Mod Compatibility List for EET

This mod has an optional Category Portraits component to assign portraits from a pool of random portraits to actors that are not assigned specific portraits by the main component. This component is highly recommended and covers beings that are genericly named. For example, human characters named "Thief" or "Mugger" will get portraits from the male or female Rogue pool, characters named "Commoner" or "Peasant" will get portraits from the commoners pool, and "Drow" will get portraits from either the male or female Drow pool. There are more than ninety pools of random portraits that range from a few portraits to over 20. There are more breakdowns for groups of Humans than there are for other races. Please note that you may get repetition in portraits if you speak to multiple characters as once a pool of portraits is exhausted, then an additional round of picks from the portrait pool will be assigned to additional NPCs.

There are two ways to install the Category Portraits component - Sequentially or Randomly. If you install the component 'Sequentially' then Portraits from the Pool are assigned in numerical order to allow for reproducible results. That means that when you speak to "Mugger" in the dark alley, he should look the same if you were to reinstall the mod. There is also a Random option to grab a random portrait from the pool so that our friend the "Mugger" might get a different portrait if this component was installed a second time. If the random option is selected then a random pick will be selected. The way the random picked works is that all possible numbers from a pool are used before a second pick of the same number is picked meaning that you should not get random picks out of a group of 5 with the same number being used until all 5 of the portraits have been picked.

wow, you've actually implemented the random portrait assigning? :love: If I remember correctly I offered you help to write something like this but became distracted with these RC releases. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to try it out.

I'm not sure how it will handle IWDinEET, if you are planning on renaming creatures or not.

here is cpmvars file for IWD-in-EET : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35433122/iwd_in_eet_cpmvars.tpa

As you can see only 9 CRE files have been renamed, so probably nothing has to be changed in your mod. As for IWD2 content nothing is since almost all IWD2 resources already have 2 number prefix, so they don't conflict with other games.

This mod has an optional Category Portraits component to assign portraits from a pool of random portraits to actors that are not assigned specific portraits by the main component. This component is highly recommended and covers beings that are genericly named. For example, human characters named "Thief" or "Mugger" will get portraits from the male or female Rogue pool, characters named "Commoner" or "Peasant" will get portraits from the commoners pool, and "Drow" will get portraits from either the male or female Drow pool. There are more than ninety pools of random portraits that range from a few portraits to over 20. There are more breakdowns for groups of Humans than there are for other races. Please note that you may get repetition in portraits if you speak to multiple characters as once a pool of portraits is exhausted, then an additional round of picks from the portrait pool will be assigned to additional NPCs.

There are two ways to install the Category Portraits component - Sequentially or Randomly. If you install the component 'Sequentially' then Portraits from the Pool are assigned in numerical order to allow for reproducible results. That means that when you speak to "Mugger" in the dark alley, he should look the same if you were to reinstall the mod. There is also a Random option to grab a random portrait from the pool so that our friend the "Mugger" might get a different portrait if this component was installed a second time. If the random option is selected then a random pick will be selected. The way the random picked works is that all possible numbers from a pool are used before a second pick of the same number is picked meaning that you should not get random picks out of a group of 5 with the same number being used until all 5 of the portraits have been picked.

wow, you've actually implemented the random portrait assigning? :love: If I remember correctly I offered you help to write something like this but became distracted with these RC releases. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to try it out.

I'm not sure how it will handle IWDinEET, if you are planning on renaming creatures or not.

here is cpmvars file for IWD-in-EET : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35433122/iwd_in_eet_cpmvars.tpa

As you can see only 9 CRE files have been renamed, so probably nothing has to be changed in your mod. As for IWD2 content nothing is since almost all IWD2 resources already have 2 number prefix, so they don't conflict with other games.

About half the 4K+ speakers are specifically assigned and about half can be randomly (or sequentially) assigned. It runs through all the possibilities first before reusing portraits. (thanks argent77 and others here).

It's pretty cool.

About half the 4K+ speakers are specifically assigned and about half can be randomly (or sequentially) assigned. It runs through all the possibilities first before reusing portraits. (thanks argent77 and others here).

It's pretty cool.

Looks like a great addition to the game.

I have installed it already.

(I found a small issue I am unable to test this time as I already did the quest - when you do chicken Melicamp, you give the rescued mage a face. It is something my mod does as well since Melicamp becomes a joinable NPC later in the game and I wanted consistency. I think there is no problem - your mod changes portrait via Thalantyr dialog and a round later mine does it from Melicamp's script - at least I hope this is how it works...)

It looks like applying the patch to Xan for BG2 or Kivan for BG2 messes up the strings during the process install.

I have no idea how this happen, here's how it looks like on the kivan mod (exact same happen on Xan, Xan installs without the patch, kivan doesn't install without the patch), this is the class selection component, same as the bugged component for Xan.

