) extracted to your game folder? You need to have the original mod + TDDz, but DO NOT install with original TDD setup (remove setup-TDD.exe and tp2) but with TDDz setup instead.

Yeah, well you need that too, just read this line:

My bad. Thanks. Downloaded TDD v1.14 and installation went fine.

Hi just a bit of a question on installation.

Should I do the following?

1. Use BWS to install mods on BGEE that are required to be installed prior to EET

2. Install EET

3. Use BWS to install mods that are compatible with EET

4. Manually install mods that require patching.

Or actually am I getting confused and should just use BWS for everything?

Cheers!

Edited by Zanalina