Mod Compatibility List for EET

don

I installed Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters v13 into BGEE. I launch EET and walk into the inn in Candlekeep and Lydia is not in there to begin the quest. I launch BGEE instead and she is in the inn. I don't understand why EET does not seem to be picking up the mod. Should I have installed the BGEE mods in the SoD directory instead of BGEE? Not sure if the other BGEE mods were picked up. I don't really want to progress until this is fixed. I also installed BG1 NPC, UF and Classic Movies. I think Classic Movies is detected because the opening movie was the old one.

It seems BG2EE mods were detected.

Hoping someone can please assist.

don't understand what you mean. SoD directory IS BG:EE directory. SoD is not standalone expansion but part of the BG:EE, so of course you should install mods on a game with SoD and use that folder for resource importation

I see what happened. I didn't realise the SoD folder contained a separate copy of the whole BG1 game. I installed the BGEE mods in the old (Pre SoD) Baldur's Gate EE folder, not the SoD one. I have now installed the BGEE mods into the SoD directory but EET is still not picking up Lydia in the inn. Do I have to start again and reinstall EET and all the other mods?

By the sound of it, yes. The procedure is, install SoD, install mods onto SoD. Then install BG2EE, install EET (this is where content and installed mods from BG1/SoD are imported), and any EET-compatible mods you want onto BG2EE. And then finally run the EET closer.

Like this http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28245&page=2&do=findComment&comment=247030

All up and running thanks.

SoD directory IS BG:EE directory. SoD is not standalone expansion but part of the BG:EE, so of course you should install mods on a game with SoD and use that folder for resource importation.

No - if you bought them from Beamdog directly, SoD comes as a completely separate game (which happens to contain all of BGEE within it). So these people have separate "BGEE" and "SoD" games.

No - if you bought them from Beamdog directly, SoD comes as a completely separate game (which happens to contain all of BGEE within it). So these people have separate "BGEE" and "SoD" games.

Erhm, the SoD containing BGEE or BGEE containing SoD, does it actually matter 1 f&/% ?

And remember, for you to have "everything", the SoD needs to have all the map file, and everything else, for example the BGEE start. ... Which actually makes it BGEE, not SoD, it might contain that in the default installs folder name, but it's just slightly edited BGEE version, so it's not actually SoD, but BGEE. Apple and Linux can shovel their determinations to their reknown ends all they want, it still doesn't make it true.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Minor thing about the UI: with the new dialogue window style that expands upward to show dialogue history instead of allowing direct scrolling up and down like in the past, longer blocks of dialogue introduced by certain mods (as seen in the screenshots) take up so much space that the area containing your replies starts to shrink. If the incoming text block is lengthy enough, the reply area disappears altogether and there's no way to change window sizes around to bring it back up.

Of course, more than likely this isn't an EET issue but a result of the new UI style; but since the EET offers a choice of UI on installation, is there any way of bringing back the old, scroll-style dialogue window?

post-6971-0-47086000-1475338788_thumb.jpg

post-6971-0-96517800-1475338788_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shin

Erhm, the SoD containing BGEE or BGEE containing SoD, does it actually matter 1 f&/% ?

Yes it matters because the SoD game/folder contains BGEE, but the BGEE game/folder does not contain SoD. So if the user mods BGEE and then EET pulls resources from SoD, it will not get any of the modded stuff. Get it?

Yes it matters because the SoD game/folder contains BGEE, but the BGEE game/folder does not contain SoD. So if the user mods BGEE and then EET pulls resources from SoD, it will not get any of the modded stuff. Get it?

Matters a little when you install the ModMerger tool first. It's still not called SoD. Get your definitions correct.