Mod Compatibility List for EET

I can't figure out how to search this thread for any previous posts on this, so please forgive me if someone already asked. I have BGEE, BG2EE, and SoD from Beamdog, and I am trying to install the Drizzt Saga mod as well as EET. The DS readme says that is it compatible with BGEE and no mention of BG2EE or EET. But DS is listed on the EET compatibility list. So I am not sure if DS should be available when starting the game in trilogy mode. I followed the instructions and installed DS first to BGEE using Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7. Then installed EET to BG2EE, then a few other mods, then EET_end. The result: If I start a game from the BGEE game directory (which I believe is not EET), I have DS with Drizzt as an NPC, etc. If I start a game from the BG2EE game directory and choose to begin with BGEE (which I assume is EET), I do not have DS -- meeting Drizzt is like the original BG where he just kills some knolls or whatever. Have I done something wrong? I would love to have Drizzt in my party from Candlekeep to Throne of Bhaal... but for someone a bit inexperienced with mods I am not sure if this is possible. Thanks for any help

Hello,

Maybe you have installed the Optional component: Delayed Start - Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower....

Spoiler

This optional component aims to improve compatibility (see below) and balance - by delaying the mod's start until the protagonist character has enough experience to be more effective against the high-level enemies and threats introduced by Drizzt Saga. Instead of joining the party right in the middle of the initial encounter with the gnolls, Drizzt will now meet the party after completing Durlag's Tower and can be later recruited in Ulgoth's Beard inn.

This component resolves potential compatibility issues with several mods (see the compatibility notes section in readme for more details) by leaving the original Drizzt vs gnolls encounter completely untouched.

Edited by JohnBob

@JohnBob No I did not install the delayed segment. @Lauriel I was a little confused on this part. It asked for the game directory for "BGEE + SoD". If I provide the BGEE directory, it gives an error - invalid installation or something. So I have to provide the SoD directory, which is an entirely different folder, which works and allows the install to continue. As a workaround, I am going to try installing Region of Terror, which is "normal" (installed after EET), and see if I can transport to Irenicus just to pick up Drizzt, and come back. Might not work, but we'll see... Thanks for the assistance everyone

@CoraMoose The "SoD" folder includes the BG:EE game. This - BG:EE+SoD combined- game folder is what EET needs. And this is where you need to install the mod to before the EET transformation.

If I read it right, you installed the mod to plain BG:EE, and then build EET with BG:oD+BGII. In that case, it's no wonder the mod content is not available in your EET install - it was never included.

EDIT: If you are playing SoD from GOG or Steam, also make sure to install the DLC Merger to BG:SoD before installing the Drizzt mod or any other mods.

Hello! These mods from Smiling Imp are compatible with EET:

1) BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB

2) Smiling Imp's Cross Banter Mod (cross banters between the NPCs from "BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB"  mod and your custom MOD favorites like Silver Star, Varshoon, Yasraena, Saerileth, Tsujatha, Horace, Kindrek & more)

3) Zelink (Zelda & Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2

Add them to the list too, please!

Edited by Austin

Pull request https://github.com/K4thos/EET-Compatibility-List/pull/59 submitted to cover above both posts.

@Austin offtopic but your PI metadata in the CrossBanterPack mod is wrong with it saying https://github.com/Austin-BG/SmilingImp's_CrossBanterMod instead of instead of https://github.com/Austin-BG/SmilingImp-s_CrossBanterMod; PI can't resolve the change on the apostrophe.

24 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

@Austin offtopic but your PI metadata in the CrossBanterPack mod is wrong with it saying https://github.com/Austin-BG/SmilingImp's_CrossBanterMod instead of instead of https://github.com/Austin-BG/SmilingImp-s_CrossBanterMod; PI can't resolve the change on the apostrophe.

Spoiler

Hello! Thanks, I fixed it and updated the ini-file! I also tried to update the release version, but for some reason no .iemod and .zip files are created in the release folder, and only "Source code" archives are available. My knowledge of Github is not enough to understand the reason (

I cannot support in good conscience to feature a modder's work in a community-maintained list when said modder frequently and consistently berates said community and ignores it's standards. If his work is too good for us to comprehend, I wouldn't degrade it to our level by listing it among the output of us peons.