YR3cXbH.png

Edited by GrimLefourbe

thanks for report. It's caused by last block added into main component that uses LOAD_TRA to get Fate spirit dialogues (no other way to do it since these mods uses AUTO_TRA feature). So after this step we should reload setup.tra before other optional components are installed. To fix it just add:

Xan:

LOAD_TRA ~Xan/%LANGUAGE%/Setup-Xan.tra~

right above "BEGIN @48"

Kivan:

LOAD_TRA ~Kivan/tra/%LANGUAGE%/setup.tra~

right above "BEGIN @165"

--------

edit: newest weidu has WITH_TRA and PATCH_WITH_TRA commands that could be used here instead. But it still has beta status and who knows when the stable version of weidu will be released.

Edited by K4thos

this will be fixed in all patches with the next release by updating EET_functions.tph to use WITH_TRA command (hopefully weidu will receive stable release soon because latest version will be needed for these patches and we can't request internalizing them by authors when the code relies on unstable features), so no need to report it. For now I would recommend skipping installation of optional components (other than portraits) for NPC mods that uses patches, since LOAD_TRA used at the end of main component without re-loading setup.tra can indeed screw something like alternative KIT installation.

Either way it may be a good idea to wait for next RC before starting new installation considering this will be major update (probably last RC release) and the mod will be finally feature complete.

Edited by K4thos

Thrown Hammers uses a different set of Description Icons in SoD to match the dark theme. EET can be modified to use the darker SoD theme via the component from EET_end, but as it comes last in the install order I have no way to detect if it will be installed (other than to ask). How do I prompt the user as to whether they will be using the SoD theme before the 1st component of Thrown Hammers begins installing?

Thrown Hammers uses a different set of Description Icons in SoD to match the dark theme. EET can be modified to use the darker SoD theme via the component from EET_end, but as it comes last in the install order I have no way to detect if it will be installed (other than to ask). How do I prompt the user as to whether they will be using the SoD theme before the 1st component of Thrown Hammers begins installing?

The easiest way (and probably most reasonable considering player can change mind regarding GUI) would be installing normal ones by default and adding this code to your tp2:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN
  COPY ~yourDirectoryWithDarkIcons~ ~EET/SoD_GUI~
END

that folder is copied to override when the sod gui is installed.

Alternatively you could use built-in weidu menu system (check the weidu documentation or any mod that use it) or code like this inside component:

OUTER_SET valid_answer = 0
OUTER_SET button = 0
OUTER_WHILE (valid_answer = 0) BEGIN
    ACTION_IF (button = 1) BEGIN //Dark
        COPY ~yourDirectoryWithDarkIcons~ ~override~
        OUTER_SET valid_answer = 1
    END ELSE ACTION_IF (button = 2) BEGIN //Bright
        COPY ~yourDirectoryWithBrightIcons~ ~override~
        OUTER_SET valid_answer = 1
    END ELSE BEGIN
        PRINT @900000 //Choose icons: 1] Dark 2] Bright
        ACTION_READLN button
        ACTION_IF NOT (IS_AN_INT button) BEGIN
            OUTER_SET button = 0
        END
    END
END
Edited by K4thos

Attempting to install ascension 1.5 beta onto a fresh EET 1.6 + SoD install with weidu 239.03 results in the following error for me:

[./override/BIMOEN25.DLG] loaded, 11225 bytes
[bIMOEN25.DLG] loaded
[./override/BALTH.DLG] loaded, 4137 bytes
[bALTH.DLG] loaded
WARNING: internal label [7] not found in processed DLG [PLAYER1]
ERROR: processing .D actions [ascension/ascensionmain/d/player1.d]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [ascension/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "ascension/backup/0/OTHER.0")
[ascension/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 188 files for [ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2] component 0.

Did this happen before as well? Did I overlook something in the installation process? I tried rolling back to weidu 239 as well, but same result.

Edit: It works on vanilla BG2EE, so something might be up with the conversion process.

Edited by Shin

Attempting to install ascension 1.5 beta onto a fresh EET 1.6 + SoD install with weidu 239.03 results in the following error for me:

[./override/BIMOEN25.DLG] loaded, 11225 bytes

[bIMOEN25.DLG] loaded

[./override/BALTH.DLG] loaded, 4137 bytes

[bALTH.DLG] loaded

WARNING: internal label [7] not found in processed DLG [PLAYER1]

ERROR: processing .D actions [ascension/ascensionmain/d/player1.d]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")

ERROR Installing [Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB)], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [ascension/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "ascension/backup/0/OTHER.0")

[ascension/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 188 files for [ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2] component 0.

Did this happen before as well? Did I overlook something in the installation process? I tried rolling back to weidu 239 as well, but same result.

Edit: It works on vanilla BG2EE, so something might be up with the conversion process.

can't reproduce it. Version downloaded from here (Clone or download -> Download ZIP) installs fine for me on RC6 using weidu 239.03. You're aware that BG2:EE mods should be installed before setup-EET_end.exe, right?

Edited by K4thos